April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention that i had a dream I drank last night! I was overseas on holiday and figured I just wouldn't tell anyone here I'd done it but all I could think about, after the deed was done, was that Nelz would certainly find out and I was devastated! He will have 12 months up in just a few days!!!!

Yep, no matter what the situ, we always pay a price for things we choose to do. We as the human race seem to want it all and for some of us it just can't be. Not that drinking was ever something that truly gave me anything in return...... So, Mylife I did pay the price and surrended my years of sobriety but I do view it now as a price worth it. I know the price forever, no doubt and that is a good thing! I really am stunned at the response I got from that post. glad though it helped some!

Right, now into the shower and off to wrestle the troops!

Nicey
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

Dizzy, I'm sorry you're going through it with a possible breakup. That's always hard no matter what the situation. Just remember that drinking won't make anything better. I know you already know that. We're here if you need to hash anything out.

WW, so great that you're confident about not drinking at the wedding. I would guess that your long hours are always the perfect excuse not to drink! Really happy that you're hanging tough. And, yes, I'm coming up on 6 months - can't believe it. Let's both hang in there and not let our reptilian brains have their way with us. :H I can't even imagine how great it will feel to be able to say a year.

Nicelife, isn't that amazing that you thought of Nelz, your inspiration from MWO, in your dream?!! Wow, that's really saying something (huge testament to the importance of accountability and the support we get here). You're working through all that "stuff" I guess....they say dreams are where we work out unresolved issues.

ML, are you getting pumped? You leave in a day or so?! How long is your trip? Hope you have a super time.

Gotta run.......have a great day/evening everyone...........BTW, I vote for MAYking it Sober for the next thread name........great suggestion Niner.

xx,
      UN :lilheart:

Comment

How about "MAYkin' It Sober"....looks a bit more hip. LOL Although I've been told (by guess who...yep the 14 year old) that I shouldn't try to be cool or hip. Well okay then. I'll work on being stuffy and boring. HEHE

NOT! :H
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Oh, I think you've got it there old lady. So, your daughter doesn't have to know we're gonna be hip on our next alkie "gang" thread........:H No tagging any buildings, now group. Too Too funny. I'm on board with that one Niner....... Thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Comment

Yeah sorry I haven't been active much in this group. But I will join the next one since it will be my 1 year af anniversary month it should be the May get DriftyAlison0 to 1 year af month!

JK on the title
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

How about "MAYkin' it and doing it sober" grunt, grunt. Its funny about dreams, the other morning I was waking up and I had a dry mouth and a slight headache (Advil PM) and my first thought to myself was "you dumb ass why did you drink last night, now your going to have a lousy day". Then when I finally woke up and realized I hadn't drank, I had a good laugh with myself and my cup of coffee.

Take Care Everyone WW
              100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

K9Lover;1305315 wrote: How about "MAYkin' It Sober"....looks a bit more hip. LOL Although I've been told (by guess who...yep the 14 year old) that I shouldn't try to be cool or hip.ow about "MAYkin' It Sober"....looks a bit more hip. LOL Well okay then. I'll work on being stuffy and boring. HEHE NOT!
                Unwasted;1305353 wrote:
                Oh, I think you've got it there old lady. So, your daughter doesn't have to know we're gonna be hip on our next alkie "gang" thread........:H No tagging any buildings, now group.
                LOL, I second and third MAYkin It Sober just so that I can have this fantasy of us donning hoodies actually tagging buildings with our slogan. Actually, I'm already wearing a cherry red hoody so I'm a quarter way there but I think we'll need black hoodies to not stand out. Hmmm...its been a while.:H

Comment

Didn't get the tagging buildings, hipster connection at first but when it finally sunk in a good laugh was had. I go for the Maykin title Bros!
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Aprils -

I'm all for MAYkin' it Sober. LOL.

I leave in a couple hours to start my vacation. I will have my laptop so I'll try to post a few times at least! I'm really looking forward to reporting a great SOBER vacation to all of you. Really, I'm getting psyched about it. No hangovers, or sleeping in - I'll have energy and join lots of activities with the active folks for a change. I might even attend a meeting if they have a "Friends of Bill" on board.

Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Hi "Gang"!

How are my homies doing today?

ML - I hope you have a great vacation! Be sure to tell us all about it...I'll have to live vicariously through you since I never seem to go anywhere.

Alls - I'm glad you finally "got" the gang theme we were joking about...we're pretty hard core here, can't you tell? LOL

WW - Whew! Glad you woke up to realize you hadn't drank! I've had that happen a lot too, and it's great to realize it was just a dream!

Drifty - LOL at your thread title...we'll be sure to fit your ONE YEAR anniversary in...WOW...you go girl!!!

Nothing much to report in K9 Land today...other than tagging up buildings and wreaking general havoc, of course. LOL It's a nice sunny Friday and I am really looking forward to the weekend! My daughter is in a dance show tonight and tomorrow, she's kind of sick, so I hope she makes it through ok. I hope we both get a chance to just hang out and rest on Sunday.

UW, Nicey, Mama and everyone else that checks in...have a great day! I'll be back later to see how my peeps are!

K9

Comment

Howz it hangin bros???
                        I confess.....I drank last night...I could you a bunch of excuses, but I won't
                        So I am all for MAYkin a fresh start.....
                        peace out...
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

My Beloved Mama,

No judgements here. I have to be honest, if I wasn't taking Antabuse, I may have slipped and slid all the over the place by now too. Makes me wonder if I'm really doing this, or is AB doing it FOR me? Sometimes a beer just sounds SOOO good. I probably shouldn't be saying that, but you guys are my peeps and I'm just being honest. The truth is I'd never stop at one or two, and that's why I'm here...because I know this, without a doubt. I'd have 12+ and end up a sorry mess. Anyway, I hope you feel OK today. Here's to MAYkin' it in May! We can do it!

Love,
                          K9

Comment

thanks sweetie
                            I really screwed the pooch, but onward and upward right?
                            I feel ok...just mad at myself....
                            the rush from just thinking about buying a beer is ridiculous.....and I get all anxious...like I am going on a first date or something!!!
                            Date from Hell is more like it...hairy back, bad breath, no table manners, need I say more
                            anyway.....another lesson learned

Comment

LOL Mama...love the description. I can relate though! I used to be so "excited" getting my stash for the night and getting everthing all lined up. But you're right, it's like going to bed with Brad Pitt and waking up with Danny DeVito. Kind of a let down.

Comment

now THERE's an analogy!!!
                                ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I just adore you girl!!

Comment

Working...
                                X