Good news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

Day 2 here-doing OK. BUT great news! I love riding horses and I found a 300 acre horse farm VERY close by. It's of course going to cost me to ride there but I cannot wait!
    A beautiful place basically right down the street. It's amazing!

So- a new place to hang out and do something I love and do it sober. I have to do an evaluation ride to see where I fit. I am SO looking forward to this.

Good news

That's great news Ann! I love to ride too. I used to have horses when I was a kid and haven't ridden in a few years but would love to get back into it. Have a great time!!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good news

Awesome news, even!!!
      Have a great time, Anne!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good news

Right on Ann! Man, that must be awesome.......clear head....seeing Nature in all its glory......well done
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Good news

Ann 221;1296903 wrote: Day 2 here-doing OK. BUT great news! I love riding horses and I found a 300 acre horse farm VERY close by. It's of course going to cost me to ride there but I cannot wait!
          A beautiful place basically right down the street. It's amazing!

So- a new place to hang out and do something I love and do it sober. I have to do an evaluation ride to see where I fit. I am SO looking forward to this.
          Awesome Ann! You deserve to do something you love in your new sober life! Good luck!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good news

Well Done Ann, when is the assessment?

Comment

Good news

Very good day 2 Ann
              I am with you on my second day. Love riding horses, we are in the same state. North Carolina
              Just i dont even have the energy to lift a piece of paper but cannot even get myself to sleep.

Comment

Good news

The best thing about being sober is that you find so much time (and money) to do the things that you truly love to do - like riding horses, because you no longer have a rotten hangover for days at a time! Well done Ann, keep up the good work and enjoy your new lfe.
                If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

Good news

Hi Ann,
                  Like you, I love riding horses. I have been fortunate enough to own a few over the past years, & if you like, pm me your email address & I can send you some photos of mine....they are Quarterhorses & we do cutting & pleasure riding & an Australian sport called Campdrafting which i can explain to you if you like!!!!

Comment

Good news

This is my favourite mare, called Jewel, she is now rising 7, trying to get her in foal to a cutting-bred stallion.....she is very athletic & very keen to please...deleted photo

Comment

Good news

& I can't resist this shot, but i'll delete it soon - please don't quote this anyone in things.....
                      I just love this mare....deleted photo.
                      I hope you got to see them Ann!!

Comment

Good news

Coriander, beautiful photos of you and the horse!!

Ann, so happy for you..........sounds like you've got a good plan!

:lilheart:

UN

Comment

Good news

That's great Ann! Onward and upward!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good news

Coriander, just gorgeous. Such a reason to keep it together.
                            Ann, when you figure out how much AL has cost you, and would cost you down the road if you keep at it, you'll come out cheaply paying to ride. If it hasn't happened, you face losing friends and respect from everyone around you, maybe wrecked cars, DUI's, and in some cases killing innocent people on the road. It happens all too often to people just like us. And there's something about riding horses that is cathartic. Why do you think they are used in rehabilitaion programs from injured and sick children and adults? You can let them help heal you, give you a great reason to stay sober. I think a big HOORAY is in order for finding 'your own way out' in such a beautiful way. Best wishes!!!
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                            X