Army thread Thursday 19th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to the garage and the mechanic is dead nice he had a look at it and said its not worth putting it through its MOT and told me to scrap it and he didn't charge me for having a look, poor betsy (thats me car) time for the scrap heap girl, off car hunting tommorrow
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Hello army

Late start to the day here, I took a Nitrazepam tablet last night and they seem to make me sleep for an extra couple of hours. Could probably do with something like your exercise DVD to help get my day started, pinky. Not a whole DVD's worth of exercise mind you, a couple of minutes would be fine!

Have a great girly weekend with your niece, starty. How old is she?

Best of luck on Sunday, whizzy. Gonna keep an eye out for you on the telly. Is your hotel somewhere near the start? And will Mr A be going with you? If you bump into your celebrity chef and he's the one I think he is, maybe you could mention to him about our "fuck it" thread? I reckon he'd feel right at home there!

Shame about betsy's MOT, pinky. At least the guy didn't charge you. Will you be buying new or used?

Excellent news about your sister waggy :yay:. Wot's the party in May?

Excellent news on your accreditation too, jackie....:yay: again. Well done! Glad you're feeling better and that you've got a date for your surgery. Hope you can get a cancellation, which would be even better.

Comment

Gordon Bloody Ramsey also a lot of politicians at my start.
        I am staying near the finish in Pimlico. Mr A coming along.

A nice one for you. I was struggling to walk two years ago after running the marathon and the lovely man said "it is all right for you I had to stand for over 4 hours watching at least you could keep moving" ARGGHH

Comment

littlepinkcat;1299989 wrote: Been to the garage and the mechanic is dead nice he had a look at it and said its not worth putting it through its MOT and told me to scrap it and he didn't charge me for having a look, poor betsy (thats me car) time for the scrap heap girl, off car hunting tommorrow
          Ah Jazus - poor Pinkypoo - your beloved car :upset:

Comment

anon;1300014 wrote: Gordon Bloody Ramsey also a lot of politicians at my start.
            I am staying near the finish in Pimlico. Mr A coming along.

A nice one for you. I was struggling to walk two years ago after running the marathon and the lovely man said "it is all right for you I had to stand for over 4 hours watching at least you could keep moving" ARGGHH
            Gordon 'fuck it' Ramsey. Well I never.
            Hang out of him - I'll be looking out for him & you Ms A :l

Comment

Good evenings, wavings and yoooooooooo hooooooooooooos

Still hissing down here.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening guys
                stay clear of gordon Mrs A, lol
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I :h Gordon Fecking Ramsay!! That's what Mr. Stirly and I call him.:H And I :h that he lives in a lighthouse and that he has four children.

Satz - I didn't reply to your post about the lamb stifado (that's the correct word and spelling) from yesterday. In fact, I didn't know that they made stifado with lamb. It is usually made with beef, preferably veal, and rabbit. I love it and have a super easy recipe if your interested. Super easy and super tasty. Yum, yum. When I make a stew with lamb, it is usually fricassee where you cook the meat until tender, then add torn up romaine lettuce or some kind of greens, spring onions, lots of dill and then make the egg and lemon sauce for it. It's to die for. If you want to try your hand at any Greek dishes, let me know. I've become quite competent at cooking Greek dishes. In fact, there are some foods that my family never orders in restaurants because they're not as yummy as the ones I make. Damn, I am so good at blowing my own

:hello2: Troopers!!!
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

satz: ive been car hunting already, theres not much out there, I will keep looking, Betsy is getting scrapped tommorrow or Friday,bless her cottons
                    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

littlepinkcat;1300052 wrote: evening guys
                      stay clear of gordon Mrs A, lol
                      Talking of chefs.
                      Was at a funeral of a 35 year old today. He was a chef .
                      I got the impression that Mark was a bit of a 'brat' and went against convention. I like that in people. Hate everyone to be the same like sheep Sorry - just trying to get this into words.........
                      I was sad till the priest said :
                      Some people cram lots into their short lives - and do their own thing mostly.

Others live longer & take longer time to do 'stuff' we came to do .
                      This reminded me that I truly believe this and I was not so sad after that & hope the family will be ok and remember the good times

Comment

nicely put, satz
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

stirly-girly;1300053 wrote: I :h Gordon Fecking Ramsay!! That's what Mr. Stirly and I call him.:H And I :h that he lives in a lighthouse and that he has four children.

:hello2: Troopers!!!
                          Hey Ms Stirls
                          That lamb stew sounds DEVINE - post tthe receipe by PM or here for all to enjoy.
                          How sad am I - I am in work still - 'cos I am 'mitching' from the gym and cant be arsed to go home and battle with the frigginphone.
                          JC is making a collection for my new laptop - aren't you JC ?? :H
                          Want a nice girly pink one :H

Comment

He sounds like a real character, very sad that he was so young. I hope his family will remember him with love and smiles.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

littlepinkcat;1300059 wrote: nicely put, satz
                              Bit rambly - but you get the gist

Comment

JackieClaire;1300061 wrote: He sounds like a real character, very sad that he was so young. I hope his family will remember him with love and smiles.
                                See how shallow I am. Moved on to think about my gut now & that Stirly lamb stew - Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!
                                There goes Molls pretending to be busy again

Comment

Working...
                                X