I need some encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Mama.....but I feel bad that you had to go through that though!!!! Grab that beast by the "short hairs" and toss him to the curb!!!!! Ha!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Awesome mama, way to stay strong!!! Try some 5-HTP and valerian tea or extract - really helps me to sleep until I'm further along in my recovery....
      AF Since: June 8

Comment

ok aero...thanks
        can you mix them with anti depressants?
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

AFAIK, yes. They are both very mild relaxants to help you sleep. Works great for me.

Comment

Thanks Aero....I am going to look into the 5-htp!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

aerojef;1332778 wrote: AFAIK, yes. They are both very mild relaxants to help you sleep. Works great for me.
              Do you have a website aerojef? I would add a caveat to your testimony. I am sometimes guilty of giving such info without asking questions first too.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

meaning if someone is taking antidepressants 5htp is not recommended however there are ways to incorporate it into a healthy regime

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

OK, I stand corrected. They both increase seratonin levels, and could possibly cause a seratonin syndrome if the 5-htp is taken in large doses.

Thanks for pointing that out - I actually work in EMS and have seen patients who take both, so I assumed it was safe. My bad, thanks.

But on the plus side, you'd be really really NOT depressed! just kidding....

Comment

aerojef;1332798 wrote: OK, I stand corrected. They both increase seratonin levels, and could possibly cause a seratonin syndrome if the 5-htp is taken in large doses.

Thanks for pointing that out - I actually work in EMS and have seen patients who take both, so I assumed it was safe. My bad, thanks.

But on the plus side, you'd be really really NOT depressed! just kidding....
                    I appreciate your reply....it is important to know circumstances and give suggestions. What does EMS mean? Sorry if I sound dumb..

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Emergency medical services - I'm a paramedic.

Comment

Awesome....we have an EMS in the house!!!!!!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Awesome....we have an EMS in the house!!!!! :woot::woot:
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Shhh, I didn't say that, but it's true. I don't work in the field any more but I'm an instructor at the local community college.

Comment

So you worked for the gov't then aerojef?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Huh? lol, no, unless you count the local fire department and various private companies "government".

Comment

Working...
                                X