Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Attitudes and Aspirations - Let's Be Good To Ourselves

Hi Littlepinkcat, what a cute name.

NoraC, I don't think we need an excuse as problem drinkers but I also think that doctors should not prescribe these SSRI's to problem drinkers either. I definitely drank more on Venlor, the generic of Effexor and less when I stopped, but I only realised it afterward when I came across an article on the subject.

I am better, I woke up with a huge laugh as I was reading the gardening thread. LOL.

Sun
    , argh, taxes. Good luck hun. :l

MB
    - I KNEW it! Well, I didn't know it but I had a feeling I could sense itty bitty paw steps all the way over here. I'm so happy that Sunny took the plunge. She deserves every little bit of happiness she can get. So happy!:h

And everyone else I missed, have an awesome Monday!

DB

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Another month in the books and onto May. Should be an uneventful week - just the way I like it. Going to find time to do some fun stuff this week too. UN, hope the first ever sober concert was a blast and the first of many more!! Take care all who stop by today!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Happy last day of April! I was out of town with work for much of this past week and then incredibly busy the last few days. No time to check in. Whew, glad that is over. I feel like I need more sleep! I'm feeling great overall though and love my sober life. Today is day 73.

Comment

Hi Aprilees!

I missed you all. I feel like I've been away for a long time, when actually it was only the weekend! I need to get my own laptop so I can stay connected to my homiez!! The threads have been busy so I've been trying to catch up!

I had a nice boring weekend. I slept most of the day yesterday (I don't know WHY...just tired I guess!) My poor kid is fighting a cold, she's been SO busy, it's time for her to slow down.

Not much to report here...just another Monday morning...ugh. Ah well, thankful to have a job and to be hangover free.

Will check back in later. Hope you all have a great day!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I've been in a pissy mood because we're having a bunch of work done around our house. It will all end up being good, but man is it f&@#ing irritating! I hate being a bitch because it makes me feel like an ingrate, but they were supposed to be done a long time ago and they're disturbing my little nesting birdies.........Hoping it's over soon cause I'll probably blow a gasket any day now.

Survived the concert - it was actually quite good. Certainly a new experience to be sober while at an event like that. Sun - I never thought I liked him that much -- his voice was actually better than what I remember from the few times I've listed to him recorded. He's an ex druggie by the way (guess most musicians are lol). Totally sober now.

There are times I feel like I've lost the ability to feel joy....I don't feel depressed, but I have moments of feeling very flat. I guess that's just life and I'm trying to deal with reality instead of depending on the fake happiness alcohol used to give me. I try to focus on the good in my life but there are times I go to the dark side.

FA - 73 days is super......good to hear! Hi Nursie, haven't seen you in a while. K9, Nora, Mama, Dizzy, Alls, and anyone else stopping by....LPC?

Everyone, take care and have a good day/evening.

xx,
            UN :lilheart:

Comment

Hey UN,

I definitely identify with what you're saying regarding feeling flat. I feel like there really aren't any highs or lows, everything is just there. Just finished a book by Susan Cain called Quiet and I guess I fit into the category of introvert. Used to think when I went to a party and stuck around just long enough so it didn't look like I left too early it was because I wanted to go to the privacy of home where the real drinking would begin. Now I realize it's because I don't like crowds and would rather have quiet instead. There's no emotional lift to anything, oh well, like you said - guess it's just life.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

home and pooped,,,and sober
                LONG Monday at work
                but everything is good
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm here, don't worry. Just some health stuff and family stuff. I posted around a bit today.
                  I had to call the cops on my brother yesterday for driving drunk. And my mom found her roommate dead of a heroin overdose. She sounds awful. I can't talk to her because she sounds high but I try to talk sometimes. I don't want to be the reason she offs herself. Story of my life.

But I'm keeping my distance from all of them. I'm reading a therapeutic book about growing up abused. It's tough to do the assignments but I am trying to do a bit at a time.

Tomorrow is the first day of May!!!
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all.

Nursie - so sorry for all that you are going thru now. What a heavy load. But, know in your heart that you did the right thing.

UW - glad you had fun at the concert.

FA - Congratulations on Day 73!! :goodjob:

I can relate to the flat feeling. I was like that for quite a while. But, I do think that it was part depression for me. I just sort of crawled into myself and didn't experience any of the highs or joys. Honestly, that is one of things that I have worked on in therapy. And, it has gotten so much better. I hope that it gets better for both of you.

Well - enough of my babbling. Hello to everyone - sorry not to mention everyone by name but it's my bedtime. :H Talk to you all tomorrow.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Gang!
                      Have we started our May thread? Am I just oblivious and can't find it? Or should I start it...were we going to call it "MAYkin' It Sober"?

UW - I hope your pissy-ness has passed, although I understand why you felt that way. And how is your wrist doing these days? Better, I hope.

Nursie - I had no idea how much you have on your plate...wow. You have my admiration and my continued support. You are a strong lady!

Mama, Nora, Alls, WW, Drifty, Fly, Dizzy, and everyone else...are we ready to move threads?

xoxo
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Move it to May
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone, K9 why don't you kick off "MAYkin it Sober". Hope everyone is doing well, I can't believe Im starting my 5th month of an AF 2012. Been working a lot but I do check in almost everyday. Same old struggles, unreliable employees, broken equipment, accounts receivables. They are much more manageable with a clear head though.

may May be kind to us all WW
                          100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Working...
                          X