MWO Availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO Availability?

Anyone else have problems getting in this morning?
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

MWO Availability?

Hi, AA

We're aware of the issue and working on it. Sorry for the interruption of service.

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

MWO Availability?

No problems - I work with software and computers so am only too aware how easy things happen!

Just missing all my pals at MWO!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

MWO Availability?

Yea - back up and running. I too was just a tiny bit obsessively trying to log on this morning ... Thanks RJ

Comment

MWO Availability?

I figured it was a sign from above telling me to get some WORK done, so I did!!! But it sure is a relief to know that things are back up and running!!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

MWO Availability?

last night I got the message "insufficient bandwidth" for the first time. all ok now tho
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MWO Availability?

Thanks RJ.
              I got an error messagealong the same lines at about 0430 till 0600 (GMT)
              I got on eventually though.

Comment

MWO Availability?

I just hope Lush is okay
                :h :h :h :h

Comment

MWO Availability?

LOL Rachele. No, once again I missed all of the excitement but you can be sure I would have been having a tizzy over it. Your concern as usual warms my heart!!!:l
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

MWO Availability?

I was actually thinking of Lusch too, thinking she would be panicking too, until I remembered the 3 hour time difference and recalled that she was likely tucked safely in bed while I was panicking at my keyboard.
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

MWO Availability?

Update...

Yes, bandwidth. Our host tells us that was the issue. I understand an article ran in a major NY paper on Tuesday and we've seen a huge jump in traffic over the past 48 hours. I believe many of those folks have been viewing video from our home page, downloading our PDF, etc. It all requires lots of resources. Ironically, our host assured us last night that they had expanded our bandwidth so this would *not* happen again. But it did this morning. Very frustrating.

Which brings me to tonight's *planned* outage. I mentioned it in yesterday's post, but will do so again here. We're told we'll be offline for ten minutes. However, I'm concerned it may be longer, so please be prepared.

The outage is slated for 12:01 am tonight, Thursday, Eastern Time US. You can calculate what that means in your corner of the globe by using the tool here.

The reason for this "server restart" is to upgrade the machine and ideally avoid the frequency of future outages.

I do apologize for the disruption in service...we really are working as hard as we can to put them behind us and create a more stable environment.

Bottom line: we're getting closer to providing a more robust board and once we're able to come up with a backup system in the next few weeks, ideally there will be little to no disruption in service at all. :-)

Thanks for your patience as we muck our way through the growing pains.

RJ

p.s.: Thanks also for the reports. And Lush, don't log on...!
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

MWO Availability?

At least now Lusch can prepare herself :H :H

I love you Lusch:h
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

MWO Availability?

It is so nice to be loved around here!

Comment

MWO Availability?

Lush, maybe you should listen to some of the hypno CD's to take your mind off the outage.
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

MWO Availability?

That's the answer! Thanks. Geez, how much time until the dreaded 10 minutes? Three hours? I am already flipping out....................

Comment

Working...
                              X