Army Thread 28th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th April

littlepinkcat;1306642 wrote: oney, mrs pinky is dead supportive i soppose im dead lucky in that sense
    yes you are :l:l
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Aww our Whizzy, Zenners get over here while I :b&d: and give you at the same time.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

i love that smilly whipping the other ones butt, its mint
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

trying to shove noodles down my neck before I head out tonight...

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Told ya before Zens, the M&S forum enough for me these days.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Howyiz . Who's watching uk voice. Foxypoo?

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Pingypoo is watching with her tigger
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

we only have channel for, lol, at mrs pinkys and her tv is fcuked
                  I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

We like jaz. And our curry
                    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Yep he is, I scratch his back and he scrathes mine...it works

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Right I am off, will check in during the night if it is wank x

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Evening all Ahh mrs whizzy don't wory and don't be down and hard on yourself i have had a lot of slips as well so don't feel bad. I'll never give up trying thats the real failure. I'm reading the Jason Vale book again which is a help and i have my tuesday appointment at the addiction centre. I wud love to see your pic as well anon if you don't mind pm me it also. i didn't catch the London marathon only what i read in the paper here. Oney enjoy ur evening. Not much on tv i have 2 dvds from the library i can watch for later. Enjoy your curry pingu. A girl i used to work used to say when she was waiting too long for food. Me stomach thought me throat was cut :H:H

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

for anyone who likes purple, this is my new stone, with a bit of pissing around with colours and shite on a photo editing programme, I like doing stuff like this even though it ends up nowhere LOL

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Hiya Army!!

First of all, big :huggy to Mrs. A. I'm sorry you gave into the urge to drink and I hope that you are feeling better soon. Please don't beat yourself up over it but do, as you say, try to find the reason behind your decision to drink. You've had a rough time of it this week, being so sick, and I hope you can get back on track and get some nourishing food into you. You are a strong lady. Next time, how about picturing AL as a competitor in a race and you're going to outrun him instead of run with him or behind him.

I would like to take some time to state my opinion about what has been posted over the past couple of days on some of the threads on this forum.

Oney, the first part is addressed to you.

We all have the right to state our opinions and to vent if something bothers us. We are not, however, responsible for the way others react to what we have said or done. That is their decision, not ours. Just as I made the decision to vent about something that annoyed me, you made the decision to speak your mind, whether others agree with you or not. You stand by your truth and that is a good thing. You don't back down and you state your opinions and feelings with complete honesty. I greatly admire that. As I admire many members of MWO who always express such wisdom and insight in their posts and I salute their ongoing support for others. Mario is one of those people, as is KateH1.

Many members have posted over the past couple of days about the "hate" that is present on this forum. I, myself have been guilty of using that word while expressing my annoyance at a post I saw, when I should have used the word "dislike" rather than "hate". The word "hate" is, as another member pointed out, a very, very harsh word indeed. I personally don't believe that there is "hate" on these boards. There are things that annoy us, things that we don't like to see, posts that frustrate us. And once in a while, something happens that makes our blood boil. (I'm referring to a father who deliberately got drunk and then picked his child up at school and drove while drunk with the child in the car.) Hate, in the true meaning of the word, in my opinion, is not present on this forum. And referring to a thread as a "hate thread" is again, IMHO, an unfortunate expression. There will be posts where people express their objection to another member's method of posting, their annoyance with other posts, their disagreement with what others have posted and their frustration at posts that are of no benefit to this forum but made to boost the poster's ego. But not hatred. Not at MWO.

And again, when we post our disagreement, our frustration or our objection to how or what another member or members posts, how they react is not our fault, nor our decision. If someone was to criticize me or object to what or how I post, I have several choices. To protest and support my opinion, to turn my back and ignore the other person, to leave the forum so as not to read anymore negative comments about me, or to examine why that person objected to what I had posted and to see if perhaps there was a shred of truth in what was said.

I am not writing this to start a new argument. I am simply stating my opinion on how I see things in light of the recent "commotion" on the boards. We all came to MWO to find help because we are alcoholics. That we have in common. That and the fact that we want to get and stay sober. The MWO members are a greatly diverse group of people, from different parts of the world, different cultures, different beliefs/religion and from different upbringings. It would be foolish of us to think that we will always get along and that others will always agree with us. There will be people who will feel drawn to certain threads because they feel more at home there. Whether it be the "atmosphere" of that thread, the support and advice given there or even because they feel that the opinions and/or humour there are more suited to their own. However, stating that the thread you regularly post on is "the best", that you belong to the best "family" on the forum or comments like "you're safe here" implying that members are not "safe" on other threads are derisive to the other daily, weekly or monthly threads here at MWO.

Unfortunately, fate dealt us a truly lousy hand of cards. We're alcoholics and it's a very, very difficult disease to overcome. It takes determination, hard work and commitment. Every single second of every single minute of every single hour, day, week, month and year for the rest of our lives.

As a final comment to this post I want to say that I truly wish the best for each and every one of the MWO members who are still struggling on their AF journey and to those who are successfully sober. We are all in this together and we are all in need of support. Each and every one of us. There are no "haters" here. There are only people who don't always agree with the way we/you think or post. But they, as well as us/you , still need support.

Stirly

With that, I am off to walk Freddo and then to bed. Wishing you all, sweet dreams.
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 28th April

Anyone Around

Cos britains got no talent is wank tonight....

Comment

Working...
                                X