What was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was I thinking?

Good Morning Everyone, Just a quick post to check in as I am off to work 8.00am in oz and a beautiful Autumn Day! Last night when I got home I was exhausted a very busy day at work and for a while thought how nice would a glass of wine would be. Even thought of going off AB so I could drink at the weekend??????******!!@#$%^%^What the hell was I thinking???? A drink and then what a bottle or two? A massive hangover the next day? AL can sure creep up on you and tap u on he shoulder. Anyhow, got through it some how. Definately need to be aware of the triggers!! Thanks forlistening will post again later. Hope eveyone has a nice AF day.

What was I thinking?

Boozer
    so proud of you for getting through it.
    What doesnt kill us will make us stronger and urges DO pass....I promise
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What was I thinking?

Well done getting through that! :goodjob:

Comment

What was I thinking?

A sneaky little shit is alcohol.
        Next time he comes up behind you, you'll be ready with a swift kick in the goullies.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

What was I thinking?

Well done in getting past the trigger. AL won't do anything good. You may feel "relaxed" somewhat, but you would be too down from drinking to feel it and we all know the relaxed feeling is nothing but bull crap.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What was I thinking?

Good job Boozer, you beat the Beast!

I have those thoughts too "if I quit AB today I can drink in 5 days"....like drinking is some sort of reward? NOT, it's a punishment actually, one I don't deserve and neither do you.

Remember 2 things:

-A craving never lasts as long as a hangover
            -Nobody ever woke up thinking "I wish I got drunk last night!"

Keep it up my friend!

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What was I thinking?

Boozer...
              at 2 weeks AF this time, the demon bit me in the ass last night HARD......out of NOWHERE
              and this was after a great AA meeting and everything.......
              Jeez Oh Pete
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

What was I thinking?

Boozer

Well done. Good on u to kick that demon into touch. Today is the start of my 2nd week AF free. I'm beginning to realise that even though you quit drinking all the triggers are still there and to become AF is also a lifestyle change. I also realised that I was drinking due to boredom and becoming a couch potato. I'm starting to get back into the gym, running and just relaxing. One day at a time
                AF 20-05-2012

Comment

What was I thinking?

I can relate
                  I meet someone and they drink
                  Wow the cravings are so awful every little stress i think of alcohol to turn to.
                  Getting better tho

Comment

What was I thinking?

Well done for recognising it for what it was and getting past it - bet you feel proud now!! A good reminder that it can blind side you out of the blue. I do remember it got easier, but then I got too relaxed and 3 months AF went back to 3 years drinking. Not this time! Can't allow my guard down for a second as I know this will happen :teeter: !

Congratulations to all for getting past the last craving :goodjob: - that's one more round to you!
                    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                    Goals:
                    Days 1-7 DONE
                    Days 8-14 DONE
                    Days 15-21 DONE
                    30 days DONE
                    60 days
                    100 days

Comment

Working...
                    X