What was th turning point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being banned from my grandchildren's lives, after spending a night in the drunk tank with a certifiably insane black woman who took the food they shoved at me and I didn't want. That was my rock bottom.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hiya RW - yes, the grandchildy thing would surely have done it for me if I had any - hats totally off to you and great to see you - it's been a while.

thanks red & mamaB - I am certainly the person I am supposed to be without alcohol, and quite the demon when I drink - bless you both

And Cellist - welcome and good stuff! I hope we see more of your journey back to wellness and sanity!

Comment

Good idea for a thread Sunflower, I definitely needed this reminder.

On April 2, 2011 I woke up and my live in (also heavy drinking) boyfriend was on the couch. He said that I acted like a crazy person the night before, we had had terrible fight and broke up. He then told me that he took our car out for drive with friend and smashed it and hurt his ribs. Could I take him to the hospital? On the way back from hospital (he was just bruised from seat belt) we proceeded to get more alcohol and drink all day. I remember up to about 4pm or so and woke up again and he was gone. He had moved back to his parents house. I asked once a couple days later if we could work on things, and he said no, which even I could see was for the best. We had become drinking buddies without much romance or hope for a future. That wasn't enough to make me quit but it did radically increase my anxiety and guilt.

On August 4, 2011, a Thursday, I had vacation days from Monday - Wed, but was so hungover from bender that I called in sick Thursday. I became so anxious about going back in to work on Friday that I started drinking in morning and thought it best I call in sick for Friday. So I called on that Thursday around noon (I work for conservative accounting office) and spoke to my supervisor and asked for Friday off as well. I shudder at thinking what I sounded like although I must have thought I sounded just fine. A colleague called to check up on me and by then I was much more loaded, and it was his voice I can remember, he knew I was wasted. I ended up drinking again on Friday, but poured out the rest of my bottle of vodka and huddled on couch with blanket knowing there had to be better way of life. I was shaky, and so scared of reaction at work, my self esteem in tatters, miserable and ashamed. I found MWO on Saturday morning and it has helped give me so much awareness and support. I have had few episodes of drinking since then but not one blackout.

I have been slowly getting my self confidence back and growing up (I'm 35) and plan to never have a drink again!

Comment

Woke up in the ICU room with tubes in my body where no tube had ever gone before.......and really no idea how I got there....although I was having flashbacks of the day/night before.

Yup, that was the last day I drank AL, still have the hospital band on the fridge for moments of weakness
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

When I went out drunkenly wandering the neighborhood with the dogs, stopped at a neighbors for an hour, came home to my kid crying her eyes out because she didn't know where I was and I hadn't taken my phone with me.

She also had a letter written about how she hates beer and cigarettes and that she cries everyday because she thinks I am going to die.

That was the day I really started my quit. I've had ups and downs and stops and starts. I had 257 sober days in 2011. I am now on day 112....and I never want to go back to 1.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
            X