Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like to see my bottom? :-)

Subtitle: "I'm on a mission from God".

Hi Groovy Guys and Groovy Gals...been a long time. I'll try to stick to two points in this long rant:

1. Is this my bottom?
    2. Is "faith" interacting with my bottom?

Synopsis:
    I've been unemployed with no unemployment now for a year. I'm several thousand dollars behind on my rent. Just spent every dime to my name today to not have our heat/electricity shut off. I suspect that despite applying to hundreds of jobs and having five or so interviews, my ex-employer is "black-listing" me; he has a lot of 'pull' in our region's industry.

And so, I drink, despite the fact that it takes away precious money from rent, from food, and from my sanity.

1. Peoples' bottoms are very different. Peoples' drinking habits are very different. Would my life be different, if a year ago, I quit when catastrophe struck?

Yes.

Would we have more money to pay for rent and bills if we didn't get *at least* a 12-pack every day between the two of us?

Yes.

I could go on and on with point one, and perhaps with your help, I can expound some more if you wish.

2. Faith. Hmm. I have put on 40 pounds in the last year. I do not believe in myself. My self-esteem is zilch. I have friends who tell me how talented I am, how *good* I am, how intelligent I am. I see none of that. I've let myself go...my house, my marriage...I'm just...gone.

I *used* to be spiritual. I *used* to believe in my abilities. I'm so lost. And then...on my way back from the South Bend airport, dropping my brother off for his flight back to L.A., I got a phone call. It was a friend of mine who had a session with a Bible-thumping counselor (no disrespect intended), and she mentioned that I was a graphic designer. He said he needed a graphic designer.

Today I met with him, and while I'm not Christian by background, I believe that the "message", no matter what faith you're in, is the same. There is a higher power; even, coming from my scientific/questioning (UU) background.

He's got TONS of work for me, if I can get out of my funk...

Questions or comments, my sage friends here?

Thanks?Nichau

P.S. Please feel free to chortle and guffaw on my use of the word, "bottom".
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

I must admit that your bottom thing caught my attention....Ha! But after hearing your story, wow it sucks ! Jobs are a real pain to get these days. Were you in the military ? A veteran ? The VA could help. How old are you ? Would joining the military be a alternative.......Hope you can find something, maybe someone else might have some ideas. Good Luck.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Nichau,

Your bottom :bum: grabbed my attention as well! I believe you have been offered TONS of work, correct? Here is a chance to pull up your boot straps and get back in the game. I know you're in a "funk", but I think it's a circumstantial funk only...meaning once you start piecing things back together, the funk will be gone (sounds like a cologne FunkBGone). LOL

Seriously, I know you're struggling right now, but things are looking up. Grab hold of this opportunity to work and earn some money and start digging your way out of debt. You CAN do this, and you know how. I have faith that you can, even if you don't.

Please let us know how it goes. I'll be sending positive vibes your way!

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Damn, nobody's butt is here. Lol

I think we can always talk ourselves into another bottom, of we really wanted to. Right?

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and create a new life. Take the bull by the horns and you can do it!!!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

LOL?thanks guys for the advice! I'll let you know how it goes.
          "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Welp, here's the outcome.

Pastor talked to his other two designers, and one of the designers said she had "some guy" who could do what I did. As the Pastor had worked with this designer for 4+ years, he decided to go with "some guy" instead of me.

Oh well.

—William A. Ward

Comment

That is pretty sad to hear about. If i were you i would go for the jobs that are not from my field but will still pay me good bucks. Like working in a restaurant or so. No job in the world is cheap, Because it pays your bills.
              cary il personal training

Comment

I came here with a different expectation I must say
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Working...
                X