Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Thursday March 29th

anon;1288081 wrote: Evening all.

Feeling a bit better had a big sleep. Pain still bothering me but off out to visit friends. A bit of distraction always helps.
    Missed you there, Mrs. A. Glad you're feeling better. I posted a bit earlier from something I found on the net about broken ribs...
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

stirly-girly;1288083 wrote: [COLOR=DarkOrchid]
      Did ya play Free Cell?
      Only 4388 times at the last count.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1288086 wrote: Now my stupid surge protector has crapped the bed!!! Sh*t. That just stinks.
        JackieClaire;1288094 wrote:
        Only 4388 times at the last count.
        :H:H Really, there are times when I practically have to slap myself with the fecking computer games. Free Cell, Tetris, Scruffs (it's a timed game where you search for items in a room) and Pinball. Younger son and I had an on-going Pinball competition on our computer years ago. When he was off to tutoring classes, I'd play and rack up a new score then he'd come back and better mine. Dawg, there were times when older son would ask me to get off the fecking computer so he could study. :H:H

Comment

One moment please while I give Whizzy this
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zennie-butt, I forgot to ask. Did you order any fennel seeds from that on-line place? I got some and found them bitter. I wondered if something was wrong with them. If they had gone bad or something. The taste really was a little "off" if you know what I mean.

Comment

Welllllllllll not quite that many but I was bog eyed when I left the place.

I've now got a crazy golf game I'm hooked on, but I'm a selfish auld cow bag and won't let on where it is until I'm perfect. Which at the rate I'm going should some time around the next millennium.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;1288083 wrote: Hiya Reccie!! What did you use to polish your car? Just a cloth or did you get ambitious and use something like this?...
                Mr. Stirly is not very well TBH. He was better yesterday. The antibiotics seem to have knocked the stuffing out of him. I am about the same, thank you. Luckily, no fever so far. But I do need to get a decent night's sleep tonight.
                Evening ladies

Sorry to hear about Mr stirly, stirly. Hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight. There seem to be a few in the army who're having sleep issues of one sort or another.

I used a Simoniz product to finish my car. I'm wondering if it would be worth asking my local garage to see if they can do something with the little bit of corrosion to try to stop it spreading, cos apart from that it's a very reliable car.

Comment

JackieClaire;1288101 wrote: One moment please while I give Whizzy this
                  Given that our whizzy has a cracked rib, she might not be entirely happy about being hugged by an elephant!

Ok.....I'll stop being silly!

Comment

It's a very gentle elephant. I used to see some of his friends a lot.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1288105 wrote: Welllllllllll not quite that many but I was bog eyed when I left the place.

I've now got a crazy golf game I'm hooked on, but I'm a selfish auld cow bag and won't let on where it is until I'm perfect. Which at the rate I'm going should some time around the next millennium.:H:H
                      Recluse;1288106 wrote: Evening ladies

Sorry to hear about Mr stirly, stirly. Hope you will be able to get some sleep tonight. There seem to be a few in the army who're having sleep issues of one sort or another.

I used a Simoniz product to finish my car. I'm wondering if it would be worth asking my local garage to see if they can do something with the little bit of corrosion to try to stop it spreading, cos apart from that it's a very reliable car.
                      Reccie, it was getting back at almost midnight and having to walk the dogger and not getting to bed until 1 a.m and then up at 6:30 that did me in. That and the fact that I was coughing for about two hours during the night and couldn't sleep. Finally did what my Dad used to do for us and put a cool wet cloth around my neck and after a while it worked. And yes, a lot of the Army folk seem to have sleep troubles lately. I think maybe the change of seasons and the clocks going forward has something to do with it.

Next time try a 3M product
                      . They're the best on the market, I kid you not. Well, they are but I'm just kidding you about using them. They are a wee bit pricey compared to other products because they are very high quality. Reccie, if the corrosion is on one of the wheel rims, why don't you just buy new rims? I think that would be a solution to the problem. And I just realized that my car will be 13 years old this year as well. We bought it slightly used at 4 years old. I can't believe I've had it for nine years. Mind you, I don't intend to trade it in never, ever. It will go to my grave with me. Ha! That would be something unique. I could be buried in my car instead of a casket. Not being morbid here but can you imagine a Greek Orthodox priest reciting the funeral rites over a crazy Canuck in a sports car instead of a coffin? :H:H

Comment

Zenstyle;1288122 wrote: Reccy... did you get into Words? I need to check in over there... And my car could use a polish when ya feel up to it!!! :H
                        Yep, I did zenny. When I tried last night there was a message saying they had a problem and this morning the message was gone and I was able to get in fine. I'll try and have my go soon, I've just lost a bit of momentum.

Comment

Recluse;1288110 wrote: Given that our whizzy has a cracked rib, she might not be entirely happy about being hugged by an elephant!

Ok.....I'll stop being silly!
                          :H:H:HI think that is very funny.

However, we would not want Mrs. A to be hugged by an elephant in this way...

Comment

I've got me daughter here so I'm doing the in and out thing.

Oh and there's footie on again tonight.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

stirly-girly;1288124 wrote: Reccie, if the corrosion is on one of the wheel rims, why don't you just buy new rims? I think that would be a solution to the problem.
                                Um, when I said wheel rims, I may have meant wheel arches...

And I just realized that my car will be 13 years old this year as well. We bought it slightly used at 4 years old. I can't believe I've had it for nine years. Mind you, I don't intend to trade it in never, ever. It will go to my grave with me. Ha! That would be something unique. I could be buried in my car instead of a casket. Not being morbid here but can you imagine a Greek Orthodox priest reciting the funeral rites over a crazy Canuck in a sports car instead of a coffin? :H:H
                                The Greek Orthodox priest might find your funeral a little, errr... unorthodox!

Comment

Working...
                                X