April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB, hope the trip doesn't involve a bunch of long, boring seminars - I've been going to those for 18 years and still can't stand them. Lenair looks interesting but how does it work in two days? The only way, as I see it, anyone has a chance of long term success is when their thinking about alcohol changes and that can only come with lots of AF time imho. Easy day today and playing a bit of golf tomorrow which I haven't done in forever. Life is good!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Mama - did you swallow your AB? Not going to help you if it's sitting in your bag. :h
      (I learned that lesson all by myself :H)
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, it is so nice to have productive and constructive weekends, instead of hangovers and blackouts. It was 90 here and the first heat would have been miserable with a hangover, instead I worked up a good natural sweat, ate well and slept great. Hope everyone had a good AF weekend too, with a clear head there really are much more enjoyable, funny, ways to spend our time.

Thanks WW
        100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Good morning all.

It's great to be here and well rested with no hangover!

MB - good luck with your business trip. And like Nora said - take those AB out of your bag and pop one while you're gone.

Alls - I know Lenair sounds surreal and quite expensive. I think I'm going to see if I can make it 6 months on my own and if I'm not successful use that as an alternative.

Drifty - sounds like you had a nice AF Sunday.

WW - I assume you're out on a vinyard (I think I read that awhile back?) Can you come up with a really good AF wine? LOL. I haven't found any that I like - well I haven't really tried a lot - but I would really like it if they could come up with something that tasted like wine without the AL.! Is it possible?

Hope everyone has a great AF Monday.

Comment

Mylife, I have never tasted any AF wines, but I heard Ariel makes some good ones, Sutter Home also makes them.

WW
            100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Nora...not only do I swallow them...I use them in a suppository fashion as well!!:H:H
              Off I go...I will check in late Wed
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, that's hilarious - have a good trip. Be safe.

Quick fly by for me today. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. ML, it's been a while since I've tried any AF wine but if I run across a good one I'll let you know. The AF beers are quite respectable........St. Pauli Girl and O'Doul's (sp?).

Not much new in my world......having fun planning for my vacation along the coast of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts area.

Take care everyone :lilheart:

xx,
                UN

Comment

Hi Everyone!

UW - Your description of that food made my tummy growl! Yummm...pizza, and the salad sounded amazing too!! I've noticed now that I'm AF I enjoy food more also, I used to just eat whatever around 10pm to soak up all the beer, and I never tasted it.

Mama - Good luck on your trip, you'll be fine as long as you have your AB and some good books. That's how I have managed so far...AB and books. LOL

Drifty - A huge congratulations on your 11 months! You are such an awesome part of MWO, and I agree, I never hear you complain or say anything negative. You're an inspiration to so many of us!!

I had a boring weekend, just the way I like it. Thrift store shopping, reading and some very light housework (and I mean very...lol). My poor girl got sick yesterday, she was supposed to go to the Fair, but she felt too bad, she ended up sleeping all day. She's better today, but I told her to take it easy. I think she's SO busy that her body is just TIRED...time to slow down a bit.

Nora - What happened the other day? I thought you were on AB? Just being nosey...

Alls, Mylife, WW and everyone else that drops by, have a wonderful Monday! I'll check back in later!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 - I had stopped the AB because I was going to see a Gastroenterologist. I knew I would be having tests and wasn't sure I could continue taking the AB. So - Went for my appointment & he said that I could continue taking it. But, it was already out of my system so I talked myself into drinking. Luckily, I went right back onto the AB after one night. Same old story. Just like I posted on another thread once. Sometimes it?s just not easy to swallow that little white pill.
                    I am going to stop it again a week before my procedures so I need to know that and be strong. Of course, after prepping for the endoscopy and colonoscopy, drinking won?t be in my mind. :H
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi again all.

:H MB - Suppository AB! :H I got a good chuckle out of that one!

Nora - I'm being extra careful with the AB now. Even if I have a little in my system I know I won't drink, so I'm making sure that I never go more than a week without.

UW - I'm excited about my vacation too. Just 4 more days and I'm off. I have already packed my AB - so this will be my first big vacation without AL. I did go camping last year without it but that was a little different. !! Although I did notice SO many campers with a bottle of wine out by the fire each night. (sigh)

K9 - I am with you on the books. I think it's my new addiction - reading. I just can't seem to read enough. I have 2-3 books going at once LOL. I'm on a first name basis with the librarians at my local branch! I downloaded a bunch into my Kindle to take on my trip with me.

WW - thanks I have heard about Ariel. I haven't come accross it here though. I do like St. Pauli's NA beer. It will have to do for now.

Comment

I'm outta here,......AB and books packed
                        will check in late Wed or Thursday!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

K9, I like boring these days too.........so peaceful. Good photo by the way!!

ML - exciting about your vacation being just around the corner. How long will you be gone? Mine toward the end of May will be my first ever also (although I think your camping trip definitely still counts.......maybe not quite as tempting but still).....

Mama, we'll be thinking about you and sending you good vibes.

Nora, funny how the thought of that little tube can take our minds off AL. And, of course, the prepping before hand is such a joy.:H

Alls, WW, Alison, and anyone else stopping by today........:l:l

xx,
                          UN

Comment

Hi April-ees!

The boards seems quiet today! Where is everyone?? I know Mama is on her trip and I'm sending positive strong vibes her way (Go Mama!).

Not much to report today...just trying to get some work done, but I wanted to check in on my peeps. I hope you're all well and I'll stop back in later!

K9

Comment

I had my final in Vehicle Safety and Operations and I got 100%! Grateful to be af and hangover free.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Way to go Alison!

I forgot to report that a week ago I officially became a Notary! Had to pass a background check and everything (DUI's....)

Go us! We're sober and doin' it!

Comment

Working...
                                X