Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

445 viewed, 32 posted, but no reply

Dear All,
    On 7th Feb, "A NEW QUESTION" was posted asking about buddies. Beaches and I both asked how it worked.
    As there was a bit of joking in the various posts, I thought to make my request lighthearted by posting
    "Hey all you techno geeks,
    Beaches and I don't know what the buddy list or the ignore list actually does. Someone want to enlighten we IT ignorant people? I assume the ignore will block posts to the person who blocked you.
    Please tell me. I don't have smelly feet, I clean my teeth regularly and use underarm deodorant.
    Rags"

No-one responded. I'm still clueless. Would someone out there please tell me how it works?
    Thanks,
    Rags

Pssssst ... (whispers) Hey Rags ... I've been here for ages and wouldn't have a clue .... sorry ...

Signed: Your fellow IT ignoramus

PS. And sometimes I even shave my legs ...

Comment

Geez, Tawny,
      I really am a social failure, never thought to shave my legs!!!

Comment

Count me in on the "duh" group...

I'm going to shave my legs now.......
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

duh .....

Sorry don't have a clue .....
          sigpicXXX

Comment

You can add people to your buddy and ignore lists, although for what purpose, I don't honestly know. ????
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Aaargh.
              It has to be some programmers joke, or maybe extraterrestrial beings are testing our intelligence.

Comment

No Idea!

Sorry but have no idea. Some people are more popular and many people look for them (I do have my favourites) but that can be disheartening to some others or most people especially when we are new! So its all abit tricky and I can't give you an answer, but felt I needed to reply.
                Much Love
                Shas
                Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Fan

Does all this make any body feel better?
                  Shas

Comment

I don't know

Sorry Fan,
                    The whole thing just pushed my buttons tonight!
                    Reminds me of the snotty nosed kid that nobody wanted to be on their team
                    Anyway I am so tired I could even replying to the wrong thread! You know when you are having struggle everything leads you to where you don't want to go!
                    Much Love
                    Shas

Comment

No clue whatsoever on what this feature is or how its used. Maybe time to bring in the big guns.
                      RJ?
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Yes that's right

Thanks, Fan, I'm putting you on the payroll. :-)

Yes, the buddy list helps you keep track of friends you've made on the board. It allows you to easily see who's currently online (if they have not selected invisible mode) as it places a "plus sign" next to their name.

Adding people to your buddy list also lets you send private messages to multiple members more easily.

To add a MWO pal to your buddy list, simply use the pull-down menu over their user name and select the "add to buddy list" feature.

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. When you add someone to your ignore list, their messages will be hidden when you read a thread.

RJ
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention...

To send private messages to individuals or multiple buddies, do this: go to the blue navigation bar on the home page and select the ?Quick Links?. Pull down to ?Open Buddy List?. Very handy.

Really need to get that FAQ written...!

RJ
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Hey,

I put Fan on my ignore list. His posts come up as "Fan is on your ignore list" I can see he has posted, but I can't read what it was he said.

I'm off to take him off my ignore list because I kind of like him.
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Fan and Roberta,
                              THANKYOU, THANKYOU.

Kate, I cracked up with your post. My stomach hurt I laugh4ed so much.
                              Phew, at least now I know its not aliens.
                              Thankyou to everyone who posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X