Stopped Making Our Own Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the problems with being a wine drinker and trying to quit is that for the past 7 or 8 years we've been making our own tasty, cheap red wine. The wine rack is full all the time. Well all hell broke loose at the little place we use to make wine and they are not supplying wine anymore. Hubby has finally decided to stop making wine and to just buy it as needed. This is a biggie as the wine won't be in my face any more and we won't be known as party central as our wine won't be free-flowing any more (at $10.00 a crack). So this is good for me. It makes it easier to surf the urges. We live on a dirt road and the store is not close so I certainly won't be running out for wine. I am far enough along on my own journey to not go looking for it.

We were downtown Ottawa yesterday to enjoy the spring and my wallet went missing. Spent last evening cancelling credit cards, etc. Don't know why I am not more upset. We saw hubby's son on his Harley and decided to stop for a beer with him (on St. Paddy's day no less). They had a nice cold one and I chatted to the server and we came up with a delicious alternative: Lime and Soda. Tastes very grown up and refreshing. A good time was had by all.

Have a great, sober Sunday peeps.

Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

That is great news. It had to be so much harder trying to quit when your drink of choice was so readily available.
    It must feel so freeing to have that situation taken care of.

Have a great Sunday!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

yup that was one stumbling block that got me all the time. Now it's up to me.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Woop Woop, no more stomping grapes!:waving: Seriously, I bet that is a huge relief, even though it was probably considered a great thing at one time.

Well you can't make your own wine, but you can make your own WHINE. hee he he, and have some cheese while you're at it.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Library Girl, you sure are hilarious. Love to laugh. counted the bottles today. We have four left. We usually have 30 plus at any one time. Both hubby and I are excited at changing this aspect of our lifestyle. He can pick up a bottle if he wants one for the weekend. It is actually going to be my antabuse as I haven't managed to get any of that powdered gold.
          Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Great news, Miss Tips!
            Mr. Wonderful still makes his own and there are usually around 40 bottles here. Mind you, I've always preferred white wine and it's only red in the basement
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X