Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Hello everyone,

I read this thread ALL the time!!!! I don't often post but I gotta say, my most fav people are on this thread and one other. I can't keep up if I'm on too many, my memory ain't what it used to be, neither is my bladder!!

So, this thread and the Underoos are my life lines and I hope you keep this one going. If you need a commitment from others to keep it 'alive' you can count me in.....and I'll TRY to be good and post a little more. I spy a lot but in a nice, friendly, caring way.....LOL.

Have a beautiful day and it is good to have mama back!

Hugs to EVERYONE, Nicey.
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

There's some pretty vicious stuff on the journey thread. This is a really nice, enjoyable thread where we all are here to help each other. I think it's great we keep it going especially since May is going to have a few milestones!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I agree Allswell....hopefully the viciousness has stopped......
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nicelife, thanks for letting us know.....and do post when you have time. It's a great group. Everyone is supportive and I'm glad we've decided to keep it going. I don't want to lose track of anyone.......

My Life, just post when you can......hope you have a great vacation. We'll miss you.

Alls, I agree. Thanks.

WW, wow, those are long days. Take care of yourself.

OK guys.........names for May???? Mama posted one -- I'll try to think of some and post them soon. Please everyone add what they want or say if you want one that's been suggested, and then we can pick one.

xx,
          UN :lilheart:

Comment

Marvelous May??
            Mayflowers??
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What about ??

MAY this be our best month.....
              Mother Theresa

Comment

A bit late in the month but better late than never, eh?

I'm a wobbly on day 31 as I may be breaking up with my bf so my affirmation is not to drink today but rather to spend my time in the garden. I even started a thread: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...ml#post1304686

Anyway, I think I cross addicted from drinking to thread writing but this looks like a good one to be addicted to I'm a bit of a private person but as a writer somehow its easier to express myself in writing. And discovering this host of like-minded individuals have been and incredible part of my journey.

Give me hugs not drugs
                Give me pine/twine/ not wine

Hmmm, still working on the second one.

Have a fab day people!:h

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Dizzybee, gardening has to be a great substitute for drinking - and you actually have something to show for your time and energy. I have a nice half work day today and hopefully no rain this afternoon. Going to go out and get some sun! Hi Nicelife! I hope everyone has a great positive day!!!
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

So good to see you here Dizzy and and Nicelife. NL, I remember your post so well about having been sober a long time and then trying to moderate. I'm forever thankful for your input here because you've walked that road and reminded us of how moderation is a myth. And, you gave up your long time sobriety to find that out. Thanks for joining us on this thread and in the month of May.

Dizzy, my husband has a big garden and I'll be reading your thread. Thanks for the link. I can also relate to your cross-addiction on MWO. :H It's a good one though. Posting helps us clarify our thinking and usually helps others maintain their sobriety, so it's a win-win!:l

Alls, enjoy your day in the sun!!

I go to the dentist today (ugh - hate it) and then the hand doctor on Monday. I'll at least learn what's going on with my wrist........

OK, here are the thread name suggestions so far (thanks everyone for getting this started and please add more suggestions or "vote" for one you want):

MAY This Be Our Best Month
                    Mad MAY Hares
                    MAY Wildflowers
                    Marvelous MAY
                    MAY We Be Sober in MAY
                    Minds Made Up For A Sober MAY - Abstinence Support Thread

I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone..........SOBER IS SO MUCH BETTER!!:l:l

Comment

Hi All!

Just checking in...not much to report today. Still rainy here and I think I'm ready for the sun. I normally love the rain, but I DON'T love the way the dogs refuse to get their feet wet. I'm tired of cleaning up after them!!

UW, I hope the dentist goes ok today, I hate going...not because of the actual work, but the bill! Ugh. I hope you can figure out what's wrong with your wrist too! My boss broke her finger yesterday doing an exercise Boot Camp. I think working out is dangerous. LOL

I'm blanking on good names for May...um, how about: Marching Thru MAY!, Mighty MAY, MAYking It Sober...I don't know, I'm out of ideas. LOL

Hope you all have a great day! I'll check back in later.

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks, K9........actually I think working out can be dangerous I'm a chicken now and don't do things that could result in damage when I can help it.......walking is pretty safe most of the time (and I would have thought typing was safe until I got carpal tunnel.......or whatever....).:H

OK, here's the list so far:

MAY This Be Our Best Month
                        Mad MAY Hares
                        MAY Wildflowers
                        Marvelous MAY
                        MAY We Be Sober in MAY
                        Minds Made Up For A Sober MAY
                        Marching Thru MAY
                        Mighty MAY
                        MAYking It Sober
                        Meetup for a Sober May

Comment

Hi Everyone, UW your real close to that 6 month goal yea! don't slip up now I'm not far behind you. I hope we keep this thread going, it's a comfortable place. Catching up on some paper work and rest today, it rained last night and no field work today. Hafta go to wedding Saturday, quite confident in not drinking (even though I made the wine for the occasion). Just tell everyone I have to much to do and I don't care to drink today. I think I'll go take a nap, always wake up at 4 am.

Take Care Everyone WW
                          100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Thanks Allswell and Unwasted. God knows I need to stay busy this weekend. Its weekend from now until the end of Tuesday and I'm having some really bad relationship issues to the point of not knowing if we have broken up or not as we're both too stubborn to hash this out so not in the best space of mind.

But hey "April Showers bring May flowers" :eeew:

Comment

Hello Guys!

I'm so happy to come here and read - I think it's a good idea to keep up our little thread. Even if it is little - I agree with some others that the big busy threads are just hard to keep up with and here I actually have time to read everyone's posts when I do make it here!

Nicelife - I'm glad to know you read and will post here. I have your 6 years sober story in my bookmarks. I try to keep a catalog of all long term sobriety peeps so I will know what to expect along the way and avoid pitfalls. I create enough of my own - so hopefully I can avoid some of them!! LOL.

WW - I'm sure those long days of farming have to be exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Hopefully the sheer exhaustion will keep the AL thoughts at bay as well! Congratulations on getting to 4 months!!

UW - I like all the names - what about Mighty May? I also liked MAYking it sober. :H

Dizzy - I have had some relationship issues along the way with my sobriety journey as well - hang in there. All I know is I don't want AL to add to any problems my marriage might have.

Alls and Mama - nice to hear from you guys! I also agree I like the support on this thread. I have heard from others who are pretty critical of people who are struggling and I don't care for that. We're here to help each other not criticize or judge IMHO. I just try to avoid those posts when I see them.

K9 - You're so positive and upbeat these days! Even with the rainy weather LOL! I love rain - and wish we had some more here. But I do remember our dog (and he was a big dog) used to drive me crazy when it rained refusing to put his precious paws on the wet grass!! Argh!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF day.

Comment

The sun is peeping through here in OZ.....

Happy Friday all, I hope your day brings you only good things!!!!!

Love the thread names suggestions UN.

WW so glad you are doing well! I remember my first sober wedding in years, it was fun and I even danced! You'll be pretty chuffed when you wake up on Sunday feeling fine, knowing others won't be.

Hugs, Nicey.
                                Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                                X