Army thread monday 9th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afternoon all from a rather grey n drizzly corner of the world (the south east finally getting some rain! yay!). Day 8 here, thanks for all the congrats n stuff, just enjoying vast quantities of chocolate n red bull... n I still lost weight this week xD Don't have scales but I can actually do up the button on my combat trousers n still breathe so thats a good start for me xD Got alot of work to do today, tons of portraits still to be done plus getting a refund for my festival ticket to sort out and many many other things I should get on with... and all I want to do is sleep xD one of these days I swear I will sleep before two and we shall all be amazed. Hope everybody is well, wishing your duaghter the best with the suspected blood clot satz, hope all works out ok

xIC
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Just a quick arfternoon lurk. Back from the garden centre.

Freddo looks just fabulous.

Oh and Incheroo for you love, proud of you.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

satz123;1294123 wrote: Bet you have odd one
        one pair more like
        and a.million odd ones...
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hello army

stirly-girly;1294067 wrote: Molly, talk about it here - as much as you need to, then let it go. Adam may have issues of his own about your past drinking that he has to work on himself. Just do what you are already doing - staying sober and proving that you have turned over a new page. At some point he'll realize that you have turned things around and start to be proud of you. If he doesn't then maybe you can talk to him in a few months from now. Don't let it bother you because at this point, you really can't do anything and as you know, you need to concentrate on your sobriety and, as they said at the centre - you're self-esteem. You are doing a super job here and the change in you is so obvious to all of us here. Adam is bound to see it too at some point. If not, then you will find a way to talk to him about it and let him know how very hard you are trying to leave all of the past behind you and that you will never go back there again.

Why do you feel guilty about writing down how you feel? That's all part of the process and it's the reason we're all here. For the support. FFS, if you can't talk about it here, where the heck can you talk about it? We're the ones who understand best what you're going through. :l
          I thought that was a brilliant reply, stirly. Hope you took it all on board, molly!

Freddie looks great, BTW, stirly

Wagoneer;1294082 wrote:
          Morning all! I decided Friday that I was going to take today off - kind of a mental health day after the shit week I had last week! Hope everyones's Easter was wonderful. Ours was low key but wonderful. I even got to sleep in a little! YAY! Hope everyone is wonderful and talk later.

Waggy
          You definitely deserve some time off after last week, waggy. Hope you're feeling a little less anxious now.

Comment

Hope your daughter is going to be ok, satz. As others have said, blood clots are not to be taken lightly. Wishing her all the best.

Comment

Are there rehabs for choccy addicts? Cos I reckon one or two of the regulars here might benefit from a short stay in one of them.

Too many serial relapsers in the barracks, definitely!

Comment

Hello again, Army!!!

JackieClaire;1294159 wrote: Oh and Incheroo for you love, proud of you.

.Inchy - what Jackie said!!!:goodjob:
                JackieClaire;1294159 wrote:
                Freddo looks just fabulous.
                pingu1997;1294171 wrote: one pair more like
                and a.million odd ones...
                :H
                satz123;1294125 wrote:
                Anyone know where Limers is. Hasn't posted for days - I miss her:upset:
                Me, too and I miss Zennybutt as well.
                Recluse;1294178 wrote:
                Hello army!

I thought that was a brilliant reply, stirly. Hope you took it all on board, molly!

Freddie looks great, BTW, stirly
                Thanks, Reccy.

Freddie is quite chuffed with himself. And he loves the doggy treats that were tied to his Easter candle. Mind you I'm not sure what he's going to do with the candle but I thought it was a cute idea.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

My brother had a minor accident in the car yesterday. He was very lucky that it WAS only minor. He fell asleep at the wheel whilst driving home from the swimming pool. The car hit the kerb and went onto the pavement, waking him up as it did so, and he was able to get the the car back under control. This happened in a built up area, so it was very fortunate he didn't hit any pedestrians or other cars. The only damage was to one of the wheels, which will probably have to be replaced. He's rather shaken up. Hopefully he will learn whatever lesson(s) he needs to learn.

Comment

totally random but here was one of my easter eggs, posting it cos I think it's pretty (pls excuse jelly belly LOL) and one of the real Pingu..

I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Recluse;1294203 wrote: My brother had a minor accident in the car yesterday. He was very lucky that it WAS only minor. He fell asleep at the wheel whilst driving home from the swimming pool. The car hit the kerb and went onto the pavement, waking him up as it did so, and he was able to get the the car back under control. This happened in a built up area, so it was very fortunate he didn't hit any pedestrians or other cars. The only damage was to one of the wheels, which will probably have to be replaced. He's rather shaken up. Hopefully he will learn whatever lesson(s) he needs to learn.
                      Oh goodness Reccie What a shock. :upset:

Just about to read back

Hello Pingu

Comment

hello anon

OMG falling asleep at the wheel is one of my worst nightmares, I get so tired and I hate driving when I;m tired.. hope your brother is OK Reccy

Comment

God Reckie, he was blessed!

I love the navel Pingu.

I am home about 15 mins and exhausted and am completely kidded out. Rushing out to a class now in a bit...it's all bleedin go.
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Recluse;1294203 wrote: My brother had a minor accident in the car yesterday. He was very lucky that it WAS only minor. He fell asleep at the wheel whilst driving home from the swimming pool. The car hit the kerb and went onto the pavement, waking him up as it did so, and he was able to get the the car back under control. This happened in a built up area, so it was very fortunate he didn't hit any pedestrians or other cars. The only damage was to one of the wheels, which will probably have to be replaced. He's rather shaken up. Hopefully he will learn whatever lesson(s) he needs to learn.
                            Reccie - glad to hear your brother is okay. Younger son once fell asleep at the wheel. Luckily at the same time he nodded off, his brother called him on the cell phone and woke him up. He used to drive very tired very late at night. It worried me sick. He'd stop and park in a parking lot sometimes and sleep for a couple of hours. I can't tell you how many times I'd get up at 6 am to go to work and he'd not be home yet and I'd be frantic wondering where he was. I don't think he does that now that he lives with his girlfriend. At least I have a lot less worry as far as that is concerned.

Hiya Mrs. A, Oney-bint and Pingu.
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

here's something funny for you on this crap cold April evening

just let tigger into the bath with me and after a bit of prodding around at various parts of my body and metal things therein, she came out with this classic

"mummy, are your boobs meant to hang down like that"

bloody charming!!!!!

Comment

General good evenings, wavings and yooooooooooooo hoooooooooooos.

Glad your brother's OK, Reccybear.

Having a wee smile at your daughter, Pinguu.

So pleased you had a good afternoon, Molls.
                                I'll park me backside anywhere theses days.
                                The daughter got cross with me one day for perching on a display in one of these 'if you're over a size 8 and over 25 don't bother coming in here places'. Me legs were tired and I was holding the credit card she soon saw sense.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X