The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and thanks for all your support. I first joined mwo in 2006 and stayed sober for a few years, then I made the mistake of thinking I could drink moderately, big mistake. I was back to square one after a few months. I got the book,tapes and supps and it worked so I guess it will again.
    I recently retired as a mental health nurse, but still work odd days when there are staff shortages, so recntly I have had time on my hands and that increased my drinking. I come from a large catholic family, had an abusive alcoholic father and a brother who is in a care home dying from al, also a sister who is a functioning alcoholic, so I do believe genetics play a part in this disease, affliction call it what you will. Anyway thats a part of my story. Thanks for being here. Thanks for that bell Ruby.x

Comment

Hopefull sorry you had a bad night, it will get better for both of us if we can just stay away from that first drink.

Comment

Paul...thanks for sharing...a retired mental health nurse??? I can only imagine the stories you can tell
        Fen- is David Lee Roth gay?? I decided last night he was and I felt sorry for him having to fake it.....just something about him......
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

There for you Paula. Let's ring it again soon.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

You guys are so kind and funny...mama! I don't know why I drink when I know I can't. I am certainly not keeping it secret from my family...it's as obvious as if I had 2 heads. The only thing that I know to do is start over, AGAIN. I just get so angry with myself that I can't say no. I work with individuals with disabilities and I bring everything home with me. I tell myself that I'll stop and buy al and drink one or two drinks to relax...what a joke!!! Sometimes that voice, that awful person I become is bigger than me...and I don't know why I give in. Yes I do, it's called addiction and I have to do whatever I can to stop it. I want to buy Antabuse again, but not sure where to find online anymore. Recommendations??I do appreciate our newly found friendships! It's nice to know people who are like me and can fight this with me!!

Going back to work now; I'll check back in this evening. Hugs to all!!
            Hope :h

Comment

Mom, none of us has THE answer. we just work at it. Few can moderate at this point, and I SO get you on bringing it home. Hubs says I'll hire someone to worry about if I don't have anyone. But I always do, a big one right now. THAT is a hard habit to break too.
              As for you, Sunny, I'll STFU and don't need reinforcement, thank you very much! :H
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

mom
                go to goldpharma.com
                that's where I get my AB
                I bring work home with me too.....BUT WE BOTH KNOW THAT'S AN EXCUSE...right???
                xoxoxoxo

Comment

Comment

Mama - Love that pic!! So glad that you had a great time!!! :l

Hopeful - I've had more day ones that anyone. :h The important thing is to keep getting up & starting again. I have had more sober time in the past year than I have had in the last 10 years. So, something is working. I think the fact of having this support group has helped me immensely. Whenever, I back away from here is when I fall deep into that hole again.

Paula - You are doing great! Wonderful that you are back. :l

Ruby - you know you'll never be a filler. You are our support. :h

Don't mean to ignore everyone but I'm at work and can't talk. By the time I can get on here an night, you all are in bed. :H Have a great day!
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

overdosing on Advil cause I danced so much!!
                      and did I say.....SOBER!!!

Comment

rubywillow;1298605 wrote:
                        As for you, Sunny, I'll STFU and don't need reinforcement, thank you very much! :H
                        What is STFU Ruby? I have thought about it and thought about it but am still not sure...... I am sure of one thing - it has to be rude!!!! LOL

JAN - LOVE the picture!!!!!

Hopeful - a lot of folk here buy their Antabuse on line so I am sure someone can tell you the best place to get it.

Hi Nora - good to see you, and yes, this place is incredible for support :l

Sun XX
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Loved the pic, Jan, but loved more the expression on ClayBo's face in the background!!!Love it!!!! He's thinking WTF, IMHO. I could embarrass my kids by just moving, so he was NOT rockin' your moves, Babe. :H:H:H Too funny!!! But I would have done the same thing, just not with my kids watching. Tip would have tackled me to keep me home. So would AB. So funny, since on our 30th anniversary Hubs told them at lunch we'd have to 'bump ugly' that night, and Tip screamed 'I didn't think you did that since I was born!! :H
                          sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;1298662 wrote: So funny, since on our 30th anniversary Hubs told them at lunch we'd have to 'bump ugly' that night, and AB screamed 'I didn't think you did that since I was born!! :H
                            :H:H:H:H
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OMG...Mimi.....
                              that is actually Grant in the background looking at me like I have three heads...they are used to me being an idiot and I take great delight in embarrassing them!!!
                              My kid hate when I mention sex as well.....so of course I do it as often as I can!!

Comment

MB-- I totally agree with you--DLR is in the closet-- never thought of that!! love it!! You look gorgeous in that pic! I just told my mom not to come -- I will take the fall out-- had to-- she had written asking questions. I am not up to it. My BP remained way too high after the last headache-- I know it will go down but it it is wearing and I do not need to worry about her too.

Comment

Working...
                                X