X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Hello Gang!

Busy day for me but checking in!

Good job Alison on your 100% And K9 - now a notary!! I work in an airport environment and have to undergo 10 year background checks on a regular basis. I'm always thankful that nothing ever happened to hurt me in that area!!

I got up early this morning and did a 5k power walk before work. I love having hangover free mornings where that's just something fun to do instead of an impossibility! I listened to some Wayne Dyer - Dao Wisdom and just enjoyed my morning.

Have a great AF day all.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Not much new in my world.........just planning for my trip and enjoying the spring weather.

K9, congrats on 120 days! How bout that girlie girl?!!!

ML, sounds like you're doing well too.....

Alison, nice job on the test! I shudder to think of how many work things I struggled through hung over.

Kudos to everyone...........:lilheart:

xx,
      UN

Comment

Congratulations on your test Alison.
        ML, isn't getting a workout first thing in the morning the best? It just sets a great tone for the rest of the day.
        K9, I've been a notary for about 15 years now and was surprised there was an entire industry that exists for mobile notaries as a part time independent contractor. I would basically take some loan documents to a borrower's house and notarize them as they sign off then overnight them back to the title company and would get $75-$90 for it. I don't do much of it anymore but still do a few for the really good companies, I can fill you in if you're interested.

Take care all, have a great night!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yeah it sure is nice to not be hungover.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Happy Wednesday My Peeps!

Not much to report here...still happily sober! I've been working out and watching my calorie intake...if I stick to my "plan" I should see some big results by mid-June. Fingers crossed on that one, my co-worker just offered me a cookie. LOL

It's rainy here today and I'd love to be at home reading a good book, but alas, there are bills to pay. HEHE Today is Secretaries Day, and I am technically a secretary, so we'll see if any of the bosses remember (I don't have high hopes).

This thread has been quiet lately, I hope everyone is doing well. I think Mama should be back soon. I hope to hear from you all, UW, Sunni, Drifty, WW, Alls, ML, and everyone else that stops by.

Have a great day!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am going to be good to myself by eating healthy and not drinking alcohol!

Comment

K9, I'm still here but typing less because my wrist goes from feeling fine one day to hurting the next. It's better overall but whatever it is isn't going away. I'm actually in the process right now of making an appointment.......

You know, we're nearing the end of the month. What does everyone think about dissolving this thread? Not too many people post here and we could post on the Daily or Monthly AB threads. I also post in other places - mostly welcoming new people but in the Newbie's Nest now and then.

Lots of people have fallen off or don't come by often. What do you guys think? It seems like it's me, My Life, K9, MB, Nora, Alls, and periodically WW, Ginger (not often) and Alison.........are 5 posters enough or should we disperse to other threads. I'd be happy to catch up with all of you on other threads.......just whatever you all think.

I'm not sure what the doctor will tell me but it could be that I really need to lay off the typing to see exactly how much that helps. And, I'll be on vacation 1/4 of next month...

:lilheart:

Comment

Hello Guys!

I'm here - I'm going to be posting less frequently over the next several weeks as I go on vacation and I'll be slammed at work when I get back! It's okay, it's worth it. Anyway, so I'm fine to disperse and head on to other threads. I posted in monthly abs for awhile too and have just cut down on places I post already due to time constraints...

K9 & Alls - when we had the real estate boom my hubby also did that traveling Notary thing and worked for several banks in the area. So, it's a good thing to have and you can earn some extra cash!

Hope you all have a fantastic AF Weds!

Comment

Hey Everyone,

With the small threads everyone's input means a little more but the larger threads always have more going on so I'll go with the flow. In less than 2 weeks I'll be moving into uncharted territory (4 months AF) and one of the things that has helped get me this far is reading and posting. If it's here or somewhere else I'll be there keeping up with all of you! UN, I do hope a little rest is all your wrist needs - hopefully a nice East Coast vacation will deliver just that!!!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't been posting much, been working 12 to 14 hours a day. Springtime in farming we have to push hard, harvest time is even worse. Thanks to all of you and shear determination I'm coming up on 4 months AF. Sounds like everyone is doing well, if the group wants to jump to another thread, I'll be following.

Take Care My Friends WW
                      100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

I am home and tired, but still AF!!!
                        have not read back...really discouraged by the vicious attacks on people I car eabout in other threads....we are to be to help each other.....not tear them down and act like catty 4th graders..
                        enough venting
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Research Queen - so sorry I missed your post earlier. Wishing you luck on finishing up April sober and healthy.

Alls, you're right - the other threads can be kind of overwhelming with activity and hard to keep up with everyone, like in the Nest. I do like it here because I can read everyone's posts and respond. And, all of us here have a bit of time under our belts. I think many of us are at about similar amounts of time.

Mama Bear - how absolutely fantastic that you made it AF on your trip. That's really commendable. Rest up and let us know the ins and outs of how it went. BTW, I haven't read the threads to which you're referring. It seems, though, that the tension between tough love versus never-ending support has been a constant here at MWO. I've always felt that if someone is really trying and wants to be here that they should get support. And if they didn't want to get sober, I don't think they'd be here -- or they would post on the mods thread......

WW, so glad to hear that you're still doing well. Do keep us posted because we worry when you're gone!!

K9, let us know what you think about continuing the thread or not. You post in a lot of different places, so do you also want to keep posting with the group of people here, or do you think it makes sense to move into the daily abs threads?

I'm open, guys..........if you all think this thread has been beneficial (although slow sometimes), we can sure keep it going........if not, that's okay too.

xx,
                          UN :lilheart:

Comment

I LOVE this thread!!
                            we can be May Mad Hares!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama's home...yay! Glad your trip went well. What's going on in other threads? I haven't seen it either...

UW, I like this thread too, it's smaller than the Nest and sometimes I tell "you guys" stuff I don't announce in the Nest. LOL I say lets keep it, and keep it going from month to month!

So busy at work today...tired, but the day is flying by!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

OK, sounds like we should keep it going. Let's start thinking of names. I did this one (actually based on Tipps, but she never joined us.......). Hope she's doing ok.

xx,
                                UN

Comment

Working...
                                X