April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks UW, I'm worried about your wrist. If you have rested it sufficiently, it shouldn't still be hurting. Maybe you should get checked out.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey all. Busy day today. Funny how late it gets suddenly. I look at the clock and suddenly it's bedtime. Before I would drink all evening. Now, I'm busy doing stuff and then suddenly realize it's getting late. Much better way to be.

Nursie - glad you're here.

UW - You better go get your wrist checked out. My wrist has done that a couple of times and it does hurt. But, it always has gotten better in a few days. Hope you feel better.

Mama - I had the wrong date for the concert. I'm still thinking of your outfit. Have you got it all ready?

Fly - you sure are sounding good! Great positive vibes here.

ML - Glad you got your ice-cream!

Alls - sorry that you were out of sorts last week too. Must have been something in the air for all of us. :H

Well - I've had a wonderful AF day. Here's to a lifetime of them.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nursie, thanks for that advice. I plan on making an appointment on Monday. The brace makes it feel better, but it still hurts.

Nora, I take it yours got better on its own?

Anyway, the joys of getting old, right?!!

Hope you guys have a wonderful day - can't do too much typing today.

:lilheart:

Comment

Welcome Nursie, how's the training for your race next month going? UN, hope your wrist is OK, aches and pains of getting older are no fun indeed.

I decided to go to my first AA meeting last night. Although is was a lot of what I expected everyone was very welcoming and I heard many stories that we can all probably relate to very well. I was glad I went, the whole experience was very reaffirming and I'll definitely be going again but maybe try other meetings and locations as you do UN. I feel like I'm about 75% past the corner and I'm going to do whatever it takes not to blow it this time. OK, off for a nice long run on this beautiful Sunday morning, take care everyone!!!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I have a found a Tuesday night meeting that is just women in my area. I think I am going to secretly spy on all the unknow alkies in my neighborhood!!
            Everyone sounds good except for that old lady with the sore wrist...what's her name??:H
            I have to work a half day today....and no, I don;t have my outfit picked out...it will probably be a last minute thing. I do have a pink sheer top that I may just wear over a black bra, but I am worried about my mufin top rolling over the top of my pants!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Lmao muffin top! You're so funny mama
              Alls, I'm training daily and my cardio is insane. I feel strong. And I'm not messing it up with drinking, so I can do more. I'm really excited!
              I'm glad to be back.
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning All.

Just checking in - sounds like everyone is doing great.

UW - my mom has Carpal Tunnel and has to wear a brace for typing etc, but she kind of did it to herself by using a chainsaw to clear 150 acres of land in Alaska when she was about 55 years old. LOL. That gives you an idea of my Mom! Even after all that her pain goes away if she wears the brace for a day or two - so I agree you should get it checked out.

Nora - sounds like you're really enjoying your AF life. That's so great!
                Alls - congratulations on going to AA. I'll get back there one of these days, too as a reinforcement.
                Nursie - your cardio plan sounds awesome. I've heard from many that Cardio is one of the number one ways to remain AF. In fact I think someone told me that a lot of people have quit AL with nothing else but turning to the gym on a regular basis and making that their new habit.
                MB - Muffin Top and pink sheer top! Too funny!!

Have a great AF day everyone.

Comment

Mama - Muffin Top :H:H You don't have a muffin top! You look great - I've seen pics.

UW - my wrist did get better on it's own. Hurt badly but suddenly was better. Very strange.

Alls - good that you had a good meeting. That's great. Some of the meetings I have been to were nice.

Nursie - great on your training. I'm so out of shape but I have started getting on my exercise bike again. Baby steps.

ML - How are you doing?
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

G'd evening, Aprillees!

