Reflections on Two Years of Sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here it is, my two year sobriety milestone. No celebration, no confetti, just appreciation. I joined MWO in November of '09. I remember that day well. I had the hangover of all hangovers. I used to call those hellovers. I remember the welcomes, some newbies but mainly senior members making statements about how they never knew they could be so happy. I was extremely skeptical at first, but did a lot of reading through the threads. Some posts made me laugh, some a bit weepy. Some of the posts had a mythical bent to them. I was waiting to hear “Ten points for Gryffindor” hollered through my computer speakers I used to read about all the happy sober people and think I’d stumbled on a secret society of blissed out spiritualists with horrible pasts. I am so very happy I stuck with MWO.

I have learned much in my two years sober. I have learned to appreciate the beauty of morning without the the headaches and nausea. I now embrace the day with excitement and wonder. More importantly I have learned selflessness, humility, and friendship. I've made personal discoveries as well. I think I have found a level of contentment, and happiness. I have grown into a better person than that hungover guy back in late autumn '09.

I owe a profound thanks and debt of gratitude to all you who have helped nurture me along this road. Your support and encouragement are undying. I sincerely appreciate every shoulder you've allowed me to lean on. For your love and kindness I will be eternally grateful. God bless everyone of you.

Peace,
    Techie
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Oh Techie, congrats on two years! Now you are one of the ones that we newbies are so inspired by. I look forward to making my two year post just like you in two years.
    Congratulations!!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Amazing Techie! You are truly an inspiration here at MWO and this place would not be the same without you.

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! I know you will continue for a lifetime.
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

A lovely uplifting and positive post Techie
        You have come so far in such a short time despite some fairly horrendous bumps in the road...
        And you give it all back, your happiness, your contentment
        For others.
        Fantastic on your 2 years!!!
        So happy for you

Patrice x

Comment

Most Awesome, two years....wow, something to be very proud of.

If you all dont stop stopping, Ima run out of these things soon..............lol

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1828706=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Great stuff Techie. Congratulations.

You are an inspiration, and it's a real pleasure to know you, and share our journey's.

Keep it going bro!

Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I remember your first, incredibly powerful post.

Be very, very proud today, Techie.

:l

Comment

Has it really been 2 years? It goes so fast. Congratulations to a first rate gentleman with a wow sense of humour and owner of bone stimulator just like mine!
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Wow, what an awesome post! From an awesome guy.

Thank you Techie and huge congrats on your 2 year mile stone. Very very happy for you :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wow I hadn't realized you were that far along! Superb! I remember your story well and the world is a better place since you pulled yourself out of that bottle! Thanks for being all that you are.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Well done you wonderful quiet achiever! Who would know - which is why we love you. Ordering the coffee to celebrate as we speak. And expecting many more humourous piccies, clips and other stuff to be seen hanging in the Undies. xx hp

Comment

Techie - So very happy for you! You are an amazing person. Thank you for helping us all as you walked this road. :l
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 YEARS AF!!

Techie I joined at much the same time as you and I can remember in the early days you and I keeping the fun monthly threads going. I say there is lots to celebrate and throw confetti about when you think how far you have come. You have aways been a great positive guy with amazing energy and an incredible outlook at whatever life throws at you, MWO is definitely a better place having you around.

As I sit here early Sunday morning with my coffee and no "hellover" I share your appreciation for the wonderful life sobriety has given us. Techie Im really really proud of you and the person you have grown into. :l

love
                          Chill
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Techie, you didn't think you were going to get away without a few fireworks on this fantastic achievement.

Congratulations, hun.

J x
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done Techie, two years without a Hellover , i like that.

:alf: :alf: :alf: :alf: :alf:
                              AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Working...
                              X