Thank you everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone.

Thanks to everyone for all of the dramas, the triumph, the setbacks and the ultimate victories! I want to wish every one of you the best going forward and I hope that you make it to a sober and prosperous future.

Good Luck all.
    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Thank you everyone.

Dave, your post sounds like a goodbye. What is going on? I saw that you had a relapse, but you know how to get up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon.

I hope I am not overreacting but I've written this way when I was at the end of my rope and ready to give up.

Please give me some peace of mind and let me know where your head is at.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

What the heck does this mean? Dave, where are you going? Talk to us.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Dave a little more feedback here please, We care for what your going through and can help to bring you on through the other side again.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Thanks mate. All ok just lost the path for a couple of days, it seems to happen to me. No foul, no one knows and no one got hurt but it's a fucking hard life being drunk enough to keep crap away and sober enough to do your job. Bad scene and bad friends that made it too easy for me to fuck up.
          Not their fault just got carried away and now I am reigning it in. Wife and kids have gone to the beach house for Easter and I am weening with extreme prejudice.
          Public holiday tomorrow.
          Sorry for being a drama queen but better you guys than anyone at work or in the real world.
          i will survive, thats just what I do.
          I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Blokes are allowed to be drama queens too.

Yep. You'll survive. Because that's what you do.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Well done dave, As you certainally will survive, Keep posting as for me this is a real world ,I have met enough of MWOers to know that ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

its the transition that fucks with my head. i know what I have to do and I knw what the next 48 hours has in store for me. This is almost old fucking hat now. A process rendered humerous by its simple ongoing repetition. Ah well, no one to blame, no excuse given. Just FFS!

Comment

Thank you everyone.

G'day Dave,

Hang in there mate. You'll feel better after a few AF days. Two questions i've asked myself a few times was....'Do i actually want to live sober, or do i have to get sober?' The percieved 'pressure' of having to get sober used to stress me and backfire often, but the deep down honest want to get sober and live sober angle, is a mind set i've had to cultivate and get to, and it's a process. It's turning my life upside down and shaking out all the lies and myths that drinking relaxes me or gives me a good time. No, it always stresses me, and depresses me, without fail. The good times are because of good company, not booze. I know you know this. I'm waffling on a bit, but the gist of this post is to say that you are not alone on your journey (even though our journey's are very personal ones), you are an amazing man who has so much to offer yourself, your family, and humankind, and you can and will kick the booze to the curb, and take your precious life back again.

It sure is a cunning and baffling disease/affliction/problem we have.

Back in the saddle buddy.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Well I am relieved to see you back here. Thank you for giving us an update.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I'm glad you're back Dave...you can get through the first few days. Stick close.
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Good thoughts coming your way Dave. It's damn hard.
                        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Thank you everyone.

dave I'm glad to see you talking about it. Push through.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thank you everyone.

20 days af again. Pushing through to 30. We live and we learn.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Good for you Dave--you are a wise man.
                              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                              X