Worried about this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a pep talk, its superbowl weekend and here in the frozen trundra that means party.

Sammys

Try being a Bears fan - I may have plenty of reasons to drink before this one is over (we want Good Rex)...

My suggestions would be to make sure you put together a detailed gameplan ahead of time (including an excuse for not drinking, if needed) so that you know going into it you don't want to drink. Think of the triggers that will make you want to drink (including peer pressure) so that you can be ready for them when they happen and can deal with them.

Best of luck - I know that you can do it. Heck, if I think that I can pull it off (and I'm pretty damn sure I can) after many years of weekend binge drinking, anyone can! ray:

Okay, now everyone sing:

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
    Make every play, clear the way to victory!

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
    Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation
    With your T-formation

Bear Down, Chicago Bears
    And let them know why you're wearing the crown!

You're the pride and joy of Illinois,
    Chicago Bears, Bear Down!!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I'm with you Sammys...I am concerned as well. I expect to have about 20 people over, where until last Saturday, I was the biggest drinker in the group now going on 5 days AF...I will have a lot of pressure...

So as Athlete admonishes, we need a game plan. By the way Athlete I wanted both the Bears and the Colts to Win their playoffs. But for the big game, I'm leaning toward the Colts, just cause I would like all of Payton's hard work through the years pay off in a super-bowl win.

That aside, I submit to you that aside from the superbowl game, we at MWO have a big game (challenge) Sunday as well. It's MWO vs Alcohol. We are a team! Visualize in your (our) minds every day till the big conflict, visualize yourself, sipping on water with lemon, coke, etc, while all others are banging down beer, wine and whiskey, but there you are, sipping on water....Scoring a touchdown for MWO (and most of all yourself)...Every time you have a coke etc..you score, you win...and when we all meet here Monday, we will tally up the score...And we Will WIN!!! RAH, RAH..(WHERE IS THAT MEMBER WITH THE CHEER LEADING AVATAR?)...

Anyway, start visualizing the victory, plan what you will drink, make a scorecard to keep you )us) on track)

Good luck to all MWO!!
      Control the Mind

Comment

What's the Superbowl?

Comment

Keep a bottle of L-Glut on hand and open a cap & pour it under your tongue if need be! It works!:goodjob:
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Do you just pour the powder under your tongue or is there liquid L-Glut?
            Control the Mind

Comment

Put the powder under your tongue. It does help Judes is right.
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Rocky, Jen is the cheerleader around here. Does she have permission to use that picture as her Avatar? Perfect!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I live in Miami..this whole city is one big party starting tomorrow....I actually have to leave work early tomorrow as there will be so much traffic with everthing going on around here..
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

I will go get the L-Glut Tomorrow, thanks. I appreciate the tips.

Sammys

Comment

Best of luck Sammys:goodluck:
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Camper that is funny!!!!

Comment

Sammys, I understand completely. The L -glut is totally awesome. even try it from early morning with the rest of supps and then just before guests arrive under your tongue.

The only other thing I can say is listen to the CD - hypno the night before and maybe in the morning if you have time. It just helps you decide this is what you want rather than feeling deprived.

Best of Luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Comment

Super Bowl!

That's enough temptation!

Brandy:l :l

Comment

Working...
                            X