• Show
Clear All

Long Term Relationships

Tippy... :l
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Long Term Relationships

If and when I stop (day 2 almost completed) i am scared our relationship will stagnate. It's been what's keeping me from being successful to some degree. If it does, I have to come to terms with the fact that the relationship was built on a false foundation.
      Tipps, this was true of my relationship too but we're doing pretty well. I totally understand where you're coming from - my husband and I were drinking buddies and had been that way from day 1. Hell, we even met in a bar (albeit a very classy one with a restaurant :H) Your relationship will change and it might feel like it's stagnate. So, you might have to regroup........it will be an adjustment but it can be done. Thinking of you.:l

Comment

Long Term Relationships

My longest relationship lasted 24 posts & 2 PM's !
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Long Term Relationships

Wow, what a bunch of wise and funny people you are!
          Thank you for all your replies.
          Relationships are certainly complicated situations. Many times I have wondered if I actually need one in my life.
          Techie, you might have a point there :H
          I wish I could multiquote cos you have all said something valuable to me.
          Flossie, you are right about the pants too :H
          I think the simple question is am I happy, and would I be happier if the situation were different. And the simple answer is I really have no idea :new:
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Long Term Relationships

Starty, I didn't realize you were actually thinking of a breakup - I just thought we were all waxing and waning philosophically about relationships. I hope you figure out what's best - not easy, especially after being with someone a long time. Wishing you luck.

Comment

Long Term Relationships

Oh lord.... Relationships I think have a lifespan.. I'm on my 2nd marriage but I don't know if I want to stay in it.
              I end up in affairs & infatuated, that lasts about a yr. Then I'm bored. I can't take rejection. It's hopeless.

Comment

Long Term Relationships

My hubs and I are a team. It's me and him against the world, and we are pretty fierce about it.
                Do we fight??? HELL YES. Do we go through days of barely speaking...hell yes!! But he is there for me and I am there for him. He makes me laugh and would hurt anyone that hurt me. And we have made it 21 years. Love is not a feeling.....it is is a choice.
                Hope that helps for what it's worth.
                And he has put up with my drunk ass quite a bit, so he gets points there, for sure!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X