Army Thread Saturday April 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright you lazy bums, cant believe no one started this thread yet for today. Me thinks too much cock yesterday has led to sleeping in? (For those who dont understand that, read yesterdays thread)

Now up and adam! For me, its past midnight and I need some sleep.

Good night all and see ya's tomorrow!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Morning Red!

Too much cock??????? I am heading directly to yesterdays thread :H
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hiya Starts - great to see you. Just about the end of Saturday day down here - have had a goodie, keeping it simple. Off out shortly for a bit of a catch up with a couple of mates.

Hope you're going great, and hello all to come

Comment

Hiya Kapo!

Yes I am grand thanks. Its Saturday morn here and I am still in my purple pit
        I read about your kids on last nights thread. So proud of you mums who are all making it work

Comment

Aw thanks honey - it's a balancing act that's for sure - but the main 'working' ingredients are love and tolerance of each other, the love part is easy, the tolerance has to be worked on HARD at times. And then of, course there's all the extended family dynamics, which I was always automatically excluded from (thankfully, at the time) as a result of my drinking. It's a bit different these days, that's for sure!

Hey, starts, I've been a bit worried about Cy - do you know if he is OK. I have PMd him, to no response yet.

Comment

I know what you mean about the tolerance. Mine wavers I must say.

Have you tried to catch him on FB? I know he is there a lot. As for being ok, I think he is sometimes. I guess thats the most honest answer

Comment

Thanks, darl - I have a sneaky peek on FB - I'm just not much of a fan of that place...

As for ole tolerance, I grit my teeth in the midst of my less tolerant moments and chant over and over to myself 'love and tolerance are my code/love and tolerance are my code' and sometimes that helps me relax, or at least unclenches my teeth:H. I've learned a lot from more wise sober alcoholics than I, and gradually I am morphing into one of them! God Starts, I have changed so darn dramatically in the last few years its unbelievable even to myself at times,...

Comment

Me too Kapo. I am a TOTALLY different person. More confident, more outgoing but also less tolerant of accepting second best.
                I dont have much family any more, just a brother really. My mum died in 2010 and that experience has had quite an impact too.

Comment

Sad to hear that, Starts...I hope you and your brother are able to make the word 'family' worthwhile. There are so many sort of families about, MWO is full of my alkie family members, as is AA. My mum died in 2006 and I probably haven't 'grieved' for her yet, and maybe I won't. Death is not as hard as it might be, I suppose. I've had quite a few close people die, and never really felt a whole lot, it would be different if it were one's own children I'm sure, or maybe I'm so pickled from all my drinking time I've fucked that part of me up as a human being. Who knows? I strived for stoicism most of my later adult life, and sadly, I think I have gained it. Maybe time to start new goals as a sober gal.

Did your mum die of something awful? Mine had Motor Neurone Disease, and it was worse than Mr Hitler - so incredibly cruel. Have you grieved properly, do you think? I feel a bit sad for you not having much 'family' or perhaps it's a good thing? Whatever it is, as long as it's acceptable, usually it's not going to harm our sober-ness.

Hope I'm not rambling - I;m not taking time to pre-read my posts as I;m in a bit of a rush, but want to get my words out!

Comment

Actually I think its easier really, I feel I dont have to really prove myself. In a way the pressure is off. My mum died of brain, lung and breast cancer. I looked after her until she died for the final month and am very very grateful to have been given that opportunity. We were able to say sorry and that we loved each other.
                    Your mums illness must have been absolute hell. A long drawn out torture for you all. I think I have grieved, but who knows really
                    I think I am a bit harder than I used to be in some ways. I dunno, its all a learning curve isnt it?

Comment

It sure is that, darl - the learning curve that is. I had a very similar time with my mum as you did, re the last month's gift of looking after her before death - we had some great laughs (mum couldn't talk or eat, but the humour was still there) and she had this AMAZING faith in that she was going to be with God and that was that, she was well-sorted in herself...I miss her every day, but I wouldn't have wished her back here for a minute with that dead-wanky disease. We were lucky, Starts, with our mums - ya know?

I'm jut bloody grateful to have had the guts to come back again to MWO, tail between legs-ish and say to you all, "UM, hi, here I am AGAIN" and have the instant acceptance you, oney and limers (among MANY others) have always given me. THANKS from the whole of my heart

Comment

We were lucky Kapo, they have made us pretty tough I reckon.

Its GREAT to have you back. You have no idea how delighted I am to see you doing so well. I know its not been easy, but you are an inspiration Kapo

Comment

Thanks Starts - I know I never believed I could be the kind of person I am today, and be so contented to be sober. Many of my sobrieties were just hanging in there after the first couple of weeks when my health came back and I got my shite together again. A lot of self-sabotage...hell, i didn't need to cut myself or anything like that, I'd do the exact same thing every time I picked up a bottle.

And everyone is so bloody happy with me lately it's sickening :H - I don;t need that bloody pedestal, and I certainly do not deserve it. I believe in miracles because I am one.

Two years ago I was drinking around the clock, and looking like I would be dead by 40 - seriously, . Today I am running, (and running a home), have my driver's license back, have bought three cars (given two away) and have a healthy bank balance and have earned every cent myself legally! :h
                          (Needless to say, a whole lot of my sobriety this time round is owing to the fact that I've decided not to do men any more. Well not for the forseeable future. Me and relationships always equal DRUNK. It took a while to get honest with myself about that).

Comment

Good morning Red, Starterooooo and yoooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo Kapo,

Aww Kapo I'm so glad you came back. It's gonna be great getting to know you.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Shucks, JC - cheers for that, and me too you. How'd you be this morning (I'm picking you're in the morning part of the world)

Comment

Working...
                              X