April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama and Rainyday, thanks for the CT hints.......I actually am having no pain right now. I've backed way off using my right hand. I really think it must have been from lifting rather than using the mouse........but we'll see. Really appreciate the feedback.

ML - a garage sale - yikes. Good luck on that. Do you plan to take the AB on vacation? Just curious.

WW good to know you're still with us! How cool to work in a vineyard (except if you're tempted being around the vino). I think you said that wasn't an issue for you and that a lot of people you work with have backed off of drinking for obvious reasons. I think working outside would be wonderful in your climate.

K9, sorry you're boxed in your cubicle......oh well, the upside is that you get to check in with us! No plans for me this weekend.......usual errand-running type stuff.

Stay strong everyone - Nora, MamaBear and anyone else stopping by ...........

Comment

Hello again Aprils,

WW and Sunshine GG - everytime I read your posts I have this urge to quit the city life and go live on a farm. I think it sounds great. LOL. And you know what - I would think that working the vinyards all day would probably make me not want to drink the wine - maybe??? I just remember I worked in a bakery in college and I couldn't stand baked goods for years after that LOL. I guess it's wishful thinking it would be the same with making wine...

UW - yes I'm planning to take the AB on vacation. That's how I know I will NOT be having any little rum drinks with umbrellas in them!

It looks like the garage sale might get rained out tomorrow. Oh darn.

Hope you all have a wonderful AF Friday evening.

Comment

By the way Aprils - has any of you heard of Qnexa? (sp?) It's a new diet pill I heard about on Dr. Oz last night that the FDA is on the verge of approving.

What I found interesting is that it's a combination of Phentermine and Topimirate. Apparently low doses of both. I don't know how many of you have read the MWO book - but Roberta Jewel based her recovery on Topimirate. Anyway, I thought it was interesting as they felt the pill targeted cravings along with appetite suppression. Obviously the cravings part is the Topimirate. I looked around on the meds section but didn't see anyone discussing it yet....

Comment

mylife...it's also called topamax or topa and it's all over the meds section honey
          day off so must clean and wash and cut grass,etc....bacinabit!!
          I can't farm or type!!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Wow, this thread has added many, many pages. That's great to see. I hope everyone is well.
            It seems like the thread started yesterday, and here it is almost May!

I'm out of commission with minor injuries, which makes using a mouse and keyboard like bowling while wearing mittens. I learned that I spend way too much time online! The frustration led me to an idea. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to get online once in the morning, for no more than half an hour, and then I am leaving it alone for the rest of the day. Wish me luck.

Keep up the good fight, folks. A life free of alcohol is worth it. Have a good Saturday.
            Ginger

You are here:
            sigpic

Comment

I have an announcement to make everyone.................TODAY IS MY 11TH MONTH AF ANNIVERSARY!
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

YOU ROCK DRIFTY!!

Comment

Way to go Drifty!!!:goodjob::goodjob: Keep showing us how it's done.

Well - I decided to have a binge the other night. It wasn't a slip. It was deliberate. I stopped it after one night. Which is the first time that I have done that. I normally would have continued drinking for a week or more. (Meaning that I would drink in the evening, get up go to work the next day, drink the next night or within a day or 2 and repeat) I realized that I am enjoying my AF life and didn't want to be drunk all the time. So, I do feel positive.

Ginger, I'm sorry you're hurt!

UW - glad that you are getting some better.

Got to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Alison, so happy for you. I posted on the other thread that I hear year two is a big leap forward in the sobriety world. I hope that's true for you even though you're doing great as it is! Maybe life just keeps getting better (fingers crossed). Well done girl!

ML, it's interesting how they use different meds for different things......like antiDs for sleep issues.......doesn't surprise me that an anti-craving med will be part of a diet pill. I've heard babies are addicted to a mother's milk by evolutionary design.......that it has to crave as an instinctive behavior in order to survive. Sounds logical.....so craving keeps us alive but as with most things.......there is a potential flip side........we can crave food too much, alcohol too much............etc.

Oh, and ML, I live in the country and can't recommend it highly enough. I can only take about one afternoon a week in the city.......we drive about 45 mins to "shop" and go out to dinner. Other than that I am absolutely hooked in the serenity of where I live.

Ginger, I'm addicted to the internet.....and have a little wrist thing going on. So I'm having to make myself stay away too........Glad to hear you're doing well aside from some aches and pains -- hope it's nothing too serious..

Off to run errands and have pizza out today.......this new restaurant has a pizza oven imported from Italy that bakes pizzas in 90 seconds at 800 degrees....supposed to be fabulous.

Sun, Mama WW, Alls, RD, and anyone else dropping in today......wishing everyone well. :lilheart:

UN

Comment

Hello All,

Hope you're having a good AF Saturday! I got up and went to a spinning class this morning - hopefully it will put me back in the "habit" of exercising.

I don't know how many of you read Bestlife's 4-year sobriety post - but she said something about crediting Lenair with her sobriety and it intrigued me. I had seen someone post about Lenair awhile back but didn't hear much more about it.

Drifty - CONGRATULATIONS!! You are amazing! I have never heard you complain or wish for a drink since I've been here. What an inspiration.

MB - yes I know Topimirate is known by the brand name Topamax. I just thought it was interesting that a new diet pill is using Topimirate - to my knowledge this hasn't been done before. The whole physiology of craving is very interesting to me.

UW - I am sure you are right - we are genetically wired to need cravings in order to survive. And as for the country - my hubs and I have picked out where we want to retire and it is a much smaller place with a slower pace of life and on the beach. I can't wait - but it's still a few years off!

Ginger - I actually have to force myself to get on the internet after the week is done. I am on the computer so much for work I can't imagine what I would do if I got carpal tunnel or something and couldn't use it! Maybe I'd have to retire early. But I'm all for toning down the internet use!

Nora - unfortunately I can relate - but I'm trying to move beyond ever wanting a drink again. Sending you strength as well.

Have a fantastic AF Saturday all!

Comment

ML - never heard of Lenair. Off to google it. Have a great day!!!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

if my bloodwork comes back ok my doc is putting me on Campral.....
                          I will google lenair too

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Back from my trip one day early. Had some really good long runs on a trail called the Tow Path along the Cuyahoga River and spent part of a day in Middlefield, Ohio. Middlefield has a large Amish community which I find fascinating, a complete step back in time. It was my first ever road trip AF and I was able to do everything I planned which never happened when alcohol was present. To everyone planning trips soon traveling sober is absolutely the best! Congratulations Drifty on 11 months, that's huge!!!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Welcome back Alls. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. You're right - never do all I want if I'm drinking.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just in case you guys missed it.........Mom of 3's post about her life without alcohol as of 4 years sober is amazing. Well worth clicking here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1301656

My Life, here is a link to Best Life's post......I don't see anything about Lenair - am I just missing it?

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ere-63055.html

Nora, I'm sorry you drank........it's terrible to be doing something that sucks. My life is getting so much better -- I don't ever want to go back to drinking. But it does sound like you're making some progress.:l Have you found out anything about your stomach problem?

Catch up with everyone tomorrow............:lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X