April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UW - I totally babied my wrist when it was hurting. Hope that you are too.

Wow - Seems like several of us had stinkin' drinkin' thoughts this weekend. I still had AB in my system so luckily it wasn't an option. I haven't taken it for several days so I am going to have to be on my guard. My appointment with the gastrointestinal dr is on Wed and my appointment with the psychiatrist is on Thursday. I am sure that the gastro dr is going to do some tests on me and I want to be sure the AB is out of my system. I read somewhere that you should stop it a couple weeks before surgery. I will verify with him on Wed and see if it's ok to start back on it. Actually have been doing better and didn't have that many crazy thoughts so I just need to keep this mindset and I'll be fine.

Bed time for me so you all take care & I'll catch you tomorrow.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, hope all goes OK with the Drs, glad your mindset is where it needs to be.
      ML, I too have been thinking about finding something different to fill in the voids. My work has been totally consuming for the past couple of months and now that things have gone back to a reasonable number of hours a week I have free time in the evenings and weekends I was normally working. I've been thinking about doing some volunteer work and picking up my guitars again, I've played all my life and started in flamenco classical a couple of years back then kind of dropped it.
      I think MamaB's Van Halen show was last night, be interested to find out how it went. Good Tuesday to all who stop by today!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hey Ruby - thanks for stopping by........this is a great thread. Hope you'll come here more often!!

Nora, are you having stomach surgery of some kind? I think it's smart to get off all meds before. I know aspirin is a big no-no for a long time prior (maybe 2 weeks).

To everyone here who is struggling.....all I can say is that for me sobriety has been so much better than drinking. I still have problems and am working through some anger and resentment for past things, but I haven't been tempted to drink. I just know that the first drink is an absolute NO for me. I also firmly believe that each quit gets harder and I don't want to start over. Besides, the more time that passes....I realize that I'm fundamentally happier this way, honestly! It doesn't mean occasional wistful feelings about alcohol don't creep in, but they don't last long and I finally think the logical conclusion out to the very end.........the hangovers, etc. etc. Such misery.

I have to say that the meetings are helping me. I get past the god thing with a higher power concept of something greater than myself and go from there. The support and feeling connected to other people is imperative for me. There are moments it doesn't feel great.......there are people I don't strongly identify with.....but despite it all, there's just something invaluable about it. And, conversely, there are people more like me and I feel a strong connection with them. In fact I'm having lunch and going to a meeting with two other women today and hoping that becomes a good support group.

Ordered a book to help with my wrist........thought I'd try that before the doc....it's feeling a little better now. Fingers crossed that it heals on its own and with some stretching exercises. I've been researching it and it seems there are good things I can try.

Mama, anxious to hear about the concert!

Hope everyone has a super day. Big hugs to all :l

Comment

UW I have carpal tunnel compression on my left wrist and other issues with it too. I used a product called The Carpal Tunnel Solution and it helped. I hope you find some relief.

Today is day 60 for me. Tomorrow will be 61 days and 2 months. I love my new life!

Comment

Hello Aprilees!

I hope you're all well today. My daughter had her 3rd counseling session last night and she said it went really well. I don't pry into what was said, I figure she'll tell me if she wants to. Anyway, she's been very happy lately, and I'm so glad we were able to find her a good person to talk to. We grabbed dinner before her appointment, then went to a couple of stores afterwards, she needed some shorts for dance class, and then I got some groceries, so we didn't get home until almost 8pm. That really throws me off my schedule...I feel like an old lady so set in my ways. LOL

Tonight I plan on cooking dinner for the first time in a few weeks (I've been slacking), and while it's in the oven I am going to do my DVD workout. I am committing myself to the 30 days....I do skip Thursdays though because I just can't fit it in on a church night. So I hope to report a month from now that I am bikini-ready. LOL NOT! hehe

I hope Mama had a great time at her concert last night...we need to see those pictures Mama! My daughter wants to go to a concert in August of 2013...apparently her friends all have tickets already...I asked her if the band will even still be popular 16 months from now??? Oh teenagers. LOL

Well, I better get to work, I hope you all have a splendid day

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am here.....it took me two hours to wash all the rave Megahold #4 out of my hair......
              I HAD A SOBER BLAST..... I danced like a lunatic all night while my hubs just stared in me in disbelief.....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Comment

Yay Mama's home! Way to go on staying sober! Sounds like you had a great time dancing like crazy! I'm glad you got your hair toned down, but I really want to see it!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

that IS my big hair girl!!!:H
                    I usually blow it flat...

Comment

Mama Bear - by day and by night .............Mama, what a feat to go to a concert sober..........you rock! Seriously, you should be proud!!

FA - thanks for the tip on CT.........I've ordered a book already but will keep yours for future reference.

K9, so glad you're daughter is still getting something from her counseling.

Still being kind to my wrist gang, so signing off. Stay strong everyone.

ML and Noral - hope you're doing well.

:l:l:l

Comment

Hello Guys!

Just checking in - traveling for work again. I'm now sitting in the hotel room sipping Perrier.

MB - Looks like you had a great time! I miss those days of big hair!! Congratulations on going sober.
                        UW - glad your wrist is feeling better. Probably rest is the best cure for that.
                        FA - congratulations on your 60 Days!!!
                        K9 - Glad to hear your daughter is responding so positively and kudos to you for getting back to the 30-day shred!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Comment

mama bear;1298643 wrote:
                          I love it! :H I'm so glad that you had a great time! Who needs alcohol to have fun?

Comment

What!? NO pink lacey thingie?! :H

Whoohoo MB.. you rock, girl!
                            Unwasted, I totally relate to your post. I also still have lots of issues to work through but I just cannot see myself back in that haze I called my life.
                            K9... wonderful news on your daughter :l

All you hurting, I'm sending healing vibes... be good to yourselves and take it easy. (Right. That's coming from Mrs. 'Oh just one more shovel, my back is already screwed up') :H
                            Mylife.. safe travels, and a wonderful evening to the rest of yis!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

my thoughts exactly Fly!!! Honestly - it really struck me that I am such a goon naturally and that I should enjoy being high on life.....I am not always that way but seeing Eddie Van Halen and that adorable crooked grin made me happy.
                              Un- I have just gotten home from the sweetest AA meeting....all women....I think I may have found a home......Van Halen to AA....quite a week, huh?
                              K9 - I am happy your baby is happy.....that always make life sweeter doesn't it....
                              off to heat up some dinner and flop....in my new VH tee shirt!
                              xoxoxo
                              Mama

Comment

Sunni-
                                hubs FORBADE me to wear my sexy pink thingy.....to me my muffin top just means there is more to love, right??:H:H

post x babe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X