How long??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long??

Anyone's experience/advice would be much appreciated here....how long before your sleeping patterns return to normal?
    Im just coming in to day 22 Af and im still not sleeping....also i have no appetite at all during the day and then i cant stop eating at night...is this normal? Grrr im so tired but my mind is racing!!!!

Lou-Lou x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

How long??

I can't say, as I'm running behind you, but I'm on day 15 and aslo can't sleep through the night. I'm usually waking up at least two or three times during the night.

I have to focus on the nighttime eating as well. I'm guessing it is because that is when my body was used to the calories coming in, and my stomach is used to being full at night. I tell myself it is just going to take time to return back to what I consider normal and I have to be patient.

Take care!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

How long??

I find my sleep came together at about the 20th day (give or take a couple). I was having very broken sleep until then. I find I have the urge to eat late at night as well, but I think it is from being bored/restless. I try not to eat past dinner time. It might help if you force yourself to eat a bit throughout the day!

Comment

How long??

interesting Lou. sleep is really a complicated thing and takes skill/trial and error. I recall Dr Dean Edell speaking quite a bit on this. Maybe his healthcentral.com site has something? for myself, sleep returns after a bad binge at AF day 6 or so. BUT I really have to watch eating sweets at night or drinking coffee after mid morning or that messes me up. I wish you good rest!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

How long??

i wish me good rest too!!!! iv taken double the dose of calms night time and im still sat here wired...eating ice cream i dont even take anything with caffeine in it as im so susceptible to it...i just have herbal tea!!!! im gonna end up 2000 stone and dead from sleep deprivation....ok maybe slight exaggeration....i just wanna sleep!!!! think ill throw a tantrum, that might wear me out a bit...lol!!!
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

How long??

I think drinkers are usually night people anyway...I know i used to stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning supping...It might just be another habit to get out of....Last night i went to bed at 4am ( sober ) and got up at 8am....Something is definatly not right...Also the sugar thing....I drink coke and eat sweets like there is no tomorrow when im AF...So that gets me jacked up on sugar for the night....Its no wonder we cant sleep...

Anybody got a sledgehammer or a big frying pan...

Not you mrs Macks...You'd enjoy it too much.
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
            X