April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlyAway, it sucks that your husband did that. I agree with UW and Alls. Tell him in plain terms the effect that it had on you (it really hurt your feels, made you feel like he didn't care about you - whatever), and tell him not to do it again.

MB, you might try switching to taking the AB at night. That works well for me.

K9, I hope you get feeling stronger soon. It sounds like you're pretty miserable.

Drifty, how exciting for you! One year is a big deal.

Alls, Cuyahoga National Park looks beautiful with the waterfalls and the marshes. That's really something to look forward to.

Hiya Patrice and everyone else who I missed or who will drop by.

Still good here. Big drum roll . . . I have 60 days AF today!

Still crazy busy and living in chaos but we're getting some help on the remodel. Hopefully I'll have a kitchen before much longer. Or at least a kitchen sink!

Hugs to all.
    Ginger

You are here:
    sigpic

Comment

allswel...are you from Ohio?? I grew up (from 13 on in Columbus and went to Ohio State!!)
      FlyAway...I hope you have a had a heart to heart, or as I like to call it "a come to Jesus" with your hubs. He really needs to support you in all this....
      no AB today, but a half pill tomorrow....if I get the headaches, I will do it on my own....with your help of course, dear friends.
      K9- please feel better soon babe. I take Paxil. Proazac, Celexa and effexor made me crazy. I want to wean myself off the Paxil after I get some AF time.....
      ok...back to the work...
      bacinabit
      xooxoxoxo
      jan
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hey Ginger...x post..big day for you girlie
        and BRAVO to Drifty for almost a YEAR!!! Holy Cats Batman!!

Comment

Hi Everyone, 100 days today my first goal, 6 months the next hurdle. Congratulations to everyone meeting their goals. Those who haven't just think how nice it is to sleep well and wake up with a clear head, use your time constructively, letting your friends and family gain confidence in you again. Last night I worked until after midnight, rain on the way and had to get some things done. For some odd reason I had the thought on the drive home "it would sure be nice to crack a bottle of wine when I get in" fortunately the thought quickly went away. That confirms this is a long term life long commitment, although things do get better and easier, dealing with the things that didn't get the necessary attention while drinking take extra effort to catch up with. K9 hope your feeling better soon, UW, MB, GD, Nora and everyone else thanks for all the support.

Have a great day everyone WW
          100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

WW! A huge congratulations on day 100!!! Wow...way to go...we're all proud of you!!!

Ginger - You are rockin' it too girl...keep up the great work!!

I'm feeling a "bit" better today...I'm drinking cranberry juice (which upsets my stomach, but I need it for the bladder infection, so that's a catch 22!), I had some yogurt this morning to try to coat my stomach, but sadly I am having coffee...I was planning on having tea but I just couldn't pass up the coffee! I hope this mess gets straightened out soon, I'm exhausted!

Mama - I hope the Prozac doesn't turn me into a lunatic...I honestly don't even know why I'm on it, I swear I'm not depressed! I think the doctors are so used to over-prescribing meds...I'll take it until I go back to the doctor in May, but if my stomach is still a mess I want to quit everything! Quitting alcohol is supposed to make us feel better, not worse!

Well not much to report today, I wanted to call in sick but my boss depends on me too much and she has a really long day ahead of her, so I think I would have felt guilty!

Hope you're all doing well...bye for now!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

it's funny you shuld say that K9...I said the same thing to hubs last night....I am not drinking and I feel like crap!!
              AB update....no AB....no headache. Thanks heavens but wah at the same time.....I 'll take a half pill tomorrow.....
              ROCK ON WW!!!

Comment

Way to go Wrangler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

With regard to my husband, it's exactly what UW said. I think he misses his drinking partner. I also think he's doing these things on a subconscious level. He would never intentionally do anything to hurt me. If I sat him down and told him flat out that he was undermining me he'd feel horrible. The cool thing that I realized is that the vodka has no strength over me! I don't crave it at all. I've had other types of booze in the house all along, but I wasn't sure how I'd react to vodka. After my initial gasp upon seeing it, I'm over it. Today is Day 53 and I'm feeling fabulous! I so love my sober life that I never want to go back to drinking.

Nora--I have stomach issues too, certainly aggravated by drinking. I had gastritis a few years ago and have been diagnosed with IBS. Of course I was drinking at the time of both diagnoses. I do have to be careful with wheat consumption though. Wheat does not agree with me! Your doctor will probably want to schedule an endoscopy. Let us know how it goes.

Allwell--Oh how I love the Finger Lakes region! :h It's beautiful there. I can't imagine running of any kind however! :H My knees ache just thinking about it.

Ginger--Kitchen remodels are a nightmare. We did one on our own several years ago. You have my sympathies.

Mamabear--Hooray for no headache! I will have a heart to heart with Mr. Fly if we can ever get 2 minutes alone.

WW--Fantastic job on 100 days!

K9--Glad to hear that you're feeling a little bit better. I'm prone to get bladder infections and have to be really careful. Can't imagine passing up coffee either!

Comment

going strong here...but having some cravings...I know they will pass...

Comment

Mama - I think you & I are on the same brain wave. :H Today has been one of those 'thinking about drinking' days. Weird. Not going to happen so there.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

yes mam!!

Comment

Hi MB, I'm in Cincinnati but spent three great years working in Columbus and loved it. Stay strong tonight OK!!
                          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

WW & Ginger - little celebrations going on for you guys on the General Thread.

Quick check in for me tonight guys.......wishing you all a lovely evening. See you tomorrow. :lilheart:

Comment

wakey wakey eggs and bakey!!
                              off to work...running late.....see ya'll in a little bit!!

Comment

The cool thing that I realized is that the vodka has no strength over me!
                                FA, I would just say be careful.......alcohol is a sneaky bastard. Err on the side of being conservative and get that shit out of your house.....just my $0.02. It's great that you're feeling strong, but we can get blindsided when we least expect it.

Mama and Nora, hope you guys are feeling well today.......just ride out those nasty little thoughts.......they come and go. Just expect them and distract yourself. Hope you guys all get the meds stuff figured out.......K9, hope you're feeling better too.

Alls, can't believe you can run that far. I can do a very slow five miles, but anything beyond that sounds impossible.

Not too much else going on in my world.......except......tomorrow is my five month anniversary. Can't believe I've achieved this. There was a time I thought it was absolutely impossible.

Oh, and Mama, I think it was quite a statement - your thread on reaching out for support. I think that's an enormous step in the right direction and denotes huge progress. So happy that you're doing well and not caving!

Hope everyone has a super day today. Stay strong!! :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X