Was going so well....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was going so well....

Well after going a month af I buggered up this weekend. And for the most stupid of reasons, I was angry at my fiancee, he gets into me about my son, and I get so tired of defending him, (he's a normal 20 year old), and anyway after listening to another bout of son bashing I went home and bought beer. I'm kicking myself, and more determined than ever to stay off the alchohol, dumb me for being sucked in again, and doing out of spite and anger is even dumber. I'm so disappointed in myself, and feeling pretty ashamed as well for making a dick out of myself.

I don't think my fiancee will forgive me, he has told me if I have so much as one sip of alcohol we are over, so imagine we are over, and quite honestly I don't know what to feel.

Please some advice. Feeling shit.
    :thanks: :h

Was going so well....

slips oops

Hey Jasimn, everyone slips up, its not important to beat yourself up, you've been doing really well. I have a question.... are you giving up drinking for your boyfriend? or for you , or for your son? Nobody elses opinion is important but your own, its all about you. Its all about working with what you have and what youe love and treasure about yourself and your surrounds, doing a little better every day for your self, you can do it.. treat your self today as if it were your birthday, celebrate AF and get out of your black hole. put on some really loud music and dance untill you can hardley breath
    Ez

Comment

Was going so well....

Hi Jasmin,
      Many times before I have managed to stay away from the bottle only to jump right back into it at the first sign of emotional upheaval.Thats what our alcoholic beast is waiting for and takes you by the hand to the bottle shop.You just have to tell yourself that dealing with the issues and not drowning them is the best way out.Its hard for us drunks but we got to learn its the only way.I dont know your fiance but I do know I dont like men with altermatims.My partner has stuck by me as a drunk and he has encouraged me through being sober and thats how it should be.Remember you chose to be sober for yourself,not him and he should be supporting you through your journey, not being a human speed hump on your path.
      Dont be too down on yourself, as you said in your post your more determined than ever to give up the grog.
      In the future, when your feeling crappy, come on here and pour your heart out instead of pouring a couple of strong ones.
      A month,how good was that!Bet you didnt think you could do that.But you can and you will again.
      Remember, this path is yours and the longer you stay on it the better you become at facing the bumps in the road.
      We're all here for you.
      Love
      Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Working...
      X