Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th April

Morning Army

Cannot believe we are nearly at the end of April already. This year is flying by.

I hope everyone survived Friday night and is waking up nice and positive.

I am in bed with my coffee and planning on staying here for a while longer. Going to have a pottering day today cos I am knackered!

Good to see you Slimeyhole. Defo get yourself a lappy. Its an essential piece of kit for the recovering alkie :H
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 28th April

Good morning starts,
    you just pipped me to the post..:H:H

was gonna wait and see who's awake, before I started the thread off....but you pipped me....never mind, you always did it before.......!!!!!
    :H:H howz you nowadays? things getting better??:l

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Ahoy there me ole mate Starts! great to see you & Aloha LadyJan - same goes!!! Been a lovely Saturday here, had a most pleasant day. Hope the morning greets you both in great spirits, having slept like wee lambs!

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Morning Jan

All is pretty good here. I have a full on job which seems to take up all my time and energy these days but I do enjoy it and its great to be given a chance to learn something new.

Hows things with you?

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Hiya Kapo

What did you do today??

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

startingover;1306279 wrote: Morning Army

Cannot believe we are nearly at the end of April already. This year is flying by.

I hope everyone survived Friday night and is waking up nice and positive.

I am in bed with my coffee and planning on staying here for a while longer. Going to have a pottering day today cos I am knackered!

Good to see you Slimeyhole. Defo get yourself a lappy. Its an essential piece of kit for the recovering alkie :H
            You'd be right about that, Starts - my lappy and my telephone (landline) are most predominantly used for recovery, AA and recovering mates. Lifelines

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

kapone;1306285 wrote: You'd be right about that, Starts - my lappy and my telephone (landline) are most predominantly used for recovery, AA and recovering mates. Lifelines
              Absolutely right Kapo.
              Do you feel quite secure in your recovery now?

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

startingover;1306284 wrote: Hiya Kapo

What did you do today??
                I had some time with my friend Heidi and her 5 month old baby - she (Hides) is desperately trying (again) to kick a morphine habit, and I help out with her two older kids a lot. Then I went for a drive out country to Swananoa to pick up a new telly for when we go digital next year...it's a very flash telly, but not a huge monstrosity that lots of people go for these days....I am not a huge telly watcher but when NZ goes digital next year the old style tellys will be defunct...then I did a bit of shopping at the supermarket, and driving home I saw my eldest son (Jacob) at work on a road site driving a digger!! PROUD moment :H.

What's your pottering going to consist of today, Starts - and thanks for asking about my day, it's lovely of you:l:l

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Yes, I can completely say I hve a steadfast, solid recovery going on. The best one ever, and many, many people remark on that fact, which is encouraging. I am very aware of complacency, and the cunning, baffling, powerful nature of our disease, so complacency and emotional turmoil is constantly monitored!!
                  I have been single for a while now, and that really helps too :H

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Oh Kapo, my heart goes out to your mate. Morphine is such an tough thing to kick. How bad is she?
                    I am not a huge telly watcher either, but I do like the odd programme these days. I stopped watching it for about 3 years when I first got sober, now I watch a little.

Well I have some food shopping and some housework but mainly it will be drinking coffee and playing on the puter I think oh and nanna napping

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

kapone;1306288 wrote: Yes, I can completely say I hve a steadfast, solid recovery going on. The best one ever, and many, many people remark on that fact, which is encouraging. I am very aware of complacency, and the cunning, baffling, powerful nature of our disease, so complacency and emotional turmoil is constantly monitored!!
                      I have been single for a while now, and that really helps too :H
                      Agree. I think relationships are a major factor in our undoing. Why that is I dont know but they are the hardest things to navigate and sometimes I think singledom would be better and easier

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

And how LOVELY to have such a proud mummy moment. :l

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

startingover;1306291 wrote: Oh Kapo, my heart goes out to your mate. Morphine is such an tough thing to kick. How bad is she?
                          I am not a huge telly watcher either, but I do like the odd programme these days. I stopped watching it for about 3 years when I first got sober, now I watch a little.

Well I have some food shopping and some housework but mainly it will be drinking coffee and playing on the puter I think oh and nanna napping
                          Sounds like you have a pretty darn perfect day lined up, good on you! Yes, the morphine is an evil habit, been there, I'm afraid. She was nearly off when baby was born, but what with one thing and the next (plus she really has a truly DREADFUL mother who she has to live with - the social services have their eye on her BIG time you see, ... oh it breaks my heart that I can't do more to help her and her babies) - anyway, she is back up to about 20mg a day. A nasty, evil habit - and she is doing so well, trying-wise, the poor love.

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

kapone;1306294 wrote: Sounds like you have a pretty darn perfect day lined up, good on you! Yes, the morphine is an evil habit, been there, I'm afraid. She was nearly off when baby was born, but what with one thing and the next (plus she really has a truly DREADFUL mother who she has to live with - the social services have their eye on her BIG time you see, ... oh it breaks my heart that I can't do more to help her and her babies) - anyway, she is back up to about 20mg a day. A nasty, evil habit - and she is doing so well, trying-wise, the poor love.
                            Is there no way she can move away from her mother?

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Hia KP :nutso:....

gonna have to get me a lappie...about how much should a half decent one cost am most deffo NOT getting a 2nd hand one, heard so many stories, and common sense tells me not to.... !

what ones would you guys recomend for about 4/500 euros?? don't forget I live here so it will be cheaper...! :H

Comment

Working...
                              X