The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR APRIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs. Fen and I have just found out that we may be vacationing alone...her dad is having more tests done this week and may begin chemo rather than joining us. Best case scenario, they will be joining us, but late. :crap:

Comment

I'm here, I'm here. Glad that you have your appt for your EKG Fen!! I've been worried. Had to laugh about your Mom. :H You must have tortured her when you were young. :H

Bob - It was good to see you. Please stay in touch. Are you still in Texas? Sorry that things aren't going great but living with your Papa must be nice. :h

Guess I'll surf for a bit. I'll be back. :h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Fen - I'm so sorry. :l:l

Mama - I'm taking half a pill per day. Why don't you give that a try?
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora...I do feel for my poor mom. If you could have seen the apprehension when I told her to hold out her hand today...:H

Comment

fennel;1294474 wrote: Nora...I do feel for my poor mom. If you could have seen the apprehension when I told her to hold out her hand today...:H
            :spider::butterfly::blob::dragon1:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Fenny- you crack me up. What type of cancer does your FIL have??? Will ya'll be able to go see him?
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all
                Too bad about the chemo Fenn. Funny about your mom and the arrowhead..nuttin new here.. Absolutely have to go to work today, blah I am dreading it...back later

Comment

Mama, Mrs. Fens' dad had prostate cancer before I met her. This is the prostate cancer kicking back in, sending mets to the liver and spine. In real life, they live two and a half hours away from us, so yeah, we'll be able to visit when things get rough. Whether or not they join us on Saturday depends on his liver test results on Thursday. If they're bad, he'll start chemo, and Mrs. Fen and I will do the vacation at their timeshare alone.

Sad, because he's always been so active. He, Mrs. Fen and I usually take long bicycle rides and go on kayak nature tours together.

Comment

bird;1294615 wrote: Hi all
                    Too bad about the chemo Fenn. Funny about your mom and the arrowhead..nuttin new here.. Absolutely have to go to work today, blah I am dreading it...back later
                    I hope your day goes quickly, bird. :h

Comment

Where the heck are Rubes and Ms. Daisies? Get up, you slackers!! :H

Comment

Rubes, you have to send me the website for "Dulcimers R us" and the "Goat and groat" or whatever it is you have going on in Hell'nback, GA. :H

Comment

Guess I'll come back when all you sleeping beauties are up. Nora gets some slack, as she's on the west coast.

Comment

Morning everyone - Fen, depending on the results on Thursday, when will he start his chemo? Maybe he needs the holiday BEFORE he starts - after all a few days is not going to make amy difference is it? And it would be good for him to have some fun times before he starts it.....

Morning Bird - so, off to work - sorry - I am off today and have lots planned - like trying to finish the raised beds and the sorting out what to put in them, and oh yes, just a little weeding - HA!

Fen - I did laugh at the thought of the look on your moms face when you told her to hold out her hand - gave me a good chuckle!!:H Glad that you have your EKG booked.

Morning Nora - I agree with you on Jan taking half a pill - Jan - half is as good as one - the stuff is still in your system so you still wouldn't be able to drink and it might stop the headaches.

Ruby - thanks for the recipe - I could always use veggie bacon.....

Mr P. We all saw you and hope things are going well - where does your dad live - well, where do you live now seeing as you are living with him? I was pleased to see you here..... laughed at Rubes saying keep it clean :H

Off to start my day..... well, continue my day!!

back later - hugs to all,

Sun XX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Rubes/FEn--yep, I know hubs takes time for himself-- it's just that dieting-- ugh-- I know that is for me but it seems like deprivation. He goes on trips and plays sports. I would be starving and exercising which of course intellectually I know will get the result I want-- but after all day of Eli g lots of stuff that is centered on others it would be nice to enjoy the activity I am taking time for! Of course that thinking is what keeps folks in bad habits-- the mentality that we need to reward ourselves with the bad thing. And honestly unlike the booze which I had to jettison for good at least after I got myself in better shape I could occasionally eat some great food in moderation, it's not gone forever just for awhile. Right now I may actually do something I never do which is take a 2 hour nap then hit the gym. Luke is back in school and the house is quiet.

Comment

ATL - enjoy your morning love....
                                Sun- I want pictures of your garden.
                                skipped the AB today cause the the HORRENDOUS headache, and will start on half a dose tomorrow...I have enough in my system to keep me honest.....and actaully, right now, AL is the last thing I want.
                                I AM UP FEN!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X