Real life.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real life.....

Thanks everyone for the congrats on me making 180 days! Although, I've done it before this feels soooo good and it's interesting to really consider how I feel this time. The two biggest things are feeling safe and relieved. It was pretty scary wondering if I would ever get my sober life back..... Trying to moderate was really quite frightening. The old ways and the weird and 'wonderful' thinking took hold so very, very quickly!!!!! I would seriously NEVER recommend giving it a try!

I am so grateful to ALL of you. I never ask for help in 'real' life but here it is different and I would not have ever experienced my first chance of getting dry, let alone this second blessed opportunity without this support and care!!!!!!

Love and love, Nicey.
    XXXXXXOOOOOO :l:h
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Real life.....

nicelife;1276601 wrote: The two biggest things are feeling safe and relieved. It was pretty scary wondering if I would ever get my sober life back..... Trying to moderate was really quite frightening.
    Now THAT makes perfect sense to me.......good on you Nicey.....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Real life.....

Nicey, you drank after a very long sober period, right? Could you post more about your experience? Or, maybe you have and I missed it. Anyway, thanks for being here and talking about it for the benefit of others!

Comment

Real life.....

Nicelife, congrats on the total 180...that is inspirational. I would also like to hear more about your experience as UW asked...
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Real life.....

Hi Nicey,
          Congrats on all of your sober time! I'd like to chime in with UW and Blonde and ask what happened previously when you drank after a long time sober? I have made it 100+ days in the past also, and then drank again. I can't really pinpoint what happened though, maybe you can? I think I just got lethargic and figured I'd "won" the battle. If you can give any advice, I know we'd all appreciate it!
          Again, a huge congrats on 180 days...that's awesome!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Real life.....

Congratulations!

Comment

Real life.....

Oh goddd!!!!! I've tried to post three times and have lost it every time.

I had some good things to say too!!!!

Aaaaaargh!!!!

I'll try again later.......
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
              X