Sounds like everyone is doing splendid
                    MamaB.. now we REALLY wanna see pictures! :H
                    Nursie.. Gawd, you put me to shame. Cardio is SO not my thing. Perhaps that explains the extra 20lbs I'm lugging around now.
                    Alls... great, that you went to a meeting! Unfortunately, I live in such a small place that there is only one meeting and well... everyone knows everyone's vehicle... and why that vehicle would be in that particular parking lot on such and such a day/time. Ya know? I'm a coward.
                    Unwasted, do have your wrist looked after, hon. Hope you feel better.

Whoops.. almost dark.. need to fetch horses. Good night!!!!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Awesome Aprilees!

UW - Sorry to hear about your wrist, what happened? I hope you get it checked out and that it's ok.

Oh Mama, I don't think you have a muffin top...but even if you do, just let it all hang out and have a good time! Are you going to tease your hair up real high and wear a scrunchie? What about leg warmers? Send us pictures please!

I had a good weekend, but I had drinking thoughts on Saturday AND Sunday Thanks to AB I am unable to act on them, but I hate having them nonetheless. My daughter and I went to lunch yesterday and had a nice talk. She told me she's worried that IF she ever drinks she won't be able to stop (like me), then she wanted to know why her grandparents (my parents) can stop at one drink. I told her I don't know the exact answer, but some people have a problem stopping, and some people don't. She has her 3rd counseling session tonight, and she says she really likes it. Things on that front are much better and I am glad!

I was so lazy this weekend, I'm eventually going to have to get up and get some housework done, and maybe mow the jungle in my backyard. LOL I was too busy reading some good books to be bothered with boring stuff like chores!

Tomorrow night I am starting my DVD 30 Day Shred...time to get rid of MY muffin top! LOL

Hope you all have a great day!!!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Still two finger typing here today and trying to rest my wrist.....K9, think I hurt it carrying something heavy.......or it's from repitition on the keyboard....not sure which.

Just wanted to send everyone a cyber hug and say that I'm doing great with my AFness......every now and then I get a twinge......like......isn't it strange not being able to drink.....but it passes. Feeling really wonderful overall.

K9, I think it's great that you're having open dicussions about alcohol with your daughter. I so wish someone had educated me on the subject. Now if she ever gets in a precarious position with alcohol she'll have some tools and information from which to draw. Most of us here just barrelled in not knowing what we might be doing to ourselves long term.

Best to everyone on the thread. Hope you're all well.:l

Comment

Unwasted, this is a wonderful thread! So glad it's going well and helping so many others. I really applaud you all for this effort, and the lives you are helping. BRAVO!
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

UW - I hope your wrist gets better soon! My desk at work is so ergonomically INCORRECT that my body is constantly aching. My old company never would have stood for this, but the government doesn't seem to care. LOL

I posted in the Nest that I has some serious thoughts of drinking this weekend...even went so far as to drive by my old "spot"...I asked my daughter if she wanted to run in and get anything, and energy drink or something, and she goes "We don't need to go in there Mom"....*sigh*...she saved me again. LOL
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I know what you mean K9, I had some pretty clingy thoughts over the weekend also. I've been busy with work for the past several months and now everything is done and I have free time and those damn thoughts started coming back. Time to get busy on something else I guess.
                              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello Aprils.

I had a great sleep last night and felt great this morning. However, I also had drinking thoughts all weekend. Mine were really strong and I know if it wasn't for the AB I would have given in to them. I chalked it up to drinking last weekend and now I'm back at square one with the cravings I guess. Anyway, just one step at a time for me.

Alls, I can relate to busy-ness being a good distraction. In fact I was thinking this evening on my walk that I really need to find something that I just LOVE doing - more than drinking - as a substitute. I really think that will be key to making this work long term for me. So, I'm thinking about it ...

K9 - I agree with UW it's so great you talked to your daughter and that she's so aware of the problems drinking can involve. Although I knew my Dad was an alcoholic he didn't raise me so I was never exposed to it. (My mom divorced him when I was very young due to the drinking). And no one ever talked to my sisters and I about it.

Hope you all had a great Monday. I'm still hitting the ice cream pretty hard and need to lay off! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X