April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But as they say, recovery isn't about not drinking, it's about the lives we create afterwards!
    I love that! I am doing great on not drinking, but I really do need to think about my plan for life. Hmmmm.....

Comment

Hi My Awesome April-ies!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello Aprils!

I'm sorry I've been such a slacker this week. I'm still really busy and stressed at work but I just had to take a breather to come here and post/read. You all sound just great. And I'm loving all the pics! One of these days when I can retire I'll add mine.

K9 - WooHoo!! 100 Days!! That is awesome.

Hopefully I'll get more time to read more tonight and catch up with everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic AF day!

Comment

OMG Unwasted, you are flipping gorgeous! Love your new photo!

K9 it's so nice to hear that your dog seems to be feeling better.

Mylife I wish I had some of your energy. I did manage to get a workout in today. That always energizes me a bit.

I'm off of work for the rest of the week and have been doing some cleaning and laundry. Don't know what got into me. The dust mites are not happy!

Comment

UW,
            You are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your picture!

Comment

K9Lover;1291619 wrote: UW,
              You are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your picture!
              What she said!
              Gotta be quick... just wanted to say Happy Humpday (cripes, it's almost over!). Had a nice surprise today... a client sent me a huge basket of Mrs. Field's Cookies :eeks: So much for my diet, huh? :H

K9... Happy 100 Days and Happy news from the vet! Same here... my pooch is still ok, as long as he can eat and doesn't end up with infections. Yay! I've been getting increasingly worried.

Ok, time to tuck big critters into their stalls.. have a fabulous evening everyone!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Unwasted;1290507 wrote:
                Here is a quote that sums up what I feel I've escaped........and am ever so thankful to have done so.........and want to continue..........:lilheart:

The Cycle of Escapism

Everyone feels the desire to escape. No matter how good you have it, there are times when, instead of dealing with problems, you?d rather pretend they don?t exist. We turn to bad habits because they allow us to forget. They give us a pleasurable sensation that pushes problems out of mind. The downfall of this solution is that it?s only temporary. The feeling wears off and the problems remain, often made worse by our indulgence. Once again faced with our problems, the natural reaction is to escape again.This is the cycle of escapism. We feel pain each time we face reality, so we use a bad habit to escape, which only increases our pain, making us more desperate to escape. Each time around it takes more sensation to escape, increasing our dependency on a bad habit. When you get caught in the whirlpool of escapism, it can feel impossible to get out.

Developing Positive Beliefs

The only way to permanently break the cycle of escapism is to develop a positive perception of reality. If you associate reality with pain, you will constantly desire to escape. It?s essential to find happiness in reality that outweighs the suffering caused by its problems. Find the things in life give you true joy rather than temporary pleasure. These are the actions that will build up your belief in a positive reality.Changing your attitude towards reality is easier said than done. When you?re accustomed to the cycle of pain and escape, reality feels hopeless. The truth is that reality is neither bad or good, but an equal mix of the two. Your attitude is a reflection of the parts that you choose to focus on. By fixing your attention on sources of hope and joy, you can create positive beliefs and reduce the desire to escape.

Have a great day everyone..........
                Hi Guys - Okay I know this is a few days old but I have just had the time to finally read through all of April posts and I LOVED this one UW! Thank you - I have put it in with my growing file of great posts from MWO!

This is turning into such a busy and positive group! I am so impressed with the results we are achieving!

I'm headed down to visit my in-laws this weekend for Easter. My hubby knows a "health spa" near where they live and we're going to spend an afternoon there getting massages and having some Vegan snacks and plenty of wheatgrass juice! LOL. It actually sounds great to me, and I'm looking forward to it. Life is so much better without AL!!

Hope you all have a fantastic AF day.

Comment

Everyone is looking so good!!! Great pic UW! I'll need to dust off a photo, hope everyone has a great day.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

K9, what was it you called us - the Aprilers? Anyway, hope you pup is doing well. BTW, are they giving her cortisone for her lungs? I had a dog once that had a lung problem and it was treated with cortisone.........

Nicelife, your post on the thread about your relapse after six years was riveting. I could imagine exactly how you talked yourself into drinking and the agony of getting back to being sober. I think your experience will save so many here. Hope you don't mind if I post a link. Everyone........invaluable reading:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ber-62294.html

Not much new in my world. I did have lunch with a couple of nondrinkers yesterday...people from my AA meeting, and it was good. I plan to keep that up!

