Techie's take on hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Techie's take on hate

What is a hate thread? Someone tell me? We are all here to support one another. The ability to communicate over the internet is a powerful tool. It has changed all our lives in profound and compelling ways. To dumb down a members post, to dissect it to find other meaning is disrespectful to the tenets of the site.

At the base level we are a forum full of drunks. Many sober, some struggling, and some still posting while drinking. So, medicated or NOT we must always be respectiful. I cherish the stories of success, and welcome many more. With your love, understanding, and ability to absorb my humor, I thrive.

I have NO idea what transpired several nights ago, I'm happy I do not. I do know one thing. We are all much stronger as a team of people looking for the same end result. Sobriety. So please don't take short comments/posts and spin them. I only hope that we all think about what we say, how we contribute to the site and others, and realize we all trying to do our best.

I thank you all for your support
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Techie's take on hate

Beautifully said, Techie! Thank you.

CW

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Yes Swammy GEICO agrees with your words of wisdom. ( by the way how's your seer gig making out !?! Ha!) GEICO is so scaly.....need to move on. Ha! Tony
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Techie's take on hate

I've missed whatever has gone on but thanks Techie for reminding us why we are here and thats to support each other in which ever way we can.
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Techie's take on hate

techie;1305924 wrote: We are all much stronger as a team of people looking for the same end result. Sobriety.
          :agreed:

Comment

Techie's take on hate

techie;1305924 wrote: What is a hate thread? Someone tell me? We are all here to support one another. The ability to communicate over the internet is a powerful tool. It has changed all our lives in profound and compelling ways. To dumb down a members post, to dissect it to find other meaning is disrespectful to the tenets of the site.

At the base level we are a forum full of drunks. Many sober, some struggling, and some still posting while drinking. So, medicated or NOT we must always be respectiful. I cherish the stories of success, and welcome many more. With your love, understanding, and ability to absorb my humor, I thrive.

I have NO idea what transpired several nights ago, I'm happy I do not. I do know one thing. We are all much stronger as a team of people looking for the same end result. Sobriety. So please don't take short comments/posts and spin them. I only hope that we all think about what we say, how we contribute to the site and others, and realize we all trying to do our best.

I thank you all for your support
            thankx really that was well said .. sending you some big hugs and love buddy
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Would it take just as much energy to edify a person if their post was incorrect as to launch an all out attack involving many members? And what of it if you do not like a person's life and way of expressing it?. If you genuinely feel people are being neglected for it then pm those whose sobriety support you are concerned for and channel your energy into offering them support. How bout that folks? Haters don't have to be haters forever. Peace out.:h
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Thank you Techie. :h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Amen to that Techie. :h
                  "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Love your avatar Mightymite
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Perfectly put Techie.
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Techie's take on hate

I must have missed it, lol, but I do miss a lot. That doesn't sound good.:H

Agreed Techie, give peace a chance. Seems like I read that line around here tonight somewhere.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Well put, Techie. Thank you.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Techie's take on hate

"Hear Hear" or "Here Here" or however it's spelt when you mean: "I agree" :H

:goodjob:

thanks techster - I'm not a fan of disharmony myself, not a good happs for emotional sobriety.

Thanks, and may peace pervade as ever:h

Comment

Techie's take on hate

Thanks for this post, Techie. You're a good egg. :h

Comment

Working...
                              X