Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just broke up with my Girlfriend and I will drink myself stupid tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is all.

Sorry about the retarded post. Any mod may delete it if its just too dumb. I am just not mentally stable now.

Scandinavian, I'm sorry you're having a rough spot over your girlfriend. I remember that happening to you before and you overcame it. As trite as it may sound at the moment, This too shall pass. You and I and a lot of other people here ALL know that drinking yourself silly will for sure make you feel worse in the long run. How about treating yourself with kindness and go to a movie or something instead? Do something you enjoy that will lift you up, not inflict damage and remorse. I hope you change your mind, you've put some good AF time in and I know you feel better for it. Hang in there!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Scandinavian - so sorry to hear this. Don't use this as an excuse to drink - use it as a springboard to a new chapter. One that starts sober. Imagine how shitty you will feel tomorrow if you drink too much tonight. And it will not change anything - it may even make things worse. Hope you make the right decision and hope things work out for the best. Again, I am so sorry for your pain.
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

and remember....it's hard to stop if you start again....some say harder
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Scan, was drinking a factor in your break-up? If so, this does not sound like a time to drink more. However your relationship problem turns out, this is NOT an excuse to use AL, and may cause many more problems. As was said, use this to make a change in you. Your life will never be better if you continue this route, and use AL as a crutch to get through problems. It sounds like you may have already started, but try to stop NOW. Your post is relative, not at all hurtful. You're asking for help and understanding, whether you know it or not, and you've come to the right place to get it. There is grief with such a big change in your life, but you have to face it sober. Let people here help you get through this and learn how to deal with life's aches and pains sober. Please take care of yourself tonight, and come back.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

There are worse things that could happen Scan. Not to belittle anything, but we will always face hardships. The reason most of us come here is because we don't want to use AL to deal with our problems any longer.

Think long and hard before you decide to "drink yourself stupid". :l

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

I am getting increasingly numb in my brain now. I do not know the policy of posting things when drunk, as it may trigger other or something. If so then I am sorry. I canot read things as advanced as forum rules right now.

I think I have high estrogen or low testo levels or something, because I get so sad when thinking about the girl I love and that I will never see or touch her anymore. And that some other man will. I am litterarily crying now. (lol).

Anyway, enough of my weeping. I need help and this is what I need:

A: I will drink a lot the next days. To be precise I will drink heavily until wednesday, april 4.th 2012.
              B: On wednesday april 4.th when I am sufficiently sober I will take a large dose of Antabuse.
              C: I WILL TAKE ANTABUSE EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, AND NOT START TAKING HALF DOSES AND SKIPPING DOSES JUST BECAUSE I THINK I DO NOT NEED IT. I NEED IT.
              D: Goals "A" will be easy, but "B" and "C" I need help with.
              E: I did it three months this year already, so I know I can do it again! And its both motorcycle season (if you can call 125cc a motorcycle), boat season, and summer. And I do not want to sleep away every nice sunny summer day in a hung over state.

Comment

Green, wagon, mama, library and ruby: Tnx for replying. It makes me feel not so alone. And you are the only people that understand me and not just tell me "You are stupid for drinking, just dont do it like me".

Comment

Scand -
                  I understand you too. While I was in the midst of my last relationship, every time we fought I'd turn off the phone and drink a 12 pack, that was really showing him huh? He didn't even care and I ended up with a hangover. I know it's hard to shift your thinking, but you really are only hurting yourself by doing this. She won't come running back whether you drink or not, so why do that to yourself? And maybe there's still a chance with her...granted I don't know the situation...but you never know what will happen. Anyway, I'm thinking of you and hoping you're ok.
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am ok. You may wonder how I can write with such coherent syntax during my current state of intoxication. (I must use walls to stay upright, or else crawl on the floor to not fall and hurt myself.) It is because I read trough many times and correct errors

Anyway. I feel ok now. And tomorrow morning I will "repair". That is, cold beer for breakfast.

But enough of my rambling already. I need to focus on:

B: On wednesday april 4.th when I am sufficiently sober I will take a large dose of Antabuse.
                    C: I WILL TAKE ANTABUSE EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, AND NOT START TAKING HALF DOSES AND SKIPPING DOSES JUST BECAUSE I THINK I DO NOT NEED IT. I NEED IT.

Comment

I am wasted beyond recognition now, and I do not feel sad about my sad situation with my beloved, now ex, girlfriend. I just feel warm and slow.

Comment

"I just feel warm and slow."

Remember the part about "This too shall pass?" So will that. Be sure to drink water as well, OK?
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I have stacked up on plenty of Cocio chocolate milk, and will have a glass of water close to my bed/floor when I fall asleep.

And I drink plenty of beer inbetween to stay hydrated.

Comment

Greeneyes, you are soo right. Whatever temp numbing you are getting right now is going to turn into a nasty hangover. And unfortunately if you are going to drink heavily til next Wednesday the withdrawls are going to be potentially very dangerous and you'll still have to deal with the breakup.

I know there is not much we can do for you tonight but please think about this tomorrow and maybe let us help you make a new plan.

Be well and go to bed. I hope you are in a better place tomorrow.
                            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Tomorrow I will reapair with ice cold beer, and as such delay the hangover until that date that I have said. I think it was april 4.th.

I will drink 24/7 until that date no matter what. But I so so much want the strenght to take Antabuse on that date when I am sober and continue to take it for the rest of 2012.

My 3 AF months this year were the best months of my life for my last 5-6 years. And that says a lot. Now I go to the fridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X