I need some encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking alcohol for those who have a problem is usually, always much more depressing than not drinking alcohol - I can guarantee it!
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

amen to that UK...and thanks for the advice Oney and Sun......
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hmmm . . . Sunny.

The empty next syndrome.

I think you've hit upon something big, she says, pondering deeply.
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Hi Mama!
          I just saw this...I really need to start logging in on weekends! I can understand how you feel sad and "deprived" at the thought of not drinking...I used to feel that way too. I felt like I lost my best friend, although looking back, Mr. Bud Light wasn't much of a friend. I now feel lucky that I don't have to drink, instead of sad that I "can't". I know you've been around a long time and have heard it all...so I don't know what to say, other than I am thinking of you and sending you strength. Take your hubby up on his offer....I've had to do this alone and sometimes I get a teensy bit jealous of those of you who have (adult) support! Love you Mama!!!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

So sorry I missed this, MB. You know, giving up AL is like giving up a friend who gives comfort, for a while, then comes back and bites you in the ass. We grieve the loss of our crutch, don't want to replace it. That goes away. You know you CAN'T drink, not even a little, so give it time, let the grief go away when you have some months under your belt. And let go of the thought after 6 months you can reward yourself with a drink. Having Brett stop is worth it, and you know he can't drink afterwards either. Even near-beer has a tiny bit of AL in it, so stay away from it. Spend time with Brett, do things together, come see me next month, and you can and Claybo can help Fen look for arrowheads. We'll keep you honest for that time! I love you too much to lose you to AL, and you love your family too much to lose them. It's worth it, darling.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

love you too peeps.....

Comment

Hey Mama - here's a good one................

The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love it lots, Nora.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

:l:l:l
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Mamma,

You've been on mind and I sent as many cyber specials your way as I could muster!

Hope you are doing ok and feeling a whole lot better.

Love, Nicey.

XO
                      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

thanks nicey...I am feeling strong, but I have the headacdhe from HELL......I wonder if it's the antabuse??

Comment

Mamabear, Years ago when I took antabuse, I would get wicked headaches from it. I ended up taking half of the dose that people normally take (don't remember the dosage though) and that seemed to do the trick. The doctor assurred me that I would still get super sick if I tried to drink with it in my system (I never tested him on that one)
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!
                          :lilheart:

Comment

Mama, I can't believe I didn't see this post until now!

I know that "deprived" feeling...I've been doing so much better with things lately, but it is really so helpful if our partners will lay off the drinking as well- at least in the beginning.

I have had to rethink a lot about my daily routine. My "Food and Wine" mags go straight into the trash these days, as they are triggers...I'm not as much of a foodie as I used to be and I am now focusing on co-op veggie sorts of meals. It's one way I can still cook and not be fixated on matching wine with dinner, as the focus is healthy rather than ritzy.

Also, if you and papa bear have bicycles, it's a fun thing to go for bike rides as a couple. Mrs. Fen and I do a spin around the lake by our house on weekends and the only thing I want to drink when I get home is an ice cold coke!

Hang in there, and call if you want to chat. :h

Comment

Mom...I was thinking of taking a pill every other day...
                              Thanks Fen for being there

Comment

I "think" its all about changing your mindset......try not to think woe is me.....think about how much better you will feel everyday that you abstain, and how much happier your body will be
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X