Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USING AND ABUSING YOU ALL .....

Hi All,

I'm going to use and abuse you all to get good advice for my upcoming holiday ....... if you don't mind of course .......

Anyway, we're off to Florida on the 20th february, staying on International Drive .... doing all the usual touristy stuff .....

We have been before and have found our favourite places, but as there are lots of you from Florida, do you have any tips for us ???? Where would the locals visit????

Thanks in anticipation guys ......
    sigpicXXX

Hi Paula~
    I just saw this post. I wish I had more tips for you, but I have only lived here a little over a year now two hours north of Disney, and have only been once! (Well, I did go about 10 years ago). We went on Halloween and it was a great time. We also stayed on International Drive, which is a busy strip. There are SO many restaurants to choose from, but your best bet is to ask the consierrge (sp?) at your hotel. Most of the lobbies and rooms have books as well with tons of listings of restaurants, their ratings and many have their menus included as well.

I enjoyed Epcott more than the Magic Kingdom, and so did our 8 y/o. They were doing the "Food and Wine" fest in October out around that huge lake in Epcott where you walk around and visit all the different countries and sample the food and wine.... hmmmm. It was wonderful. I had heard it was incredible, but I just couldnt imagine how much until I actually went. We were there only two days, so there is much we did not have time to do. I'm not sure what my kid's schedules will be like during that time, or if my husband will be travelling then, but if it works out, I'd love to drive down for a day and meet you! I know Beth and Preciouspinot both live here in Florida as well and I think have been here much longer if you wanted to PM them for better tips!

Good luck!
    Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thanks Allie,

I'll be in touch nearer the time ....

Take care xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
      X