SUNSHINEDAISIES THANKS AND UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted and sent prayers and good messages and coments to me. I was absolutely gobsmacked and humbled by the whole thing. I really felt so in awe of the support from everyone here. Talk about family !!! I really felt so incredibly loved and supported and it helped me enormously that you all did this for me.

The update of the whole situation for those who don't know - at work on Thursday I started talking gibberish - be quiet those who think I do anyway - and I went to the urgicare who sent me to the ER. They thought I had a mini stroke (TIA). I had a myriad of tests, all of which came back negative. The tests showed that I have the arteries of a 20 year old (not bad seeing as I am 58) and the heart of an extremely healthy fit person - everyone thought I worked out regularly from all the test results - LOL. They decided it wasn't a TIA. The neurologist decided it was a 'complicated migraine'. However, I don't get migraines - BUT he had read on my chart that I take Topa - he assumed I take it for migraines - it didn't dawn on me til later that he assumed that!! I do NOT get migraines. The only other explanation is that I was taken off celexa 40mg three weeks ago cold turkey and put on 10mg lexapro and had had withdrawal symptoms. The neurologist said that was possible but the migraine was the explanation!! I am seeing the doc that did this on tuesday but for obvious reasons she isn't going to agree with my thinking. I have had no internet since Wednesday so haven't been able to Google it but plan on doing so. Anyway I am feeling fine - still having head rushes and feeling lightheaded but no more speech problems.

Once again - I so thank all of you SO much - you have no idea how it made me feel when I saw that thread that Dizzy started for me and all of the comments and folk who posted. Really heart warming and very humbled and cared for. You are an awesome bunch here and I love all of you. No wonder I keep coming back! LOL

Need to go and post and let Diz know I am not mad about it - she is really sweet!

thanks again and will let you know of any updates - and if anyone else is thinking of stopping Celexa cold turkey - even under a doctors orders - DON'T !!!!! That may have not been the cause of it but everything points to it.

much love and many hugs to all,

Love, Sun XXXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Your welcome. Glad to hear that your doing ok
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1301595 wrote: Hi all - I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted and sent prayers and good messages and coments to me. I was absolutely gobsmacked and humbled by the whole thing. I really felt so in awe of the support from everyone here. Talk about family !!! I really felt so incredibly loved and supported and it helped me enormously that you all did this for me.

The update of the whole situation for those who don't know - at work on Thursday I started talking gibberish - be quiet those who think I do anyway - and I went to the urgicare who sent me to the ER. They thought I had a mini stroke (TIA). I had a myriad of tests, all of which came back negative. The tests showed that I have the arteries of a 20 year old (not bad seeing as I am 58) and the heart of an extremely healthy fit person - everyone thought I worked out regularly from all the test results - LOL. They decided it wasn't a TIA. The neurologist decided it was a 'complicated migraine'. However, I don't get migraines - BUT he had read on my chart that I take Topa - he assumed I take it for migraines - it didn't dawn on me til later that he assumed that!! I do NOT get migraines. The only other explanation is that I was taken off celexa 40mg three weeks ago cold turkey and put on 10mg lexapro and had had withdrawal symptoms. The neurologist said that was possible but the migraine was the explanation!! I am seeing the doc that did this on tuesday but for obvious reasons she isn't going to agree with my thinking. I have had no internet since Wednesday so haven't been able to Google it but plan on doing so. Anyway I am feeling fine - still having head rushes and feeling lightheaded but no more speech problems.

Once again - I so thank all of you SO much - you have no idea how it made me feel when I saw that thread that Dizzy started for me and all of the comments and folk who posted. Really heart warming and very humbled and cared for. You are an awesome bunch here and I love all of you. No wonder I keep coming back! LOL

Need to go and post and let Diz know I am not mad about it - she is really sweet!

thanks again and will let you know of any updates - and if anyone else is thinking of stopping Celexa cold turkey - even under a doctors orders - DON'T !!!!! That may have not been the cause of it but everything points to it.

much love and many hugs to all,

Love, Sun XXXX
      Love you sweetheart. Please take care and I look forward to hearing more good news from you!

Techie xoxo
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello Sunshine, Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. So pleased you are on the improve and yes there are some really great people on MWO. They have helped me enormously in the battle against al. Keep us posted and let us know how your progress is!!! :l:l

Comment

Welcome back Sunshinedaisies!
          Great to see you are back in (almost) fine fettle! No more scares like that, for everyone's sake!
          Hugs and good vibes!

Comment

You did give us a scare!!! Glad to 'see' you back here! :l:h:h
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You ARE loved here, sister. And respected. You deserve every comment, every call, everything people did to show their concern for you. LOVE YOU, dear heart. (Even if you do pick on me!!!)
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Sun, I'm so happy to see you back. We were all worried about you! Take good care and keep us posted about what they finally figure out. Def sounds like it could have been meds related.

:lilheart:

UN

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1301595 wrote: at work on Thursday I started talking gibberish - be quiet those who think I do anyway
                  OK, I'll be quiet then...

LOL! Funny enough it is your habit of talking gibberish that may solve this conundrum

Remember how I called you a weirdo for enjoying the (migraine) auras? At the time I assumed you were having a awul headaches with it and found it odd that you could take the time out to enjoy the colours. Then I realised that auras could be fun if you were relaxed and had no headache. A migraine (yes I think it very well may be) with auras and no headache is called a Acephalgic or Occular migraine and is often confused with a mini stroke... (listening yet?)

If you have enough strength maybe read up a bit as I would hate for the doctors to mess with your meds unecessarily.

So here is something to get you started on your merry way:

Acephalgic migraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Difference Between Ocular Migraine And Mini Stroke - HealthCentral

http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct...eijKYOC2Df3T-A

Lots of love and hugs my sweet friend.
                  I hope we get to the bottom of this soon.
                  DB
                  XOX

Comment

Glad things have worked out Sunny :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am bumping this up 'cos I want everyone to see my thanks........ and Diz - will check out those sites

love Sun XX
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Great to see you back and to hear you are doing well :l
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hey Sunny,
                          Just catching up here- so sorry for that scare-
                          So glad you are better now-
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Sun-
                            if you do that to me again, you WILL have a headache:H:h
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

So good to know you are ok hon xxx
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X