Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread monday 9th April

Good morning you lazy lot.....!

oh shite I just realised you lucky lot have holiday today.. Grrr..we don't it's back to work etc..
    well have a lovely monday holiday :l :l

Morning Jan and everyone else to come Easter Monday=Holiday here too. Thank God-I'm still digesting chocolates and the kids are sleeping off their sugar high. We'll be back in form for work and school tomorrow.
    I saw that you "ran past" last night Inchy! Well done on one week!:l

Comment

Ahoy there one and all soldiers! Great to be here, happily sober. Loving perusing the site and checking up on you all:H:H... It's nearly the end of Easter Monday down here in shaky ole NZ, and it's been a wonderful blessed long weekend.

I remember the days only toooo dam well when the main thing Easter meant to me was getting enough supplies from the bottle shop to cover the two days when alcohol was not readily available in shops... One year, my supermarket receipt read: Country medium (Boxed wine - 2 litres) x seven plus cat food and one litre of milk....sigh. Lest we forget - it's no laughing matter deep down, but that WAS my life, on and off for over 20 years...

>>NOT today! And I do try to stay in the present - and my sobriety today equals a gift to actually BE 'present'.

See yall soon - big hugs - I hope you like my new avatar - darling spongebob is shoved aside for dear Henry (he is real!):thanks:

Comment

Good morning Jan & Expattie

Fusking cold here today. It must've been around 8C when I put the wheelie bin out earlier. The kids are back to school tomorrow. How they're going to drag their arses out of bed is anyone's guess.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post, hiya Kapone
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Pattie :l

Nice to see you back in the mornings yep my lot over killed on the chocolate last night..they came for dinner and I gave them a present of loads of different choccy things instead of an hollow egg..!

You're lucky having holiday today ! wonder what the difference is???? spain and othe euro countries are back to normality today...Mmm dunno, do you ??

Comment

I think it may be a commonwealth thing, ladyj - not 100% but when I was a kid we had THURSDAY (of last week before easter friday) too - yay for then!

Comment

ladyjan;1293975 wrote: Morning Pattie :l

Nice to see you back in the mornings yep my lot over killed on the chocolate last night..they came for dinner and I gave them a present of loads of different choccy things instead of an hollow egg..!

You're lucky having holiday today ! wonder what the difference is???? spain and othe euro countries are back to normality today...Mmm dunno, do you ??
                had a quickie look on google-Estonia, Malta, parts of Spain, Portugal-don't celebrate Easter Monday. I don't know why.

Comment

And hello Kapone and Tips!
                  So busy over here googling Easter rituals and the like....:H
                  Going for another cup of coffee.

Comment

Hiya Kapone good to see you doing so well and with a positive atitude..:goodjob:

Morning Tiggerooooooooooooooonie:l are you on holiday down there as well ??

Comment

Mmmmm think I'm gonna put the coffee on, normally it's tea first then coffee, but I need a kick stat this morn, busy day,

9am having stiches out, 11am court case 1pm another courtcase...!!

yes we have thursday & friday off, well all banks and admin & Gov depts, banks and most shops, but friday everything is closed...all off down the beach for four days..:beach:

Comment

thanks, ladyj - always lovely to get such positive comments about oneself in type lol...the weather sure does help - we've had a crap summer down here but the last four days have been totally mint. - What time is it for most of you? I'm picking about 6.30am Monday morn?

Comment

It's 8.39 am here (France). Love your cat avatar-he's beautiful. And cuddly:l
                          Off to walk the dog. bacinabit x

Comment

Here in the Canary islands, we are at 7:55am

Comment

Good morning ladyjan,expat,mr tips & kapone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X