Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread monday 9th April

mollyka;1294056 wrote: Yuck:upset:
    Did ya have a nice day yesterday Jacks? I quite enjoyed myself but definitely a bit of cabin fever today --- heading into town shortly to meet a friend for lunch
    It was rather nice, but I'm with you on the cabin fever. We're orff up to the garden centre soon. Might nip into the shopping centre near there on the way back.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good Morning Troopers!!

Sounds like a lot of you OD'd on choccie yesterday.

Mario - I'm sorry you lost your job and I hope you find something suitable soon.

Mrs. A - glad to see you're feeling better but I think you should take it easy for a while longer.

Satz - hope they get your daughter's leg fixed up ASAP. Blood clots are dangerous, nothing they should fool around with.

:wavin: to all the Army. Wishing you all a...

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

mollyka;1294063 wrote: Cud do with the garden centre ...... ah couldn't be arsed at the mo Adam really ticked me off yesterday --- can't even put words on it, but I'm not getting this shit from Joe or Joey or even from Jill or Simon -- he's sort of cynical with me, and it's as if I make a joke he's thinkin 'what's she joking about - after all the shit she caused' -- nothing SAID -- just blah...... I know it's not good for me, they even told me down in the centre to work on my self-esteem and be a bit less hard on myself -- I was putting the fact that I was unsettled by him yesterday down to the sugar rush but I still feel the same today. No words said as such so I can't even have 'that' conversation with him.
        Sorry folks, don't even bother replying - needed to put it in writing I think - it's not a biggie --- at all -- just a bit cranky I s'pose:lMolly, talk about it here - as much as you need to, then let it go. Adam may have issues of his own about your past drinking that he has to work on himself. Just do what you are already doing - staying sober and proving that you have turned over a new page. At some point he'll realize that you have turned things around and start to be proud of you. If he doesn't then maybe you can talk to him in a few months from now. Don't let it bother you because at this point, you really can't do anything and as you know, you need to concentrate on your sobriety and, as they said at the centre - you're self-esteem. You are doing a super job here and the change in you is so obvious to all of us here. Adam is bound to see it too at some point. If not, then you will find a way to talk to him about it and let him know how very hard you are trying to leave all of the past behind you and that you will never go back there again.
        mollyka;1294064 wrote:
        Mornin Stirls - xpost there!! Feel guilty already for moaning!! How are you today??
        Why do you feel guilty about writing down how you feel? That's all part of the process and it's the reason we're all here. For the support. FFS, if you can't talk about it here, where the heck can you talk about it? We're the ones who understand best what you're going through. :l

I'm fine, thank you. I have to go pick up Freddie now. I left him to get his hair done. I just hope he doesn't look like this when they're finished with him...

Comment

Morning cirly wirly stirly girly.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;1294067 wrote: Molly, talk about it here - as much as you need to, then let it go. Adam may have issues of his own about your past drinking that he has to work on himself. Just do what you are already doing - staying sober and proving that you have turned over a new page. At some point he'll realize that you have turned things around and start to be proud of you. If he doesn't then maybe you can talk to him in a few months from now. Don't let it bother you because at this point, you really can't do anything and as you know, you need to concentrate on your sobriety and, as they said at the centre - you're self-esteem. You are doing a super job here and the change in you is so obvious to all of us here. Adam is bound to see it too at some point. If not, then you will find a way to talk to him about it and let him know how very hard you are trying to leave all of the past behind you and that you will never go back there again.

Why do you feel guilty about writing down how you feel? That's all part of the process and it's the reason we're all here. For the support. FFS, if you can't talk about it here, where the heck can you talk about it? We're the ones who understand best what you're going through. :l

I'm fine, thank you. I have to go pick up Freddie now. I left him to get his hair done. I just hope he doesn't look like this when they're finished with him...

Stirly's right Molls. Ignore him. He should cop on . I'm assuming he's your son? Live your life and let him live in the past if he wants. His choice. Sorry but these kids are so into themselves and their image it ridiculous !!!!!!

Comment

Gonna bring Sarah to St Vincent's this avo. Maybe marry her off to a cute doctor
              Bit a a snob our Sars- no queueing in Blanch for 6 hours for her. And cost nothing with VHI?

