Gahhhh!! Are you for real??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dear darling man is lucky he still has his innards intact.

This morning he came into the kitchen around 10 am (I've sprung out of bed at 7 am as I do now I'm hangover free). He looks at me making another cup of coffee and says, "Wow. That's your third one. That's a bit much isn't it?"

This from the guy who a) drinks nearly three bottles of wine Friday night which leads to him fighting with his father, at which point I then spend 2 hours counselling him, b) keeps me awake with blethering drunk talk until 1.30 am, c) therefore I have to do all the long distance driving the next day, d) then after talking all day about how he really doesn't need alcohol, drinks another 2 bottles of wine and e) keeps cutting in when I'm on the phone to MY parents... loud, annoying, unaware person!

I am laughing as much as I am mad. This WAS me. But OH ARE YOU FOR REAL, he CANNOT be serious about my caffeine intake...Can he?

Hmmm... Although... maybe increased caffeine has led me to respond in not all together most Zen-like fashion one could possibly imagine.

Well... WHATEVER!! He needs a smack!!! (No, must have compassion, must have compassion...) :H:H:H

Gem
    Free since 26th February 2012

hidden_gem;1289341 wrote: My dear darling man is lucky he still has his innards intact.

This morning he came into the kitchen around 10 am (I've sprung out of bed at 7 am as I do now I'm hangover free). He looks at me making another cup of coffee and says, "Wow. That's your third one. That's a bit much isn't it?"

This from the guy who a) drinks nearly three bottles of wine Friday night which leads to him fighting with his father, at which point I then spend 2 hours counselling him, b) keeps me awake with blethering drunk talk until 1.30 am, c) therefore I have to do all the long distance driving the next day, d) then after talking all day about how he really doesn't need alcohol, drinks another 2 bottles of wine and e) keeps cutting in when I'm on the phone to MY parents... loud, annoying, unaware person!

I am laughing as much as I am mad. This WAS me. But OH ARE YOU FOR REAL, he CANNOT be serious about my caffeine intake...Can he?

Hmmm... Although... maybe increased caffeine has led me to respond in not all together most Zen-like fashion one could possibly imagine.

Well... WHATEVER!! He needs a smack!!! (No, must have compassion, must have compassion...) :H:H:H

Gem

It is funny hiddengem :H:H

On a serious note people who have problems of there own tend to look at other peoples problems and not theres.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

You're right Mario - much as I am looking at my own reaction and making light of it... it's not good that his awareness is so poor.

Thing is, I know that he knows he has a problem. Since I became sober he's made a big deal of cutting down during the week - only to drink twice as much on the weekends.

I have to be patient though and lead by example. I hope that eventually he gets to the point where he wants to knock it on the head completely. THEN I can help him. When he asks for it.

I guess it's easier for him to focus on my coffee drinking than his issue... Easy does it on my part though - don't want to come across as some "holier than thou" type - that will polarise us and make it seem like I'm the opposite side of some impossible chasm.

Gem

Comment

You sound as if you have an excellent attitude and approach there Gem.

Leading by example is a very powerful thing. Bravo on your AF time too.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Jem,

Your post really made me laugh.. thanks!! I hear you loud and clear, keep it up , you are doing so well and I'm sure your dear man will follow.. eventually

Take Care
          Patrice

Comment

too funny Gem....I guzzle the caffeine as well!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I say smack him! :H
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

:H

If that's your only vice, you're OK
                Btw, I admire your restraint.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Kick him!!

j/k
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Heheheheeee...

Thanks everyone!! I don't think he's going to comment on coffee drinking again!

No, I didn't kick him, but I told him in no uncertain terms that my sobriety comes before any worries about my caffeine intake!

Gem x

Comment

Working...
                    X