EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

350,000 users could lose internet access July 9th. Botnet will be taken offline July 9th. A botnet is a collection of compromised computers, each of which is known as a 'bot', connected to the Internet. When a computer is compromised by an attacker, there is often code within the malware that commands it to become part of a botnet. The "botmaster" or "bot herder" controls these compromised computers via standards-based network protocols such as IRC or internet relay chat or HTTP.

How to tell if your computer is infected with malware
    It's not always easy to tell if your computer has been infected with malware. If it is unusually slow, crashes or stops responding frequently, for example, these problems might be signs that your computer has been infected. However, the same problems might also point to hardware or software issues that have nothing to do with malware. Because it's difficult to tell the reasons for your computer's unusual behavior, we suggest that you follow these steps:

How to Protect Yourself From the Zeus Botnet | Fox News

Get a more complete list of symptoms.

If, based on the complete list of symptoms, you think your computer has been infected, let Microsoft help you diagnose the problem and solve it.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

So glad you posted this, Tech. I posted it on the 'Journey' thread earlier, and it's NOT a scam or computer hoax. WTF do hackers do this stuff??
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

It is just not PC users...

In 10 Days, the Mac Safe Haven Becomes a Botnet Spewing, APT Vulnerable OS ? Exceptional Security
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

zeb it is not necessarily e-mail. It is searches via your web browser. Actually, I think e-mail is fairly safe!

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

It just amazes me that this post has not received more traction. If you are infected with this Malware and your IP address is flagged with certain DNS (domain name servers) your internet access will cease to exist starting July 9th 2012. PLEASE look to your service provider to see what they are providing users to protect themselves from this threat. If you DO NOT have current virus/system security software already loaded, do so. I would NOT download any freeware security packages via the internet.

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

techie;1303625 wrote: It just amazes me that this post has not received more traction. If you are infected with this Malware and your IP address is flagged with certain DNS (domain name servers) your internet access will cease to exist starting July 9th 2012. PLEASE look to your service provider to see what they are providing users to protect themselves from this threat. If you DO NOT have current virus/system security software already loaded, do so. I would NOT download any freeware security packages via the internet.
            Just found this thanks.:goodjob:

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

Techie -thank you! I just saw this too. I'm going to check it out. Plus, my son has a mac so I'll pass it on to him too.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

My hubby sent me this link yesterday. Hundreds of thousands may lose Internet in July | Fox News. It appears to be different then the link you posted.

I read about it in the paper this am. Our 1st born works 4 one of the biggest search Eng. Co's in the US. She didn't think she had anything to worry about using her personal mac. I will fwd her the link u provided. Thanks.

We should keep this one at the top of the thread periodically so it doesn't get lost. I feel fortunate that I have some techies in my family as this isn't my forte.

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

hi guys - please excuse my utter ignorance of most things to do with computers, but is this a USA thing or a UK thing or could it happen to anyone at all?

thanks

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Techie,

passing info onto my family :goodjob: :l

Comment

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!

kapone;1303805 wrote: hi guys - please excuse my utter ignorance of most things to do with computers, but is this a USA thing or a UK thing or could it happen to anyone at all?

thanks
                      Hiya KP, I think you'll see by the links it's global as such is the internet...bastards.. Grrr

Comment

Working...
                      X