Alls, ML (let us know how you like the spa), Sun, FlyAway (hope you have a better day today.......I have rotten ones too)., R4L, WW, Mama, Nora, Sunny D, TDN, Ima, Alison, Scottish Lass, Patrice and Ginger.........not sure who of the latter people in the group are still with us??

Anyway, hope everyone has a super day.

Comment

hi peeps...at work...checking in

will read back later
                      Un - you so purty!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Just checking in to say a quick hello. It's a beautiful sunny day in FlyLand. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm snuggling with my best (only) kitty while surfing the web. I did a weight workout yesterday and damn is my butt sore! :H I've got the laundry going and more cleaning to do today. I feel great!

Comment

Hi Awesome Aprilees!

UW - My short post to you yesterday about your picture was from my phone...it took me like 30 minutes just to type that much. LOL But wow, you're one pretty lady! I can see the happiness in your eyes...amazing what sobriety does for us huh?

We have this campaign going on at work it's called "Flush Away Cancer" so I currently have a purple "throne" (toilet) in my cubicle. The idea is that you get "flushed" and you keep the throne for a couple of hours, then donate $10 to flush someone else. I like the purple throne, it's really livening up the place, it even has flowers coming out of the top. I told them I want to keep it longer than the 2 hours. LOL

So my nephew...many of you know he's living with me, 18 years old...we've had a few discussions about drinking. Well....last night I told him to be HONEST with me about whether he's having sex (he has a little girlfriend that comes over sometimes). He finally admitted that he IS, but he didn't want me to tell his mom. I said "Are you crazy, I would never tell her, the poor thing would fall over with a heart attack". Oh lord...I didn't know what to say to him other than he better be SAFE. Oy. I guess I brought it on myself by insisting he tell me! He said "Do you feel better now?" And I said "Well, BETTER is not what I feel, but at least you're not lying to me". How did I get into this? LOL

Well I hope everyone has a great Thursday...the weekend is almost here! woo woo!

xoxo
                          K9

Comment

Oh K9, you've really got your hands filled! I hope and pray that he or she is using birth control.

Comment

Aprilees.......that is so cute niner.......also because it sounds like April Ease.......love it!

Fly Away, you're sounding very chipper today......see how the bad days quickly go .... learning to ebb and flow and just deal with life...we're all learning!

K9, I don't envy you with the nephew situation. I'm like FA, though, and really hope his girlfriend is on birth control! I would hate knowing that and not being able to tell his mom. Will she be angry with you if she finds out about him and you didn't tell her?? This is when I'm really glad I don't have kids.........I remember what I was doing at that age......:H

Not a big day in my world.......tried a noon AA meeting......it wasn't great. I didn't get a lot out of this one, but wasn't sorry I went. I still like the feeling of being in a room with people who understand........

Watched Idol tonight....does anyone here keep up with it? I like Elise and was glad she didn't get kicked off. I don't think she'll make it to the end, but I love her voice.

Hope everyone had a good day. Take care. Big hugs. :lilheart:

Comment

Good morning April-Ease! :H

I'm up early to get a lot of things tackled and then I'm leaving for the weekend. My in-laws don't have internet so I won't be posting from their house - but I'm looking forward to the spa.

UW - I watched Idol and also was glad Elise didn't have to go yet. LOL. What's so funny about that show is you get all caught up with the people and the next year I can't remember who any of them were!
                                On a different subject - are you going to the same AA meetings or are you trying different ones each time? When I attended I pretty much went to the same ones with the same group of people.

K9 - that situation with your nephew sounds very challenging! I'm very close to my nephew - he and my sister live in the same neighborhood - but luckily he's only 8. I think it's great that you are so close - but I agree with the others SAFETY!! One of my co-workers 18 year old daughter recently "found" herself pregnant and has decided to keep the baby - however as she and the boyfriend are only 18 and don't really feel like they want to get married she will be a single parent. And the boyfriend will pay child support for the next 18 or so years!

Alls, Fly, Mama, Sunshine, Nicelife and anyone else I missed - hope you all have a wonderful AF weekend. And for those of you who celebrate - Happy Easter! :h

Comment

Working...
                                X