Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your favourite AF activities?

Here is my list:

1. Riding my motorbike. Its only a Yamaha WR125, but its great fun!
    2. Riding my boat. A small one, with only 40HP engine, but also fun!
    3. Bicycling! Its only fun when AF, when I bicycle drunk or hung over it sucks big time.
    4. Kickboxing! Great fun, and you need to have stayed sober a few days to not pass out
    5. Slalom during the winter! I also want to pick up cross country skiing too!
    6. Going to the gym! I feel so strong when not hung over!
    7. Eating breakfast! When I am hung over I just drink water or juice for breakfast hehe
    8. Driving! I sometimes drive a cab during summer. Thats great fun also!
    9. Working! I am so lucky that I have a job that is very very rewarding when I perform good!

What are yours?

I need to find some, hee hee. My favorite AF activity is reading. Go figure.:H:H I am still not exercising like I thought I would when I stopped drinking. Still lack the energy, believe it or not.

I enjoy movies, and MWO as well.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

I love long distance running and have really started doing trail running as well. I might start kayaking this spring.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Any straineous activity is perfect to do when AF. Just because you perform so incredibly much better when doing it not hung over, and the difference makes all the difference so to speak.

Comment

So many but here are a few:

Cooking ( less cuts and burns!)
          Chatting with my family
          Reading at night and actually comprehending it
          Sleeping and waking without my heart racing and trying to remember the entire evening.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Motorbikes you say? This is how I get my AF kicks. A rush that is hard to beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIzxHWk2Fw[/video]]Nelso HPT - YouTube
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hey Scand, there are so many awesome AF things to do, good call on getting a list going.

My favourite thing to do, without a doubt, is to NOT HAVE to spend time thinking about all of the bad things I did while drunk. NOT having to feel guilty about what I did while drinking. NOT being hungover as well, is one of my favourites.

Spending time with my kids and wife, and not wishing I was somewhere closer to a beer fridge, is always something I now enjoy, as an AF activity.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Reading, sex, making art, hiking, gardening, paddling, home repairs....the list goes on and on!

Comment

gardening and painting (which i thought i could not do without drinking but am doing it even more than normal and as strange as it sounds...just being present.
                  I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                  sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Weight lifting
                    Basketball
                    Judo
                    Canoeing
                    Fishing

&

RIDING THE MEAN STREAK!!!!!

Boh
                    http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Reading, working out, walking, dreaming, writing, pampering myself with homemade, natural beauty treatments (making them is half the fun!), taking long baths, getting my house in order, retail therapy (hey, it's better to spend my money on a new piece of clothing than a bottle of wine!) counting my blessings instead of counting my hangovers...the list is endless.
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Watching Women's Beach Volleyball. Ha! ( I'm such a sports fan ! Ha!)
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;1287337 wrote: Watching Women's Beach Volleyball. Ha! ( I'm such a sports fan ! Ha!)
                          :H:H:H

Comment

Reading, pampering myself at home, browsing in stores, thrift store shopping, watching movies, hanging out with my 2 legged and 4 legged kids.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                            X