Army Thread Saturday April 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing I am learning Kapo, is the buck stops with US. No one else. NO ONE is responsible for us and who we let in to our lives is OUR responsibility.
    I thought you were dead, seriously I did.
    It was the same for me too, doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same result.
    I am having tough relationship issues at the moment, but so glad I am sober through it. At least I know that what I am experiencing is real. And there is no running away from real is there.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning JC. How you feeling hun?

Comment

Well, I've been to insanity and back many times but the drinking over and over and OVER again and expecting a DIFFERENT result always strikes me as the maddest behaviour, as the only differences were that the results were worse...disastrously worse. In AA we say alks have three outcomes if they don't stop drinking; Jails, Institutions & death, I have done the first two and lived like a dead corpse while still alive. I had nothing left to lose and my time was running out fast. I actually tried HARD drugs for the first time when I hit 40 ...because I didn't want to drink (I had 5 weeks sober) and so my totally 'logical' next thought became, 'why don't I stick a needle in my arm'...and so I did. That lasted about a month and I was drinking again. then jail happened.

But that's all shitty water under the bridge.

TODAY I am sober and clean and a functioning, happy human being x

Comment

Good morning kapone,Jackie c and startingover.

Great ladies you all are.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Supermario!!! How are you today?

Comment

I think the key is hanging out with other inspirational peeps. it keeps us focussed.

Morning Mario! You are a an awesome bloke too you know xx

Right lovelies, I must away for a spot of dogging. I will see you all later xx

Comment

Morning Marioooooooo,

I'm feeling grand,Stars, ta for arsking. Decided to get proactive and get me arse of the pity pot. Just a few simple things and it worked.

Crikey, Kapo, you're going to have to write a book or at least please put your story out here on MWO.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mario - I need to ask this....I have been in and out of MWO for about five years and you have been there most of that time - if not all of it - is your avatar you??? Or is it someone that everyone else in the western world knows about except I who live in Bikini Bottom of the world??!!

Comment

JC - I put my story up here a few years ago - I'd be priveleged if you took time to read it. It sure needs an update:H:H

Comment

I shall look for it, Kapo.

Sorry didn't answer your question. I'm up in the NE of Engerland.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have never been - well not yet, but I'll bet its lovely. what are your plans for the weekend and how are you now the pity pot's been sorted

Comment

Good morning, Army

Slept in for a bit this morning. Off to get some coffee.
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ahoy there tippers - I'm off shortly for a cuppa with a friend - hope to see you back here in a bit, and you too JC - thanks for being here

Comment

kapone;1296540 wrote: Mario - I need to ask this....I have been in and out of MWO for about five years and you have been there most of that time - if not all of it - is your avatar you??? Or is it someone that everyone else in the western world knows about except I who live in Bikini Bottom of the world??!!
                              No kapone its not me, just found it

Comment

Morning mr tips :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X