Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Momof3 has 4 years af!!!!!

Mom3 -

In all the years I lurked here while struggling with alcohol, you were one of the posters who really stood out to me. I saw someone who was smart, successful and living a good, full life without alcohol. Your example is still deeply inspiring to me. Life free of this addiction is, indeed, everything you talked about. I am grateful you continue to share your wisdom and encouragement here. You are one of the greatest people I know....who I may never meet! Well done, Momof3......Thank you.
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Momof3 - huge
      on being 4 years AF. It is so inspiring to all of us to see members who have been here for a long time and are still sober. It gives continued hope and inspiration to all of us, no matter what stage of our AF journey we are on, whether it be one day or one year or more, that we too, can continue on our own journey and accomplish what you and others have.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy this wonderful life! Hugs, Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Wishing you many, many on 4years alcohol free.

A true inspiration to us all.

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congratulations mom!:goodjob:
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

:yay::waving: CONGRATS ON 4 AF YEARS M3!!!!
              I am very happy for you & I hope to follow right along in your footsteps!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your heartfelt congratulations. It FEELS GREAT to be AF for 4 years.

During those early days when I first quit, I relied on the folks who had been here and AF for a long time. Sometimes it was faith alone that I could some day sound like them that got me through.

As Kate so eloquently said, it has taken hard work, commitment, and perserverence but every minute has been worth it.

Before I quit, I had a 25 year history of drinking and somewhere along the way, I crossed the line to being an alcoholic. Honestly, I had a problem the first time I drank as noted by my ability to drink large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. I am thankful to be alive today for if I had continued, I would surely be dead (or a walking dead person).

I want to tell all of you who are struggling: IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT. The initial phase is tough but know that it gets better and better. Don't let alcohol rob you of you energy, your life, your soul. It is so not worth it. Once the physical withdrawal goes away, it becomes mind over matter. My saving grace has been exercise and good nutrition. Also, getting back out into the world through joining a church, finding solid non-drinking friends, and community service. I also recently got certified to teach yoga. Go figure! Life's challenges keep coming my way but I am standing on solid ground.

Thanks to all of hear for your generosity, love, and authenticity. I am honored to know you.

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Hi,

OMG is all I can say lol, you are a true inspiration to us all.

Congratulations

luv Flossie xx
                  Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

M3-thank you so much for being here and for being so willing to share: your life, your honesty, your advise. It's been such a pleasure to know you these past 2 years and I hope there will be many many more years to come.

Congratulations and I'm

:h
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

What wonderful news MO3. You are just awesome!

Techie xxx
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Very hearty congratulations. That is truly a fantastic achievement. Well done!!!!!
                        If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

A big congrats to you Momof3!... Four years give this Momof2 such hope! I've only been sober one month this go around. I'm so glad you came back to tell us new people how you achieved your success. To share your celebration with those who've you've taken this long journey with. Makes everyone smile.

I've been struggling a bit today. Thank you for sharing those things that have helped you get to where you are today.

Just reading your success, on your 4 year anniversary has given me a little more strength to carry on & get thru one more day. Knowing that it really is all worth it! That going back is no way of living, in fact it may not be living at all.

Tomorrow part of my plan will be a good refreshing walk.

Comment

Huge congratulations to you, that is an amazing achievment. You are truely an inspiration

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS M3 on FOUR YEARS SOBER!!!!!:yougo::yougo:

fABulous!!!!

I am so happy you continue to share your journey here. You are an amazing and inspiring woman! Out from under the cloud of AL, all things are possible in our lives, it seems. Did you imagine you would be a yoga teacher four years ago?

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

BIG BIG BIG congratulations!!!!

4 years is truly amazing. I am in awe of how you turned your life around and how focused you are still on doing what you need to do to keep the monster away.

:wave::wave::wave:
                                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                                X