Comment

JackieClaire;1294069 wrote: Morning cirly wirly stirly girly.:hello: JackieClaire
                satz123;1294073 wrote:
                Gonna bring Sarah to St Vincent's this avo. Maybe marry her off to a cute doctor
                Bit a a snob our Sars- no queueing in Blanch for 6 hours for her. And cost nothing with VHI?
                Hiya Satz!! Who is Sarah? What is Blanch and what is VHI?

Freddie after his bath and blow dry. Nice clean pup. Now here's something cute. The woman who grooms him is nuts about animals. It being Easter this coming Sunday, she's made up Easter candles for all the animules. You can see Freddie's in the bottom left corner of the picture. It's got a wee bag of doggy treats tied to in.

Comment

Morning all! I decided Friday that I was going to take today off - kind of a mental health day after the shit week I had last week! Hope everyones's Easter was wonderful. Ours was low key but wonderful. I even got to sleep in a little! YAY! Hope everyone is wonderful and talk later.

Waggy
                  February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

stirly-girly;1294081 wrote: :hello: JackieClaire
                    Hiya Satz!! Who is Sarah? What is Blanch and what is VHI?

Freddie after his bath and blow dry. Nice clean pup. Now here's something cute. The woman who grooms him is nuts about animals. It being Easter this coming Sunday, she's made up Easter candles for all the animules. You can see Freddie's in the bottom left corner of the picture. It's got a wee bag of doggy treats tied to in.

OMG. That is soooooo cute:h
                    Sorry Stirly. Sarah is daughter. Blanch is public hospital in Dubln. VHI is privately paid healthcare in Ireland that me her go to less busy hospital.

Comment

Poxy phone. Should read : let her go

Comment

Wagoneer;1294082 wrote: Morning all! I decided Friday that I was going to take today off - kind of a mental health day after the shit week I had last week! Hope everyones's Easter was wonderful. Ours was low key but wonderful. I even got to sleep in a little! YAY! Hope everyone is wonderful and talk later.

WaggyGood choice, Waggy. You really need a day for yourself after that scare with your sister. Do something to pamper yourself today.:l
                        mollyka;1294085 wrote: Sorry 4 unloading an runnin! On de bus now - thanks girls - I know ur right :-) wouldn't mind except 4 dat horrible day over Christmas Adam was NEVER around when I was drinkin bad - he's almost 30 FFS and hasn't lived at home since he finished college! Actually just had a good chat wit Joey and he says Ad WAS a miserable git yesterday - so there!!!! Hope Sarah gets on ok today Satz - have ta say 6 hrs in Blanch A&E wudnt appeal to me either :-) let us no how it goes xxMolly, please don't apologize again for talking about your problems. That's what we're all here for - to listen to each other and to vent when necessary. Not just for a good laugh although that is always welcome. Hope your day at work goes well.
                        mollyka;1294087 wrote:
                        XPost Wags - just wot de doc ordered - enjoy an 'indulgence' day xx Oh and Freddie looks COOL Stirls!!!

POXY SHAGGIN FONE !!
                        Thanks, he sure is clean. But I haven't given him any of the doggy treats on his candle and he's complaining.:H I have never used my phone to post here. I actually dislike sending text messages from it because I have large fingers and keep hitting two letters at once or the wrong one and then I have to correct and it annoys the heck out of me. Better from the computer or the lappy.
                        satz123;1294092 wrote:
                        OMG. That is soooooo cute:h
                        Sorry Stirly. Sarah is daughter. Blanch is public hospital in Dubln. VHI is privately paid healthcare in Ireland that me her go to less busy hospital.
                        Okay, I hope they get her looked after ASAP. When my MIL had a blood clot in her thigh some years ago, they found out where it was with a machine they had and did surgery right away. Her leg had gone numb from the lack of circulation in it. The doctor told us that she had to have surgery immediately or there would be a chance of amputation. So make sure they don't fool around and get her looked after right away. Insist on it. Blood clots are dangerous and can move to the lungs, brain or heart. I don't want to scare you but they need to find it and remove it or dissolve it as soon as they can. Please keep us updated.

Comment

Afternoon all. Having a lazy one here. Just paired a thousand pairs of sox. I hate that job...
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

pingu1997;1294106 wrote: Afternoon all. Having a lazy one here. Just paired a thousand pairs of sox. I hate that job...
                            Bet you have odd one

Comment

Anyone know where Limers is. Hasn't posted for days - I miss her:upset:

Comment

And Oney? Come on girlies Molls needs your advice - one of her brats giving her guff

Comment

Working...
                                X