Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baclofen only for Anxiety - which dosage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks,

I know about the whole Baclofen-Alcohol-thing, because my father has been alcohol-addicted for decades, without any treatment having success.... until we heart about Baclofen by chance... and, happily, things are a lot better since then. Though he still had 2 relapses, the difference is enourmous... (and he only takes a very low dose like 30mg a day and does not want to go the strategy of titrating up to doses like most of you describe as your points of alcohol-indifference.

While I have not become alcohol addicted yet, I am sure that I have a very similar underlying generalized anxiety like most of you or Dr. Ameisen describe it - and I am sure that I would already be alcohol-addicted, if I weren't so extremly careful because of my fathers history and if I hadn't taken anxiolytic meds already in the last years... however, I wonder whether baclofen may help me with my anxiety as much as many of you describe it... now my questions:

1. How long does it take to feel anxiolytic effects?
    2. Which dose do you need for anxiolytic effects?
    3. Did you get your main anxiety-benefit also at the high-dose-turning-point? So should I also titrate up so extremely to "turn" my anxiety around, or is the anxiolytic effect more linear in its dose-effect-relation?
    4. Do side-effects vanish over time, or are there long-run side effects on fatigue, weight, sexuality?

Would be great if some people shared their expierences with me.

:welcome: to MWO Brosius

You might want to re-post this thread in the Meds section: Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums
    You're more likely to get responses to your questions there.

The anxiolytic effects of baclofen are different for everybody. For some it happens almost immediately at low doses, whils some have to titrate higher to achieve the same effect. A lot of individuals have also reported a return of anxiety at high doses. Generally speaking, the anxiolytic effect does seem to be felt a fairly low doses. Why not just start of at a very low dose and follow a conservative titration? You'll find examples of titration schedules and loads of additional information about baclofen here: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-50513.html
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
    X