AF but so tired - normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced being just really tired after stopping drinking? I am NEVER sick (hungover, yes, really sick, no). I suppose as the body adjusts to no alcohol I'll be feeling many things I never used to, but tiredness wasn't one thing I anticipated.

I have been AF for 11 days now, felt brilliant the first week (full of energy), am sleeping better than I have done in years and love waking up clear-headed and ready to go. I don't have to drag myself out of bed anymore, and in the morning am functioning better at work. By the afternoon, however, I'm just so tired I've actually sat at my desk falling asleep (not good infront of a class of students!). I cancelled the gym today because at 6pm I just wanted to come home and sleep - and by 7.30pm I was asleep on the sofa. I felt the same yesterday. Just wondering if others felt/feel the same and if so what they are doing/did to help?

Thanks!
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Arial,

First of all. :goodjob: on 11 days AF.

Secondly it's completely normal. We've been battering our bodies with alcohol for years so it's going to take a little while to get over the shock of being sober.

Just rest when you can, eat as well as you can and of course plenty of fluids. It will pass.

Oh and enjoy those lovely un-hungover mornings.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yup, normal, indeed.
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Yes its one of the withdrawl symptoms Ive studied thorugh the many sites on the nights I can not fall asleep, I cant fall asleep yet I feel so tired! not even coffee is helping me! ughhh

Comment

same here.....but it gets better
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Exactly the same here... I am on day 4 AF after cutting down significantly before stopping..
            I am totally exhausted by 3pm. Getting normal sleep but still tired.. it's the huge change in habits i think

take care
            patrice

Comment

Arial,
              Yes, I was very tired and craved sugar like crazy. I don't even have that much of a sweet tooth! It will get better. Keep up the great work!!!! :goodjob:
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
              X