• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 27th March

Good morning Army

Am I really the first one awake?:H
    It is going to be another beautiful spring day-and I only work this morning so I hope to have a walk this afternoon.
    I've been trying to help the kids a lot more in the evening with homework. We are into the last trimester before summer holidays and they are getting lazy. Me too!
    Inchy-I hope you can find a counsellor hon! And your Seattle idea sounds cool. It seems like you should be able to get a student visa or something. I think you can then get the right to study and work part time or something.
    Going to make coffee-bacinabit. x

Comment

Morning expat. Well i'm awake since 4 am so got up and made coffee. The forecast is good here to be good:cupajoe::sun:for the next few days so i'll be out this afternoon doing mostly food shopping. Looking forward to sitting outside a cafe with a coffee in the sun after. Still dark here and might fall back asleep but i'll be here for a while. Enjoy your afternoon we may as well make the best of the sunshine while its here.

Comment

Hi expat.
        Good morning to all army folk, it's a warm sparkly day here & I am still bobbing around.
        Mrs Anon, hope you are resting up.
        Inchy, sorry you missed yur bus & session & can't answer any queries re US creams etc - but i gather they are quite strict about what size of things you take on planes nowadays.
        Hint ; no knives, ok? & guns aren't favoured too much either.
        Nothing further exciting happening down under, but all is calm on the farm.

Comment

Hi expat.
          Good morning to all army folk, it's a warm sparkly day here & I am still bobbing around.
          Mrs Anon, hope you are resting up.
          Inchy, sorry you missed yur bus & session & can't answer any queries re US creams etc - but i gather they are quite strict about what size of things you take on planes nowadays.
          Hint ; no knives, ok? & guns aren't favoured too much either.
          Nothing further exciting happening down under, but all is calm on the farm.
          Oops sorry Firey x posted.

Comment

Go back to bed firey no point being up in the dark......

Comment

Hello Foxy and Corrie!:l
              Lmao at no knives or guns in the plane!:H Yes, they are pretty strict these days. I think if you have a doctor's prescription for the item-it might pass through? I know the last time I travelled with my son they asked if they could "test" his bottle of cough syrup. They took it away for an half hour and then came back and said it was ok. So I guess just expect long waits and high security-probably best to check with the American consulate in London before leaving to get the latest updates.

Comment

Morning Coriander i'm in bed with laptop its almost 6 am now. Might try and stay up and go out early unless i get real sleepy then i'll get a few more hours if i can. Hope your day goes well not too much happening for me here either. Hoping to get an AA meeting in at 1pm if i don't sleep too late so i can make it on time. I have to shower and take a bus. Hate rushing around.

Comment

Firefox;1286725 wrote: Morning Coriander i'm in bed with laptop its almost 6 am now. Might try and stay up and go out early unless i get real sleepy then i'll get a few more hours if i can. Hope your day goes well not too much happening for me here either. Hoping to get an AA meeting in at 1pm if i don't sleep too late so i can make it on time. I have to shower and take a bus. Hate rushing around.
                  I hate the rushing too Foxy! And like you-I have to take public transport.
                  Speaking of rushing-I'd best go have a shower before the kids wake up.
                  Hope everyone has a lovely positive Tuesday. Wish I could meet you for a coffee later and sit outside! Bliss. I :h spring.
                  I'll try to peek in before leaving for work. xxx

Comment

Good morning Expattie, Foxy and Done-ya (aka Corrie)

A cool day today - we may even get a bit of rain, according to the forecast.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

3rd for hating rushing around!
                      One of my prime shit-offs is my forever running later husband.
                      I'm one of those pious punctual types.
                      Cooking mini pizzas for lunch, with lots of bacon. Man, I'd hate to be Jewish (no offence to those of that faith) but I must be addicted to the incredibly high nitrates in the stuff.
                      Pigs : can't stand treating 'em, but love eating 'em. Poetic, yes? Maybe a new catch phrase for the Australian Pork Industry.

Comment

morning tips. why am I "Done-ya" - sounds like you've "done me" which can have a few meanings really.....

Comment

coriander;1286730 wrote: morning tips. why am I "Done-ya" - sounds like you've "done me" which can have a few meanings really.....
                          It is simply the way the name we use for coriander here in Saffaland is pronounced
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

coriander;1286729 wrote: Pigs : can't stand treating 'em, but love eating 'em. Poetic, yes? Maybe a new catch phrase for the Australian Pork Industry.
                            :H:H:H
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1286731 wrote: It is simply the way the name we use for coriander here in Saffaland is pronounced
                              & here I was thinking we'd had a clandestine affair somewhere across the indian Ocean....shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X