My life is going bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life is going bad...

Some of you remember me from my somewhat infrequent posts here. And as I have done so many times I wish to thank each and every one that have replied to my posts and given me strength to fight this drug that I am so addicted to.

I decided some time ago to not drink in 2012. With the help of antabuse I did not drink for over three months. Every single day I was happy and smiling as I drank my Antabuse every morning. Not sad and trying to keep my food as I have been the last 5 to 7 years of heavy alcohol abuse. I was happy, feeling good, and looking great physically. (I got lots of compliments about not looking tired, and looking well trained.)

Social life was lacking though. Going to partys without drinking is for me not interesting. I did not see many of my friends, and I spent most of my spare time in the gym, at home, or with one of my very few AF friends.

However, I felt very good, and that by a really big margain outweighted the negatives of drinking.

Also I am getting old and want a wife and kids soon. The last 6-7 years I have lived the life of a "cocky bachelor", with new girls all the time, lots of partying etc etc. I feel my life AF will comply much better with "family guy" than "cool party dude".

Anyway, as I wrote on this forum. I quit my Antabuse because 1. I wanted to drink, and 2. I used the excuse that I could not take antabuse on the plane abroad blah blah excuses excuses. BIG FAULT! I should have never stoppet taking it. Now I am drunk again and feel great, because I drank so much yesterday and have felt like crap all day, so feeling normal now is what I consider feeling great. I was afraid of vomiting at dinner with my parents at 8 o'clock, which basically was my breakfast....

So I decided I need to:

A: Never stop taking Antabuse every morning, or:
    B: Get an antabuse injection or implant

After googleing it, it looks that here in Scandinavia, Antabuse implants are not performed anymore. And injections I find very little info on. Any info on this is greatly appreciated, as my three AF months were the best months of my life for the last 5 or 6 years...

My life is going bad...

Hi Scandinavian,
    I do remember you, and welcome back. Congratulations on your 3 months, that's a great accomplishment. I am also on Antabuse. When you stopped taking it, you had to wait at least a few days right? Did you think about your decision during that time, and how did you justify it? I take my Antabuse every morning, I do not stop to think about it, or consider it, I just do it. I don't think the implant or injection is very common. Remember how good you felt when you were sober...hang on to that feeling for dear life. Do whatever it takes to get that pill down every morning. I'll be pulling for you and sending you strength!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My life is going bad...

K9:

Comment

My life is going bad...

The good thing Scan is that you can have all that back! Starting today, or tomorrow, take your Antabuse and don't drink. Post here as often as possible and keep going to the gym or whatever you enjoy AF. Don't feel bad that you aren't socializing as much. I doubt many here are doing the kind of socializing they did while drinking. Besides, what good came of it anyway?

I am 34 days AF and don't crave as much, or at least not as often. I still get the cravings, but not every afternoon as I drive home from work, which was a trigger for me in the beginning because my usual stop was the liquor store.

Good luck to you, and nice to "meet" you too.

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

My life is going bad...

Librarygirl: Thanks

I actually do not crave al that much. I just like being drunk I congratulate you on 34 days AF! The hard part is when you start forgetting about how good it feels to be not hung over, and only remember the good things about drinking... That was what messed up my AF year...

My plan is as now to start Antabuse after easter, and stay on it the rest of the year. I have learned that one day of not taking Antabuse equals drinking. Thts how closely these two actions are related.

Comment

My life is going bad...

I understand how that can happen. I've already kind of forgotten how bad hangovers are...although they are not easy to forget completely. I agree that it's easy to romanticize AL, and how fun it is BEFORE you get sloppy, out of control, do terrible (or just stupid, if you're lucky) things...and wake up feeling half-dead.:H

I am not taking Antabuse. I think it does help some people quite a bit. It may be something for me to consider if I find I cannot maintain AF in the future.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

My life is going bad...

hi there, I think if you did for 3 months you ca do it again. i take antabuse and it saved my life. when i think about stopping it and going to the liquor store i quickly run and take a pill...

you can do it..
              caper
              caper
              AF since Sept 2013...
              :alf:

Comment

My life is going bad...

Thanks caper!

I see you got three months AF too! That was about the time I started taking for granted feeling good.

And feeling good must always be cherished! That I know from feeling crappy and hung over so many times!

Comment

Working...
                X