I need some encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Mama....I am so disappointed that I missed out on the poo chronicles yesterday! Grrrr....see what happens when I am away from the computer...I seriously need a tablet so I can take you all with me! Ha! I haven't read back to what happened to Lucky but I just saw your post that he got bit by another cat and had to have the face drained. Poor baby....so sorry to hear that! I have seen my fair share of cat bites.....they are the worst because they close up so quickly and you don't even know they are there until they abcess. I am sure it was stinky as all hell when they opened it....but the good thing is that it is instant relief for them. I know Lucky is sore today and most likely tired from the meds....but he is in good hands with his Mama!!!!!! Just make sure he doesn't scratch or rub the drain out. E-collars suck but when you can't be with him watching him it is best to keep it on! Good luck today!!!!!!!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hey Des
      he is trying to scratch as we speak...I am washing the bloody towels from last night
      he is being quiet and just ate.....

poo chronicles...tee hee
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

what cause the infection Des???
        Dirty claws. soil, etc??
        do I need to keep him from going outside and train him to use a litter box??

Comment

Cats have extremely dirty mouths and claws. What happens is when they bite they cause a tiny puncture wound and it closes up really fast! Bacteria and whatnot is trapped inside and can't get out. Usually a wound stays open and is able to ooze and bleed and clean itself....not so with cat bites. It closes up and literally festers....I have seen them actually get to the point where they rupture...usually in feral cats that aren't monitered like a pet. I have a cat that "adopted" me when I first moved here. Your typical male orange cat....cute as a button and just as sweet! Even after he was neutered he would get all torn up...come back to the house looking like he was in a war. Thank goodness i could treat him but enough was enough. He is now an inside cat and could'nt be happier. There is also the risk of getting feline leukemia or FIV....an immune disorder like human HIV...from cat bites if he's not vaccinated. I just find it easier to keep them in! Ha!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Yes...."the chronicle of the poo" and "Pee Pee Diaries" LOL
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

so...Dr Des (sounds like a rapper!!)
              how do I retrain this cat to stay in the house and use the litter box?

Comment

HeeHee...Master Rapper Dee! LMAO They take to the litter box very easily and quickly. If you have a screened in porch you can keep him out there with the litter box and he will go to it on his own as they like to dig and bury their poo. I brought one of my barn cats with me when I moved and she was an outdoor cat for 10 years and she went right to the litter box. You can even put a turd of his in there and put him in it and he will catch on....sorry if that sounds gross! Ha! I am sure he is content to be inside as I am sure he is groggy from the meds...so now is a good time to do it. He may meow at first to go out....but that will subside...invest in a pair of ear plugs! Heehee
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Master Dee
                  he is zonked out right now
                  I laughed at the thought of hunting for some of his poo....
                  love you avatar...is that one of your babies??
                  What are their names??
                  Did you ever hook up with Sunni gg??

Comment

Wake up everybody!:sun:
                    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Hey Mama....yes..those are 2 of my babies! The one on the left is my 32 year old....his name is Promise and the one on the right is Doo'mi....his racing name was Day of Doom but he is such a sweetie and that name just doesn't apply to him! I will start putting some more pics in my gallery!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Cat, silly, I have been up since five!!
                        I love the name Promise, Dr Des
                        The horse I road for years was aptly named Satan!!
                        watching the Jubilee Floatilla before I head to the beach for the day

Comment

Jealous, Mama! I live on the coast and haven't been to the beach to sunbathe in a couple years....I just love the water and the smell of the beach...aaahhhh...
                          Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                          -Alan Cohen

Comment

Just in and nice and pink
                            I don't go much either Cat. Today was lovely.
                            My parents are in St. Simon's/Sea Island. Are you near there??

Comment

Yes, the SAV...I grew up near Jekyll.
                              Catawprint:

-Alan Cohen

Comment

I love that area....I have spent many a lovely weekend in Sav!!

Comment

Working...
                                X